Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
If you have a 7 or lower Xr is a solid upgrade. If you have a 7 Plus/8 plus/X don’t go anywhere near it

Yeah i am currently leading toward an Xr. Anything at this point is an upgrade over my iphone 6. And i honestly don't take that many pictures so like portrait mode with dual camera's vs only one camera isn't really a huge deal to me. The only hesitation i have is the screen resolution. Like i obviously would like looking at the best possible screen...but for an extra $250 for "darker blacks with the OLDE" like eh....not super worth it for me.

If you have a 7 or lower Xr is a solid upgrade. If you have a 7 Plus/8 plus/X don’t go anywhere near it

Yeah i am currently leading toward an Xr. Anything at this point is an upgrade over my iphone 6. And i honestly don't take that many pictures so like portrait mode with dual camera's vs only one camera isn't really a huge deal to me. The only hesitation i have is the screen resolution. Like i obviously would like looking at the best possible screen...but for an extra $250 for "darker blacks with the OLDE" like eh....not super worth it for me.

I think if I'm upgrading from my 6S it's not gonna be the XR. I assume this is the "iPhone C" equivalent?

I think if I'm upgrading from my 6S it's not gonna be the XR. I assume this is the "iPhone C" equivalent?
But thats the thing is that it isn't. The iphone 5C was a downgrade from the current gen phone while the Xr is the same exact specs to the XS except for the dual lens camera on the back (the Xs takes portrait mode using the second camera allowing you to do portrait mode on anything while the Xr is a digitally rendered portrait mode which only allows you to do it to people not objects or animals etc. .) and the display is different OLED vs Liquid retina. But the chip set is all identical in the phones and then the build is slightly different. The Xr is bigger then the Xs but smaller then the XS MAX. And the Xr has the plastic back not the Glass

my son who is 10yrs old is still on a 6s and due for an upgrade.
Hes been asking for that Red 8+ or the X.
The red Xr is going to be the perfect upgrade for him.

Is it currently only on Pre-Order?
When will i be able to purchase in store?

my son who is 10yrs old is still on a 6s and due for an upgrade.
Hes been asking for that Red 8+ or the X.
The red Xr is going to be the perfect upgrade for him.

Is it currently only on Pre-Order?
When will i be able to purchase in store?

Drops
In stores October 26th

But thats the thing is that it isn't. The iphone 5C was a downgrade from the current gen phone while the Xr is the same exact specs to the XS except for the dual lens camera on the back (the Xs takes portrait mode using the second camera allowing you to do portrait mode on anything while the Xr is a digitally rendered portrait mode which only allows you to do it to people not objects or animals etc. .) and the display is different OLED vs Liquid retina. But the chip set is all identical in the phones and then the build is slightly different. The Xr is bigger then the Xs but smaller then the XS MAX. And the Xr has the plastic back not the Glass

Plastic? In the photos look like a glass back

I haven’t seen any videos on it so you’re prob right

Rationalize it all you want.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the XR is aluminum body with a glass back.
It is I just watched a review video, had my thinking I was tripping out for a second

If I didn’t have an X would def be getting an Xr. Really good value

I was talking to someone today who has a plan where he pays $65 a month (for two lines) w/ unlimited talk/text, 15GB data

I don't believe it was a plan w/ a major carrier, but uses towers from major carriers and in the area works well for him

anyone have something like this?

Plastic? In the photos look like a glass back

I haven’t seen any videos on it so you’re prob right
You are right my bad just the colors threw me :lol:

But I really don't think im trying to convince myself im honestly thinking about it objectively. If it were worth it to drop $1k+ i would. But i don't know if its honestly worth it is all especially for my usage

I kind of disagree
IMO if you have anything lower than the 6s you should get the XR
My sisters 6s on iOS 12.0.1 is still holding up really well and competes with my wife’s 8

I just feel like im missing something when people say like the Xr isn't worth it....
Is the difference in screen really that big of a difference? $250 difference?? If it is to you i get it...but like for people to say "stay away from the Xr" i feel like im missing something

I just feel like im missing something when people say like the Xr isn't worth it....
Is the difference in screen really that big of a difference? $250 difference?? If it is to you i get it...but like for people to say "stay away from the Xr" i feel like im missing something

Average consumer isn't gonna care about the differences. It does phone things and it will do them well, and at a lower price point.

I can tell you right now this Max isn't worth what it's valued at. That alone invalidates the worth argument to me :lol:

I can tell you right now this Max isn't worth what it's valued at. That alone invalidates the worth argument to me :lol:

giphy.gif

Average consumer isn't gonna care about the differences. It does phone things and it will do them well, and at a lower price point.

Yup. Average consumer wouldn't know the difference between the xr and xs. I mostly browse nt, shop, pay my bills, and look at a lot of pron so an xr would be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom