Anyone remember this? Bobby Simmons - Flava Videos

Back in 02 when I moved to NY I didn't have cable so I'd watch this show on Public Access called Flava videos with this video DJ, Bobby Simmons. Dude was pretty funny and had mad catch phrases, too. Never called him up, though. It was like 3.50 a minute for the call. Anyone remember this? Found a video of him.

yes, yes i do 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

yes, yes i do 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
back when i didn't have cable, this used to be my channel for music videos
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And they also had a hispanic dude named Roberto, but the callers would always call to make fun of him instead of requesting music videos 
laugh.gif

Bobby Simmons was funny as hell , Flava videos started in  the mid  90's 

I remember those day. Flava vids was better. Especially when he used to do impressions.

yeah, i'm getting old.

Hells yes.

He was actually a member of the group Stetsasonic. Who had a big record "Talkin' All That Jazz" and another pretty big song "Sally".

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

I remember those day. Flava vids was better. Especially when he used to do impressions.

yeah, i'm getting old.
I use to like watching that Biggie-gimme the loot skit 
laugh.gif

classic NY .................

someone post GIMME the LOOT, bobby kilt that.....

the spanish cat that used to fill in for him was cool but he was a low key dweeb... BOBBY HELD NYC DOWN FOR YEARS

Only ppl from BK and the NYC area would know about him
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I still remember when he was gonna show some sex tape and I missed it
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
It was the R. Kelly mixtape. This was before it was everywhere online like that.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Only ppl from BK and the NYC area would know about him
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I still remember when he was gonna show some sex tape and I missed it
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
It was the R. Kelly mixtape. This was before it was everywhere online like that.

roll.gif
I remember that... Bobby was a character on late night TV lol

I donno how to embed videos but here is the gimmie the loot and the dance battle which was too funny.....
http://ilpvideo.com/video.php?v=Mjk3MTg
http://www.myspace.com/video/bobby/crazy-bobby-dance/2766882

I think the spanish dude was Robert or something that started popping up once flava videos ended (Ch 25 in Bushwick)....had a mole on his face if i remember correctly...people use to call and blast him on air calling him a Mo and all 
roll.gif

then they had the brother/sister duo before it died out (sister was iight but they were just OD wack)....classic childhood memories 
pimp.gif

embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom