Anyone remember these?

Personally I remember these being a woman's shoe released back in  99/00 but I can't figure out the name.  Anyone? (Not my pic so i don't have any photo's of the tag)

Originally Posted by SNKR INDSTRY JOSHBASKIN

Max Specter. Always liked these for some reason.

Thank you, I truly appreciate it.  I liked them too, the only thing that bothered me was the the gap between the heel and the forefoot (same issue with the nike dolce)

Although i believe air max specter is the actual name of those,
i somehow thought about the one it called air max dolce when i first saw the above pic.....

The men's version of these was white with a maroon midsole and accents. REALLY liked the looks, but tried them on, and my feet weren't having it. They were SUPER narrow and the strap was hell to get fastened. Probably would've been a little better with some wear, but they weren't comfortable enough out of the box to justify the purchase.

Peace,
J

My brother had those, in silver I think. Thought they were kinda off for Men's shoes, must be the heel height. 

B001LRPLB4
This came out in about 3-4 colours in the mens' version; blue/red, all black, white/white, & dull gold yellowish sviler (?)

They were part of the men's XT crosstraining line at the time for Nike in the mid to late 1990s, IIRC.

The top of the line from the same styling was the Fantaposite trainer that shared that same raised air bubble heel feature, which turned out to be a drawback. I had both til the front insole of my Air Max Specter left shoe started squeaking like crazy so I had to dump them.

Design flaw shared with the Fantaposite/trainerposite was the poor rubber they used in the heel area - it wore away superquick. Shoe looked sexy til you turned it over to see all the heel wear
frown.gif

Originally Posted by jshortt

The men's version of these was white with a maroon midsole and accents. REALLY liked the looks, but tried them on, and my feet weren't having it. They were SUPER narrow and the strap was hell to get fastened. Probably would've been a little better with some wear, but they weren't comfortable enough out of the box to justify the purchase.

Peace,
J
laugh.gif
man i remember the strap being a PAIN.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

Peace,
J
laugh.gif

DAMN, blast from the past there jae oh en.  Haven't seen you around in a whiiiiile.  And "pain" is an understatement for those straps, haha.

Peace,
   J

I remember the Specters, they remind me of a pair of Max Amplifys I used to have. I don't know about the Specters but these were mad comfortable.

(not my pic)
396485821cBXVcr_ph.jpg

Originally Posted by jae oh en

Peace,
J
laugh.gif

Yes, super narrow and the strap was an immense pain.

I thought I scored a deal on the Silver/Black/Red pair at Nordstrom's Rack a few years ago for $40, but they were such a pain on multiple levels, they ended up getting Ebayed.

Looked sharp, though.

I remember when my Champs used to stock them. Never was a fan but they sold pretty well b/c they were diff and had a good pricepoint.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Remembered these released in Q1/Q2 2001.  The translucent midsole was a preview of the styling direction Nike was taking at the time.  This design element was best incorporated into the Air Jordan XVII (especially in this blue hue), that was released shortly after these.[/color]

Back
Top Bottom