Anyone Updated Their Sprint Mogul With The New Rom Yet? EVDO Rev A/GPS

Updated mine yesterday. GPS makes the phone even more
pimp.gif

I heard there was a REV A rom awhile back made by no2chem I didn't try it out though

Man I tried so many times and couldn't get it to work, and I'm usually good at this $++*. My activesync connection kept going on and off. They need tomake it where its just a .cab

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Updated mine yesterday. GPS makes the phone even more
pimp.gif

I heard there was a REV A rom awhile back made by no2chem I didn't try it out though

Did u use any software with it IE google maps or even msn live search? If so how was it?

O stank! This is the official then and not the prerelease? I'm going to do it right now then, lemme just back up my ringtones to the sd card

I used google maps with mine
as soon as i selected gps it found me in like 5 seconds
a sprint program comes with it but unless you have sprint
navigation includedon your plan it will only be a trial version.i.heard that
one has the voice turn by turn direction or w/e..we needa have
an official thread those dudes on the other forums be having too
much info and they sometimes don't answer questions

Messed my phone up. It started, but after 1% it lost the uSB connection and went to the tri (actually 4) color screen. I ran the recovery, and replugged theUSB out and back in and it made it to 11 and did the same thing. Now whenever I turn the phone on I'm in tricolor screen mode and since I can't getinto my phone normal interface, I can't make the activesync connect back to try again.

got it, it worked better with the USB but no activesync connection. Now I can't find the wifi manager so I can get this into the DSL when I'm at thehouse. I got the notification and put in the Network key, but it's not picking it up I don't think and this doesn't have the same utility where igo to programs-settings-connections-wifi and find the available networks. Or I'm missing it. Is this blue beam new too instead of yellow greenish? But thistelenav is serious business!

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

got it, it worked better with the USB but no activesync connection. Now I can't find the wifi manager so I can get this into the DSL when I'm at the house. I got the notification and put in the Network key, but it's not picking it up I don't think and this doesn't have the same utility where i go to programs-settings-connections-wifi and find the available networks. Or I'm missing it. Is this blue beam new too instead of yellow greenish? But this telenav is serious business!

Did you get it work? and telenav installed wit da rom? If so ima have to test it out then

Originally Posted by Tonystarks2984

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

got it, it worked better with the USB but no activesync connection. Now I can't find the wifi manager so I can get this into the DSL when I'm at the house. I got the notification and put in the Network key, but it's not picking it up I don't think and this doesn't have the same utility where i go to programs-settings-connections-wifi and find the available networks. Or I'm missing it. Is this blue beam new too instead of yellow greenish? But this telenav is serious business!

Did you get it work? and telenav installed wit da rom? If so ima have to test it out then

Yea, got everything go. And yes, this telenav is essential. It talks you through your directions. I don't know if this is normal, but I have toreactivate my phone after the upgrade. The data and email functions still work fine though

installed it the same day it came out! Way much more stable than the unreleased ROM. GPS takes less than a minute. The other would take like 10 minutes to pickup satellites. For those debating whether or not to upgrade go for it. Much more a better memory management system also. If you do upgrade make sure yourROAMING settings are okay. If not give Sprint Tech Support a call and ask for a "HLR Reload" and that should put roaming back into your phone.
Any questions or probs hit me up.

I downloaded it but have yet to install, just haven't had time. Well, I had time for the last hour or so, but I forgot. @%!%.

I installed the official update a few weeks ago was very nice. I seem to have longer battery life now without the dam thing dying. I still cant wait to get theCurve. Windows Mobile is sssssoooooo slow.

Yo TonyStarks I need your help with this
laugh.gif

Also, I been had this problem like a couple of weeks ago, but I was afraid to ask you because you might think I'm greedy since you helped me out so muchalready.

Yo you know that other menu screen thing that you gave me that has the weather and time really big I think it is called the spb mobile shell or something. Wellit ran out now since the trial version is up or something and now it asks me to register and put in a code, but I don't know any codes and the one youinitially gave me I forgetten it.

Is there somewhere were I can go to get the code for it or something to have it working again or do you have one or should I just erase the program off of myphone now or something.

Please any help will be appreciated!

Damn this new ROM update sounds good too, but I will need help with that too. If it's not to much trouble I would appreciate that too.

does the rom need to be downloaded to your phone directly or the comp? also for the gps.. how do u access it? i have gps (well im paying for it) but i donteven see it as a button on my phone.

You have to have your phone sync'd with your computer to install the ROM. For GPS, download the Google Maps app.

FYI, Make sure you back up all your info before you install the ROM. Your phone has to do a hard reset for the ROM to install.

All the info you need is here. Read everything before youbegin.

^ thank you. back up info like my phone numbers? and texts or something? I have the htc plugin customizer. is it going to mess that up?

It made my Internet Explorer choke while scrolling down.

It's good but not that great.

I also lost my contacts. ActiveSync sucks.

Rev-A feels slightly faster but I think the phone can only go so fast with the browser

Back
Top Bottom