Apparently, they are trying to start an All-White Basketball League in Georgia

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Originally Posted by Im Not You

^^^ Oh you need help, ok. Im addressing what other people said about my comments earlier and making it clear.
Nobody really gave a !%+# about your rant on USA basketball. People clearly had something to say about the prejudice tone of your comments. Not about what you think of American basketball

^^^Prejudice tone? are you stupid? how the hell do you even recognize tone when theirs no sound. Prejudice? Because what? Your turning this into something else and you will defiantly get shut down immediately if your already that insecure to call me prejudice because I said the United States basketball is lacking fundamentals. I did however steer away from the topic and I'll even repent that so I'll just end it by saying this league in Georgia would be a mockery of what the United States stands for.
I thought you were an idiot before...but you sealed the deal with this one.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]tone[/h2]   /toʊn/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [tohn] Show IPA ,noun, verb, toned, ton⋅ing.
Use tone in a Sentence

See images of tone

Search tone on the Web
-noun [table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]any sound considered with reference to its quality, pitch, strength, source, etc.: shrill tones.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]quality or character of sound.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]3.[/td] [td]vocal sound; the sound made by vibrating muscular bands in the larynx.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]4.[/td] [td]a particular quality, way of sounding, modulation, or intonation of the voice as expressive of some meaning, feeling, spirit, etc.: a tone of command.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]5.[/td] [td]an accent peculiar to a person, people, locality, etc., or a characteristic mode of sounding words in speech.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]6.[/td] [td]stress of voice on a syllable of a word.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]7.[/td] [td]Linguistics. a musical pitch or movement in pitch serving to distinguish two words otherwise composed of the same sounds, as in Chinese.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]8.[/td] [td] Music. [table][tr][td]a.[/td] [td]a musical sound of definite pitch, consisting of several relatively simple constituents called partial tones, the lowest of which is called the fundamental tone and the others harmonics or overtones.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]b.[/td] [td]an interval equivalent to two semitones; a whole tone; a whole step.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]c.[/td] [td]any of the nine melodies or tunes to which Gregorian plainsong psalms are sung.[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]9.[/td] [td]a quality of color with reference to the degree of absorption or reflection of light; a tint or shade; value.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]10.[/td] [td]that distinctive quality by which colors differ from one another in addition to their differences indicated by chroma, tint, shade; a slight modification of a given color; hue: green with a yellowish tone.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]11.[/td] [td]Art. the prevailing effect of harmony of color and values.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]12.[/td] [td] Physiology. [table][tr][td]a.[/td] [td]the normal state of tension or responsiveness of the organs or tissues of the body.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]b.[/td] [td]that state of the body or of an organ in which all its functions are performed with healthy vigor.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]c.[/td] [td]normal sensitivity to stimulation.[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]13.[/td] [td]a normal healthy mental condition.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]14.[/td] [td]a particular mental state or disposition; spirit, character, or tenor.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]15.[/td] [td]a particular style or manner, as of writing or speech; mood: the macabre tone of Poe's stories.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]16.[/td] [td]prevailing character or style, as of manners, morals, or philosophical outlook: the liberal tone of the 1960's.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]17.[/td] [td]style, distinction, or elegance.[/td] [/tr][/table]

I'll let you read this and figure this out for yourself...

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

I'm just curious...

There are all black schools/sports. Why is this considered racist?
I mean, in my opinion, any single race event/group/faction is stupid, and only perpetuates the idea of racism and segregation, whether it's self-induced or oppressive.

Do away with this only black or only white crap.
indifferent.gif
, white people go to and play sports at blackschools. This leagues is not allowing other than whites play

Originally Posted by Im Not You

^^^ Oh you need help, ok. Im addressing what other people said about my comments earlier and making it clear.
Nobody really gave a !%+# about your rant on USA basketball. People clearly had something to say about the prejudice tone of your comments. Not about what you think of American basketball

^^^Prejudice tone? are you stupid? how the hell do you even recognize tone when theirs no sound. Prejudice? Because what? Your turning this into something else and you will defiantly get shut down immediately if your already that insecure to call me prejudice because I said the United States basketball is lacking fundamentals. I did however steer away from the topic and I'll even repent that so I'll just end it by saying this league in Georgia would be a mockery of what the United States stands for.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by vanexellent

Hard to make baskets with those little eye holes cut out of their klan hoods
laugh.gif
I couldn't quite formulate my thoughts fast enough, I knew someone would come up with the perfect mix of humor, intelligence, andaccuracy. Thanks man I needed that one bad
grin.gif

ImNotYou, your emotional so you just have to get over it. Its comical that I pissed you off enough to google the definition of tone and post it, becausewhether or not your right it doesn't matter. You don't know what my tone was and you can't prove what my tone was. You read what I said before andYOU decided to perceive "my tone" as prejudice because thats what YOU wanted to obtain from it. It was never prejudice and I'm not gonna sit herearguing with a dude who flaunts a picture of himself and his shapeup on a all male board. I'm out

ImNotYou, your emotional so you just have to get over it. Its comical that I pissed you off enough to google the definition of tone and post it, because whether or not your right it doesn't matter. You don't know what my tone was and you can't prove what my tone was. You read what I said before and YOU decided to perceive "my tone" as prejudice because thats what YOU wanted to obtain from it. It was never prejudice and I'm not gonna sit here arguing with a dude who flaunts a picture of himself and his shapeup on a all male board. I'm out
You right

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by red mpls

Originally Posted by red mpls

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Being the majority is what makes it different
That was the wrong thing to say.
Why because people don't want to hear the truth? That's exactly what makes this different from, say, an "all Chinese" league... the fact that Chinese people, or any other group besides whites, don't have a centuries-long history of genocide, enslavement and exploitation of non-white groups of people in this country.

On another note,
laugh.gif
at some of the jokes in this thread.
It's the wrong thing to say because of the implication that by being a minority, you have special privileges that shouldn't be accessible to the majority, which is not the case. An all white league would be just as bad as an all Black league or an all Asian basketball league. We shouldn't have tolerance for any organization that prohibits membership or participation based on race.

People are quick to point out HBCU's but I see that as a preservation of history and culture while allowing folks of different ethnicity the opportunity to join as well- it's completely different.
If you classify the ability of people of color to form their own sports leagues as a "special privilege," how do you classify the fact that, in 2010, employers are more likely to hire white ex-offenders than black folks with no criminal background?

In the face of this type of discrimination, it seems fairly inconsequential that black folks might be able to start an all-black basketball league.

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

im sure if there was an "all black league" everyone would be ok with it....just another example of double standards with the race card......this is the bigger problem...more so than racism....
roll.gif
You apparently have absolutely no concept of how the world works.

I think you might be missing my argument.

First off, we need a source for the quote in red.

Secondly, even IF that holds true, it doesn't justify the creation of an all white or an all black league. There's absolutely no sense in fighting discrimination with more discrimination. Starting an all Black League or an all Asian League in spite of White America's alleged workplace discrimination does nothing but segregate people even more.

So back to the original original statement, being the majority doesn't make the all white league any worse than it already is and being a minority doesn't give you the right to discriminate against other races either. It's all wrong.
http://opr.princeton.edu/research/person.asp?id=pager

Your conception of "discrimination" and concern with the possibility of such "discrimination" against the white majority is laughable.

So what if black folks wanted a basketball league to themselves? They were forced to do such things out of necessity for decades. Now the white man wants totell them that they can't anymore since the white man has decided to let black folks into his league (which the white man still owns and controls)?

As far as an all black league only serving to "segregate people even more," do you have any understanding of the historic and current housingpractices (public and private) in this country that have made segregation a pillar of life in many (if not all) American cities despite the Civil RightsMovement, up to the present day? If you were, I doubt that you would in any way concern yourself with the notion that an all-black basketball league would beresponsible for fostering any kind of significant racial "segregation."

Back
Top Bottom