Apartment shopping (things for living room)

This site was posted in the ''Bachelor Pad'' thread.  
http://www.canvaspop.com/

Great way to add your own original art to your living room.

*Oh, if you're gonna hang pictures/posters in your living room, please frame them.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by dbbabd

^^^ Prob about 2700-3500
alien.gif
..............i said the cheapest, like Ikea/flee market cheap.
laugh.gif

I heard they sell furniture at ross, I might go check that out. My budget for a 50+ inch flatscreen is about 600 if my friend can get me a samsung for that price. I can probably get a bed at ikea for mad cheap.....

you might be able to find some small tables, picture frames, rugs and things at Marshall's.

This site was posted in the ''Bachelor Pad'' thread.  
http://www.canvaspop.com/

Great way to add your own original art to your living room.

*Oh, if you're gonna hang pictures/posters in your living room, please frame them.

Originally Posted by dbbabd

^^^ Prob about 2700-3500
alien.gif
..............i said the cheapest, like Ikea/flee market cheap.
laugh.gif

I heard they sell furniture at ross, I might go check that out. My budget for a 50+ inch flatscreen is about 600 if my friend can get me a samsung for that price. I can probably get a bed at ikea for mad cheap.....

you might be able to find some small tables, picture frames, rugs and things at Marshall's.

I would like some ideas as well for cheap furniture.....I'm staying at my stepdad's place temporarily cause my place is looking mad spacious and vacuous.
laugh.gif

Ideas on where to get the following for cheap
-A 50+ inch flat screen...my boy who works at best buy might be able to get me one on employee discount..maybe a speaker if i can afford it.
-Couch, armchairs, center table, side tables
-A small dining table set...I'll prolly just use this to study on
-A king sized bed
-Area rug
-Framed wall paintings, posters/ random decorative pieces/lamps
-TV stand, book/DVD shelf

How much at the least is this going to run me?

Jus moved into my fist so crib so I think I could possibly be some help.... definitely check the bachelor pad thread too tho that thread was a great starting point for me.Tv- I know the Samsung your talking about, I even know the employee pricing and yea it should run u somewhere close to that 600 range u were talking bout.... I personally just passed and went with this 42in LG off amazon for 550 (its got 1080p which the Samsung didn't and its better for me if I decide to move since I drive a mustang 50in tvs don't fit inside AT ALL)As for couchs I would def say check some goodwill or garage sales in nice areas sometimes u can luck up n find a gem. I went with value city furniture which has been only okay this far they brought the wrong couch today so I gotta get that swapped out Wed.Bed, ur on ur own if u only tryna spend 900 total a king-size bed with matress and boxspring is gonna b hard as hell to find and when u do expect a lot of back probs in the futureRugs is check IKEA, Ross and tj maxx (the ones with a home goods section) plus goodwill again u should be able to find something. For framed art/ posters i personally would definitely check a tj maxx/ home goods i found a lot of good stuff in there for cheap. They had this nice framed hangover poster for 30 bucks also a pulp fiction joint for the same price. A cheap way to fill your Wallace fast is to jus get some clocks in every room I did an oversized antique looking joint for my living room and every other room has one according to theme def saved a lot of bread doing that and printing my own pics from my cam to put around my house (in frames of course)Hope i was some help

I would like some ideas as well for cheap furniture.....I'm staying at my stepdad's place temporarily cause my place is looking mad spacious and vacuous.
laugh.gif

-A 50+ inch flat screen...my boy who works at best buy might be able to get me one on employee discount..maybe a speaker if i can afford it.
-A king sized bed
-Area rug

Jus moved into my fist so crib so I think I could possibly be some help.... definitely check the bachelor pad thread too tho that thread was a great starting point for me.Tv- I know the Samsung your talking about, I even know the employee pricing and yea it should run u somewhere close to that 600 range u were talking bout.... I personally just passed and went with this 42in LG off amazon for 550 (its got 1080p which the Samsung didn't and its better for me if I decide to move since I drive a mustang 50in tvs don't fit inside AT ALL)As for couchs I would def say check some goodwill or garage sales in nice areas sometimes u can luck up n find a gem. I went with value city furniture which has been only okay this far they brought the wrong couch today so I gotta get that swapped out Wed.Bed, ur on ur own if u only tryna spend 900 total a king-size bed with matress and boxspring is gonna b hard as hell to find and when u do expect a lot of back probs in the futureRugs is check IKEA, Ross and tj maxx (the ones with a home goods section) plus goodwill again u should be able to find something. For framed art/ posters i personally would definitely check a tj maxx/ home goods i found a lot of good stuff in there for cheap. They had this nice framed hangover poster for 30 bucks also a pulp fiction joint for the same price. A cheap way to fill your Wallace fast is to jus get some clocks in every room I did an oversized antique looking joint for my living room and every other room has one according to theme def saved a lot of bread doing that and printing my own pics from my cam to put around my house (in frames of course)Hope i was some help

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

laugh.gif

-A king sized bed
-Area rug

Jus moved into my fist so crib so I think I could possibly be some help.... definitely check the bachelor pad thread too tho that thread was a great starting point for me. Tv- I know the Samsung your talking about, I even know the employee pricing and yea it should run u somewhere close to that 600 range u were talking bout.... I personally just passed and went with this 42in LG off amazon for 550 (its got 1080p which the Samsung didn't and its better for me if I decide to move since I drive a mustang 50in tvs don't fit inside AT ALL) As for couchs I would def say check some goodwill or garage sales in nice areas sometimes u can luck up n find a gem. I went with value city furniture which has been only okay this far they brought the wrong couch today so I gotta get that swapped out Wed. Bed, ur on ur own if u only tryna spend 900 total a king-size bed with matress and boxspring is gonna b hard as hell to find and when u do expect a lot of back probs in the future Rugs is check IKEA, Ross and tj maxx (the ones with a home goods section) plus goodwill again u should be able to find something. For framed art/ posters i personally would definitely check a tj maxx/ home goods i found a lot of good stuff in there for cheap. They had this nice framed hangover poster for 30 bucks also a pulp fiction joint for the same price. A cheap way to fill your Wallace fast is to jus get some clocks in every room I did an oversized antique looking joint for my living room and every other room has one according to theme def saved a lot of bread doing that and printing my own pics from my cam to put around my house (in frames of course) Hope i was some help

Thanks that helps a lot, yea I know Ikea beds aren't that comfortable but I'll manage. I could probably buy a really soft mattress cover to compensate for the lack of quality.

Hmm I never thought about buying a TV off Amazon, I'm gonna check right now.

Good looks.

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

laugh.gif

-A king sized bed
-Area rug

Jus moved into my fist so crib so I think I could possibly be some help.... definitely check the bachelor pad thread too tho that thread was a great starting point for me. Tv- I know the Samsung your talking about, I even know the employee pricing and yea it should run u somewhere close to that 600 range u were talking bout.... I personally just passed and went with this 42in LG off amazon for 550 (its got 1080p which the Samsung didn't and its better for me if I decide to move since I drive a mustang 50in tvs don't fit inside AT ALL) As for couchs I would def say check some goodwill or garage sales in nice areas sometimes u can luck up n find a gem. I went with value city furniture which has been only okay this far they brought the wrong couch today so I gotta get that swapped out Wed. Bed, ur on ur own if u only tryna spend 900 total a king-size bed with matress and boxspring is gonna b hard as hell to find and when u do expect a lot of back probs in the future Rugs is check IKEA, Ross and tj maxx (the ones with a home goods section) plus goodwill again u should be able to find something. For framed art/ posters i personally would definitely check a tj maxx/ home goods i found a lot of good stuff in there for cheap. They had this nice framed hangover poster for 30 bucks also a pulp fiction joint for the same price. A cheap way to fill your Wallace fast is to jus get some clocks in every room I did an oversized antique looking joint for my living room and every other room has one according to theme def saved a lot of bread doing that and printing my own pics from my cam to put around my house (in frames of course) Hope i was some help

Thanks that helps a lot, yea I know Ikea beds aren't that comfortable but I'll manage. I could probably buy a really soft mattress cover to compensate for the lack of quality.

Hmm I never thought about buying a TV off Amazon, I'm gonna check right now.

Good looks.

Back
Top Bottom