Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
I have a 3rd party charger, my phone charged fine yesterday.

I am using the original lightning cable tho.

I suggest you don't buy any 3rd party chargers until they start making new ones. iOS 7 blocks unauthorized products such as chargers and they become useless
not true. my amazon ones charge fine, upload data fine, buy things from stores fine, transfers files fine. Its just cables, Apple using  the old Monster HDMI selling trick. Apple doesn't want to cover phones damaged by other cables, but how would they know unless you told them. 

Just letting y'all know what happened to me. The authorized apple lightning cables have a chip in them to authenticate it. I got the "this cable is not certified" message after it was charging for a few days after I downloaded ios7

DAMN.... Apple is just to smart when it come to marketing and sales.... How the hell do you not let people use aftermarket chargers. :rofl:

Apples used to be about simplicity, now people cant even add music to their phone? thats a shame...

What can be easier than drag and drop.

I recently bought a new ipod and i couldnt even load music to it. Kept telling me device was not authorized and i was over the limit of authorized devices or some ish...

Im so over Apple, Just recently sold my ipad too.

Not here to start a war or anything but....

Android FTW :smokin

No war, just TRUTH

Apple pre 2006> Apple now

Got to big for it's own good. Was better when it was a niche brand.

Just letting y'all know what happened to me. The authorized apple lightning cables have a chip in them to authenticate it. I got the "this cable is not certified" message after it was charging for a few days after I downloaded ios7
That has been in place since the 3gs to my knowledge. 

I got 6 6ft 30pin cables for 99 cents.

I tried to charge my phone with two of the cables and I kept getting that message.

So people just need to cop apple certified cables or highly rated cables.

Last edited:
When i worked warrant for AT&T it went by the first day used on the network, but we also didn't handle apples warranties

Now my 4s volume isnt working. It works half the time whenever it feels like.

My phone also wont turn off anymore. As soon as I power it off, it automatically turns on by itself.

And battery has suddenly become very noticeably trash. After a full charge phone from 7am it is currently at 16%. Havnt it used it outside of txting a handful of times.

Anybody have a solution for this, I set up an appointment with the genius bar tomorrow but im trying everything to avoid dealing with them bc I dont think they will give me a new phone. There is definitely no water damage.

I JUST got this replacement phone less than a month ago. 

Any help at all?

If you're jailbroken, try this. It worked for my 4s. If not, clean the lint and dust out of the charging port. They only give a new phone if you purchased the phone within the last year or you run into a nice person.

Last edited:

Now my 4s volume isnt working. It works half the time whenever it feels like.

My phone also wont turn off anymore. As soon as I power it off, it automatically turns on by itself.

And battery has suddenly become very noticeably trash. After a full charge phone from 7am it is currently at 16%. Havnt it used it outside of txting a handful of times.

Anybody have a solution for this, I set up an appointment with the genius bar tomorrow but im trying everything to avoid dealing with them bc I dont think they will give me a new phone. There is definitely no water damage.

I JUST got this replacement phone less than a month ago. 

Any help at all?
If you're jailbroken, try this. It worked for my 4s. If not, clean the lint and dust out of the charging port. They only give a new phone if you purchased the phone within the last year or you run into a nice person.
Thanks for your replay. But I was confused..what did you mean by 'this".

Its not jail broken and Ive tried cleaning the port all week.

Looking like my only hope is to get a nice person tomorrow :frown:

Last edited:
An apple employee told me that you'd get a 5s of the same capacity IF that they were the case. 

BUT they may have them.
For instance, I asked if apple still had replacements for the 3gs and he said yes.

Noo way I can believe they still have 3GS's. If you wanted a 3GS replacement wouldnt you have to keep renewing Apple care?

the screen on my 4s is flickering.. so annoying, looks like an old television with bad reception. not sure how it happened.. i usually take good care of my stuff. is this a common problem ?

An apple employee told me that you'd get a 5s of the same capacity IF that they were the case. 

BUT they may have them.
For instance, I asked if apple still had replacements for the 3gs and he said yes.

Noo way I can believe they still have 3GS's. If you wanted a 3GS replacement wouldnt you have to keep renewing Apple care?

you cant renew applecare :lol:

you would just pay out of pocket for a replacement

iYen is the only person that said that and i didnt believe it for a second because its not logical :lol:

you will get a refurb. they will have refurb 5's for a long time. they just fix the old ones that get turned in. they wont be producing anymore for RETAIL since they have enough issues pumping them out by the boat load.

If you still have an original iphone you can get a new replacement for a fee. look on macrumors for proof.

Definitely not the way to go. i called Pasadena and Glendale's Apple store. Nothing. Had to go to a Tmobile store by my house and pre-order. they'll ship to my house for free though. I was in vegas on Sat and every apple store in vegas was sold out of the 5s. :smh: :smh: :smh:
Don't believe what they tell you over the phone. I called Tuesday around 2pm and they told me they were sold out. Same day like two hours later I went to the mall (dadeland in Florida) and asked if they had any 64 gb, the lady said yes so I stood in line, got to the front and asked for a Verizon one and the guy in charge told me only att. Went back up to the lady and explained what happened and she ran to the back and got me a space grey one. A girl, a couple people in front of me got a champagne 64gb, it was the last one that day.
Getting lte on my att and tmobile sim, ready for whatever carrier when I travel overseas.

Last edited:

BUT they may have them.
I still have an exceptionally functioning 3gs, so it's not hard to believe that apple still has 3gs replacements.

Thanks for your replay. But I was confused..what did you mean by 'this".

Its not jail broken and Ive tried cleaning the port all week.

Looking like my only hope is to get a nice person tomorrow :frown:

My bad. There was supposed to be a link there.

you cant renew applecare :lol:

Doesn't make sense. Why can' t you just purchase another AppleCare subscription once the 2 years is up (even if it's the same phone)?

Then again, it doesn't make sense to repair an iphone after 2 years since there will be another new iphone to get.

you cant renew applecare
laugh.gif

Doesn't make sense. Why can' t you just purchase another AppleCare subscription once the 2 years is up (even if it's the same phone)?

Then again, it doesn't make sense to repair an iphone after 2 years since there will be another new iphone to get.
It's because they don't support it as much as the new iphones.

Anyone know the dimensions of the lock and background wallpapers?

It's so annoying that you can get a decent wallpaper on here

This. On IOS7 you cant scale it anymore.

You mean "scale and move?"

If so, that's not entirely accurate.

Yes, you can't scale and move the built-in Apple wallpapers (either dynamic or still wallpapers).

BUT, you CAN scale and move the wallpapers you take / create / download on your own. Try it.

and I didn't notice the new "parallax effect" / parallax wallpapers in iOS7 until now:

http://ios.wonderhowto.com/how-to/f...ign-design-perfect-iphone-background-0148750/

Last edited:
first post since we switched over :nerd:

anyways did anyone end up "pre ordering" from target? I did the day before it came out got put 4th in line of the list and they told me they would have them available mid day friday, then saturday, and since then they just don't know when its coming... Has any one actually got one from target?

Back
Top Bottom