Anyone who purchases Jordans WAY too early, interesting read...

I swear I'm getting fired for giving up so much info.
I swear RockDeep, I am amazed sometimes how brave you are considering Nike is waaaaaaay harder on their employees than any fake seller/maker oreven factory thieves...But I thank you for being that brave voice on these boards....
This is why Nike arresting or sueing Barbershops and street sellers, isn't the answer. You can replace those people. Its the people making and distributing it from the factories that need to be stopped.
Yeah, and I hope I don't get whacked for saying so, but I am beginning to think that the only reason Nike doesn't work harder at exposingfakes is because they don't want to mess with organized crime...Or they are a part of it....
eyes.gif

I mean it would be nothing for them to run ads or commercials informing people to stay away from fakes....they just don't....
ohwell.gif

since there's two threads posting about pretty much the same thing, i'm gonna throw my two cents in this forum too. until mods hopefully combine thetwo threads!

Yes Air Randy provides us with great info and great pictures, nobody can deny that. but the way he obtains his shoes i find a bit shady. I mean, sure we can beappreciative for the information that we've been long seeking, but at the same time is it right of us to be accepting these pictures as if Air-Randy wasjust a good insider and was helping out us sneakerheads by hookin it up with pictures? or do we view him as a snake who basically steals his information andtakes away from the TRUE insiders that provide us with pictures and information that they have obtained without taking any illegal matters. it's a veryconfusing topic so i'm not gonna sit here and flame air-randy, because he does give us good information and pictures. but the information and pictures comewith a price knowing that they are obtained by illegal actions. interesting stuff....
smile.gif

I think somebody is going to be going to the Klink!
frown.gif

Jordan Legal is gonna arrest somebody.....
indifferent.gif

Wow....

I never dealt with any of those site but I know a lot of folks delt with 160. I just wonder whats really going on but it kinda opens my eyes. I have alwaystired to deal with retail stores and eastbay and I will continue that.

i only buy my shoes from fnl/eastbay so i know i'll be a-okay. buying shoes a month ahead of time for lots more money never really made sense to me.like someone already said, after seeing so many shoes from '07 hit outlets, its easier to just wait a few months and maybe even get them for cheaper.

I JUST HIT UP MARQUEE SOLE AND $500 FOR A PR OF CTK LBJ'S IS SICKING AND NO BOX I WAS BORN @ NIGHT BUT NOT LAST NIGHT!!! IF I REALLYWANTED A PR OF THOSE I CAN ASK COACH OLIVA FOR A PAIR NEXT TIME I HAVE A GAME @ CTK.

ANYONE BUYING KICKS WITHOUT THE ORIGINAL BOX SHOULD JUST SEND ME $50 AND I WILL SEND YOU A PR OF WAEVA YOU WANT!

interesting read... i have never bought from either site, didnt really plan onto either, but thanks for the heads up anyways, as long as the shoes areauthentic, no need to knock their hustles...

crazy all the information dropped in the thread but cant say that i wasnt aware of most of it already

Originally Posted by RockDeep

I swear I'm getting fired for giving up so much info.

heat as you know I wasn't implicating you at all, and you are stand up to admit you don't know everything that takes place with a place you may support or work for BUT... just understand, if the%!#@ ever hits the fan, they will implicate everyone connected.

Also, just to play devils advocate. These company owners may not be the people who actually LIFT the goods or get them illegally, BUT I know they have an idea, so Nike would need to get to the core, not really the store front.

This is why Nike arresting or sueing Barbershops and street sellers, isn't the answer. You can replace those people. Its the people making and distributing it from the factories that need to be stopped.

Plain and simple, but the guys with J.D.'s don't seem to follow that concept. Sometimes the simple street common sense doesn't translate to the Corporate Boardroom.

But I love Nike....so as long as the bottom line doesn't affect my checks.. Im good.

THERE YOU GO!

Air-Randy always had me wondering...

Besides, I aint got Air-Randy money these days either.

If the sites r sellin bootleg shoes or stealin the shoes from nike sooner or later they gone get caught, if its a hustle dat aint legit and they takin $ outtanike pockets its jus gone be over wit for Air-Randy Marquee Sole or who ever. I aint knockin but if it goes down it goes down and the ones that aint legit gonebe exposed.

i wonder if nike would even care about what randy is doing, in a way he is helping them, by providing us pics early, it provides hype for the shoe, in a wayrandy and marqueesole are marketing for nike, in reality majority of the ppl just look at pics from randy, they get pumped up and really go buy the shoes atthe store, long as the shoes are legit i could care less.

You gotta put some of the blame on those buyin all the marquee and Air-Randy kicks. If people stoped payin those prices there would be no problem. But I guessthats only in an ideal world where everyone can get every pair of shoes they want at box.

I can't really hate on those who do take advantage of consumers by charging that much for kicks early. I could have gotten XX2's very early at a localmall spot, and right before X-mas I was holding in my hand at a different one of those major mall retailers those AJF 12 fusions that I could have picked upabout 2 weeks early. (just 2 examples of many) If you simply get to know your local store mangers then you can get hooked up with kicks a couple weeks early.Some of them might charge you an exta $20 and others will be cool about it, but as long as there is a shoe game, then there will be hustle from the top of thechain all the way down to the bottom, just how its gona be.

The last sneaker I went out my way to get early and pay a od price for($180) was the white/black/red 2s,like a week early

I never really got caught up in the hype of getting shoes before release date unless i was able to get them at retail...even when i was in highschool i knewkids that would drop $100 on top of retail to get a pair a week or two before release date, Just to have everybody and there moms have the shoe the day afterrelease date. I personally dont wear my kicks until a couple months or even a year passes so im in no rush.

^^ I totally agree with what you said. I don't really like to wear shoes when they first come out because I know everybody will have them, I'd ratherwait a while then bust them out

as long as the shoes is authentic I dont care about them rippin Nike off, Nike has ripped off many of us and will continue to do it so I dont see why everybodylookin at air randy and marquee sole sideways. wow, they rippin off a multi million dollar company, who cares. Cant knock they hustle, Id do the same if Icould!

i look at people that cop they kicks early as fools...more power to you if you have the money for that, but whats the point?..alot of people i know, includingme. don't wear a new release till 6 months to a year or even more after they are released, so whats the point of getting them early?..a week before theaquas came out, i was in this store looking at what kicks came out and one of the sale dudes was trying to sell me the aquas' for $250!!! a week before therelease like i was some clown or something. if i ain't getting a deal or paying retail. im not gonna come out my pocket for that. gotta be crazy..i laughedat the guy. told him i'll wait a couple of days for them to drop. i got my playoff 8's a week early from my footlocker hook up for $100, i stillain't wear them yet..what kind of%%@!+-ness is that?..you wanna rock ya kicks before everyone else gets them so you can have *GUYS* on yourjock...lol....smh

I have read each post and of what i read - nobody is looking at the real problem.

Nike is the real problem and this is there consequences for outsourcing there work. You cannot in all honesty blame air-randy or marquess, if people are goingto continue to buy there shoes then they will stay in business. These companies are still alive and striving because idiots out there will pay 200% overgeneral prices to get some early heat.

What we need to do is blame Nike and the way that the shoes are made. In a country that they cannot control and the laws aren't like the ones we have here.My nephew bought his playoff 8's 1 week before they went on sale - from champs a big us retailer. The problem isn't with these small times like randyand marquess.

Some posts are complaining about pics - but cummon there are thousands of thread of people asking to see pics of the new J's or Brons. So why are you guyscomplaining about pics?

I mean I consider myself a newb at this shoe game being into it for only 2 years. This shoe game is a world I never knew existed like this - but damn with JBbusting out 300 colors of new*+%%*@@%% every year - i think to find the person who the joke really is on "look into a mirror"

Since another post already exists, it makes no sense to have a redundant, parallel thread here in this forum - so this thread will be locked. That said:

These company owners may not be the people who actually LIFT the goods or get them illegally, BUT I know they have an idea, so Nike would need to get to the core, not really the store front.

You're, of course, right in that it makes far more sense to go after the root cause than the street level "dealers," who arecompletely interchangeable, but I hope you recognize what the real root cause is here:

Nike's own labor strategies. The chickens are coming home to roost.

Back
Top Bottom