Anyone work/ever work at STARBUCKS? vol. mocha chocalata YA YA.

They're building a new Starbucks in front of my neighborhood and was looking to get a job there. I've read that they're a good place to workfor...but I'd rather get NTers' word (I mean...it is the best right?) How's the pay? Benefits? Does it suck? Thanks. Peace.

I used to work there for almost 2 years, I didn't have the benefits though. I liked it mainly cause I was on the Santa Monica Promenade and a lot of womenused to come in there so I used to get many chances to get action, and the other good thing was the weekly tips were always good. It used to be about 70-90bucks cash, but I think that really depends on the store, I think they are all run different. I enjoyed my time there, my biggest complaint though was smellinglike coffee after work

i had like 3 interviews with different ones in my area, they all went pretty good but I didn't get hired
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

I'm looking for a job this summer and ive kinda been overlooking starbucks, but if its a good place to work at maybe i wont..

i got a homie that works at the one in burbank. seems like a pretty chill job. i met most of the people he works with and they are all chill. it depends on theco-workers too.

i work at starbucks. whats good?

8.10$/hr plus tips my dude. like 20$/week

free drinks/hookups all the time.

30% off just about everything but you become tight with co-workers and they hook it up.

any other questions?

pimp.gif

Is it hard at all to learn how to make all them drinks? What about dealing with coffee fanatics that get heated if you don't get their crazy complex orderright?
laugh.gif

^^ my dude its easy. 1-2 weeks you are money. i got it all down around there. real talk. its not that hard to make those complex drinks.
we have a word for all those types of drinks.

-nonfat, decaf, sugar free etc... = a why bother.

theres a lot of drinks you wouldnt normally think about getting but they are good as hell.
theres almost like a hidden menu. but aye, be on the look out for the frappuccinos dude. they are 400+ calories.
its cool to drink them cause they are good but whip itself is 150 calories...

^^^ atljunkie you did part time or full time? weekly or biweekly pay? how much were you making at the end of the pay period?

Can i get a Iced Green Tea Latte with Soy Milk light on the ice, oh yeah Venti
pimp.gif

^^^ atljunkie you did part time or full time? weekly or biweekly pay? how much were you making at the end of the pay period?

i still work there. i get paid weekly dude. i am considered part time but i average out at 33hrs/week. my checks are about $400-550 it depends.
and i dont need the money. its just something to save up for future references. i average about 18-22$ for tips weekly. plus, theres a lot of ladies
that come through getting drinks. im always spitting game in drive thru and in cafe. once you know how to make the drinks your swag goes up..!

yea man, give it a try. ill tell you all right now that you do not have to be in love with coffee to get hired.

they wanna make sure you are customer orientated. not afraid to engage in conversation and definitely not afraid to learn.

just show a great amount of interest and happiness. show up in a tie if you can. suit isnt necessary but dress for success.

even when you come in to get an application come dressed nicely. show that you have career goals on the application.

on the interviews (when you go) do not be afraid. workers at starbucks are chill as heck. no need to be worried.

im in the process of becoming a shift leader and they make $10.50/hr and get like 25hrs/week.

any other questions?

so far everything being said my current ex-employees is obviously dependant on your area,co-workers,management.

my g/f currently works for the company and is pretty much in the middle of the "2-3 year breakdown" common in starbucks employees.

she pretty much hates it ahymore,which makes me sad because she really loved the job and I was proud of her when she got it.now the company continues to sreadlike herpes and pretty much tank the quality and everything it stood for at one point.

I hope the CEO that recently took back over starts to make the changes he had spoken about that made him comeback in a controlling role in the firstplace...but like any greedy *#* corp. I highly doubt it.

The benefits are great and depending on where and who you work with,I am sure it is fine as well.but just realize if you don't like fitting in amold,looking,acting a certain way,starbucks is not for you.and neither is corparate america

I was thinking about applying to this new one that just opened near my house, glad I checked this thread.

yeah, ive been working there for about 4 months
its super chill, decent money 8.40 an hour and 20-30 a week in tips
it takes a week or 2 to learn how to make all the drinks but after that its the easiest job ever and you get to meet a lot of peeps

my boy works at starbucks..and he thinks he's the Godfather or something..he swears Starbucks makes the world go around..He is like I dont pay for parkingbecause I hook the parking attendant up with Free Coffee..and I dont pay for food, because I just rock my starbucks shirt and they hook me up..then when theycome into Starbucks I return the favor...Half the time im ready to smack him..

My girl works at starbucks here in NYC she started out with 8.75 and now shes at 10.21 and she gets like 40$ a week on tips depending on how high the tips are.Yea they do get 30% on stuff and she always brings me cookies and i get FREE iced passion tea lemonades : )

Back
Top Bottom