anyone see adventureland?

tried searching and nothing came up..

saw it over the weekend and thought it was pretty good.. the soundtrack was on point and theres something about kristen stewart.. main guy was annoying though.

adventureland_movie_poster.jpg

It was Superbad in Kennywood, the typical coming-of-age story involving booze, drugs, sex, heartbreak, blah blah blah.

The end.

my school screened it. i liked it, you knew what was going to happen but it is cute little indie film

maybe I'll check it out

but there IS something about Kristen Stewart. I'm strangely attracted to her, she has that I just got done screwing and smoked a cigarette look toher
laugh.gif
devil.gif

edit: this is her at the premier

Kristen-Stewart-Naughty-Goth.jpg

IMO Kristen Stewart has got to be the most unactractive leading actress out there...

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

It was Superbad in Kennywood, the typical coming-of-age story involving booze, drugs, sex, heartbreak, blah blah blah.

The end.
i dont know man
i thought this movie was a lot more introspective and subtle.
This is a much more honest look at so called "coming of age" story

its still a funny movie but its certainly not "superbad in pittsburgh"

Originally Posted by Zephyr1983

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

This is a much more honest look at so called "coming of age" story
Pretty much how I felt. Lots of 'trying to figure out life' going on.

But the main guy reminded me of Michael Cera. In every way possible.

i thought it was pretty good...but it seems that bill hader and kristen wiig were very underused in the film..

probably might see it again

----------------------

FOR SALE, PM ME
SIZE10
-USED NIKE AIR FORCE 1 MID WHITE
SIZE10.5
-USED NIKE AIR COURT FROCE HI
-DS NIKE AIR TECH CHALLENGE 2
-VNDS OG NIKE AIR ULTRA FORCE MID

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

IMO Kristen Stewart has got to be the most unactractive leading actress out there...

nah that goes to maggie gyllenhaal .. i can understand why people dont think kristen stewart is attractive though.. even i dont understand why i like her.. buttheres just something about her

Originally Posted by jeyel

even i dont understand why i like her.. but theres just something about her
Yup. She has that 'I've been up for 3 days binge drinking' look. And she's pretty plain.

But I'd ravage that.

Yeah I saw it. It is not like Superbad. It seems to be marketed like that but that isn't the case at all. It is more like a drama with a bit of comedy. Itwas still well-written, very real and over all I thought it was really good.

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

Yeah I saw it. It is not like Superbad. It seems to be marketed like that but that isn't the case at all. It is more like a drama with a bit of comedy. It was still well-written, very real and over all I thought it was really good.
Very true. I came in there thinking there would be tons of crude jokes and humor. But, it was far from Superbad. I loved the soundtrack...especially his bummer songs tape, although I think they only played one song while they were driving. I liked the movie even though the ending was veryabrupt. Lots of making out, too haha.

Spoiler:
I was highly surprised with Ryan Reynolds' role in this flick. They gave no indication of that at all in thetrailers.

I just caught this movie tonight and I absolutely loved it. I agree with whoever said this movie was a more honest take on the "coming of age" movie.I liked how it was much more realistic than other movies in a sense that not everything you plan in life goes as planned. I was able to sympathize with each ofthe characters and I never lost interest throughout the entire movie.

Highlights:

- the Yo La Tengo soundtrack. Excellent.
- Kristen Stewart. I don't know what the hell you guys are saying about not knowing what it is about her. She's real pretty. I think maybe it'sbecause she's one of those people that look better in action as opposed to photographs.
- Ryan Reynolds as a creep. I never realized I could see this guy as anything more than a slapstick comedy kind of actor. His scenes with Kristen Stewartreally made me uneasy.
- "Tommy Frigo" and Bill Hader as comedy relief
roll.gif

I really want to see this movie again. It's definitely one of the better movies I've seen recently.

Back
Top Bottom