Anyone Thinking About Skipping PS4/XBOX1 For PC?

You guys have touched on everything i was thinking.

Not impressed with ps4 or xb1 launch titles so not copping yet.
But idk how big the PC gaming market is i would think developers would favor the consoles just due to the bigger market.

I played CS source a lot in college and loved it so im cool with a keyboard and mouse control...but would need a controller for the sports games. Also there is something to be said about the gaming system being on the "main" tv in your house when friends come over to play. I am assuming you could do that with a pc but i know i wouldn't want to unhook everything and move it...or keep it attached to my main tv all the time.

I don't think id ever spend the money on a high end gaming PC since i don't really game enough to warrant doing that honestly. But that is the same reason i am waiting on ps4/xb1 purchase...i haven't even played gta5 yet...im still working my way through kingdom hearts 1.5 remix :lol:

Steam is changing all of this.

With Steam's OS, you'll be able to remote play your PC on your television so you don't have to move it. Plus, having the ability to access all of your media from your PC on your television as well as having a fully functional PC is way more worth it.

steam machine

steammachines837ibuypower.jpg

$499
multicore AMD CPU
discrete AMD Radeon R9 270 graphics card
Valve's Steam Controller
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
500GB hard drive
Valve's Linux-based Steam OS

my boy been trying to convince me to build a PC for a while now... 

to hear them tell it, people on PC's been playing "next gen" games for years. 

it's just something about the PC that i cant get hip to... it's pure ignorance and I know this... won't deny it 

it's like people that wont buy store brand food... even tho the **** often tastes better

I have an Alienware x51 that I caught used on Craigslist, for around 500. And I love it. I game at 1080P, and with the 660ti(upgraded from the 555GTX and an i5, i'm able to max almost every current release(minus your crysis 3s etc).
Its also my HTPC using XBMC. Sick little machine. There really isnt much that I miss about the consoles, other than the quality of online NBA 2kers

Last edited:
the best shooting game of all time is still counterstrike

wouldn't be surprised if i sign on steam now and still see hundreds of thousands of servers going hard...on 1.6 even.

Two different experiences if you ask me.

You arent going to be wowed by first generation console games.

do you mean the early games for a given console? cuz id agree with you. gta 5 came out this year and graphically imo, is far superior to 4. why? because developers had years with the development environment and know how to push out every once of potential of system.

i wouldn't be surprised if the games released now for xbox one and ps4 pale in comparison to releases in 5-7 yrs..

Last edited:
I tried PC gaming a few years ago and couldn't get into them.

1 - it costs to play... meaning if you want the FULL experience you need to keep you computer up to date. it can be expensive. The xbox or ps are a flat fee to be able to play games for the next 5-7 years. no need to upgrade ram/video cards/processors/etc
2 - my friends are console gamers. I tried to talk to them about it but it was a no go
3 - I like my gaming rig... too lazy to do the extra stuff to make it worthy of a PC

Its all preference tho. I definitely respect PC gamers

Cosign! I tried to get into PC gaming, but there was something always lacking about my PC once a new game came out. I had to toggle settings all the time just to make sure it was playable, not choppy etc. Then if that wasnt enough, I had to buy more Ram or upgrade the videocard. I hated all the set up it took just to play a new game.

Went back to console gaming, and it just works for me.

steam machine

steammachines837ibuypower.jpg

$499
multicore AMD CPU
discrete AMD Radeon R9 270 graphics card
Valve's Steam Controller
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
500GB hard drive
Valve's Linux-based Steam OS

So hot.

And the cool thing about it is, you don't even need it to use the Steam OS.

OPTIONS!! :wow:

:lol:

Cosign! I tried to get into PC gaming, but there was something always lacking about my PC once a new game came out. I had to toggle settings all the time just to make sure it was playable, not choppy etc. Then if that wasnt enough, I had to buy more Ram or upgrade the videocard. I hated all the set up it took just to play a new game.

Went back to console gaming, and it just works for me.

That's not really the case anymore. The last few generations of GPUs and CPUs can handle these new games easily.

Some developers do favor consoles though and with their PC ports you can tell. But I'll always choose a PC version of a game before the console. I don't even care about multiplayer games anymore so what my friends play does not matter.

but pretty much every PS4/XB1 Game will come out on the PC anyways (meaning they are free 
nerd.gif
) so i never saw the point of getting an Xbox/PS

Nintendo on the otherhand... makes by far the best games and they are exclusive to Nintendo Systems (the new ones at least)

oh and mouse + wasd is the best way to play FPS

Video games are a huge waste of time and money. Get a real hobby

This I agree with. But I gave up gaming for about 4 years, just getting back into the swing of things. And it really does keep your senses sharp. Whens there no school, just work, extra curriculars and relationships. Escapes are appreciated.

but pretty much every PS4/XB1 Game will come out on the PC anyways (meaning they are free :nerd: ) so i never saw the point of getting an Xbox/PS

Nintendo on the otherhand... makes by far the best games and they are exclusive to Nintendo Systems (the new ones at least)

oh and mouse + wasd is the best way to play FPS

esdf>>>>

I don't think will ever stop playing video games. If I ever decide to have children I'd share my passion for the games with them too

Video games are a huge waste of time and money. Get a real hobby

They're a good source of entertainment for a lot of people.

After 8hrs of work,

A gym session,

and dinner...

I like to pop in a video game for a little bit.

Isn't any more of a 'waste of time' than collecting sneakers, posting on nt, going to the movies, sleeping in, etc etc

If its a source of entertainment let them cook. people need a way to unwind in their own way. :smile:

im happy with my PS3..

will cry if it breaks though, nothing appealing about the 4 YET..

i only play rockstar games since they are the only ones that are fun for ME, sports suck i mean why watch something you can do yourself..

yes i could go out and carjack someone and shoot em in the face but will i respawn in my mansion?? yeah didnt think so.

Haven't enjoyed a game since MW2, so neither. I use my ps3 for Netflix only.

Back
Top Bottom