Apple plans to crush carriers and offer direct mobile service, expert says (article)

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

what if apple ends their iphone "lease" with everyone and they become the sole provider of the phone?!
I'm pretty sure this is what they're aiming for.

Originally Posted by Jay02

Apple got ya.

how so
They make inferior products knowing it'll sell anyways and so they can come out with a "S" version a year later which is what the original should've been in the first place. Remember when the 4s was announced? People were HEATED. But low and behold, they still bought it.
what company doesn't make a product and release an improved version year after year? thats how they stay in business.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

what if apple ends their iphone "lease" with everyone and they become the sole provider of the phone?!
I'm pretty sure this is what they're aiming for.

Originally Posted by Jay02

Apple got ya.

how so
They make inferior products knowing it'll sell anyways and so they can come out with a "S" version a year later which is what the original should've been in the first place. Remember when the 4s was announced? People were HEATED. But low and behold, they still bought it.
inferior? why are you acting like 99% of androids arent cheap underspeced phones obviously your bias is too heavy for anyone to take you or your opinion seriously go back to the endgadget comments section plz

Originally Posted by Yeah

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by mholmes87

Android til I the death of me, but thanks though.

[h2]U.S. Department of Interior chooses Google over Microsoft[/h2]
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...ent_of_interior_chooses_google_over_micr.html
Apple can keep having fun with these consumer projects.

Google isn't going ANYWHERE for a very, very long time.

Spoiler [+]
Ice Cream Sandwiches > Apples
lol you are so oblivious. You post this little tidbit but you overlook ipad being the ONLY tablet being used in education and the primary tablet in enterprise settings.

If apple have there own service then the others
Will follow google , blackberry , but it will fail trust

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

All it takes is a SUPER aggressive move from Google and Apple is done.

laugh.gif

Comments like these kill me..

Actually I'm being serious. Google has the ability by just shutting down all their services to all apple devices. Lets see how good Apple products are without youtube, gmail, search and more. 

One hand washes the other fam'....

Google aint stupid enough to take away their products from Iphone users.... Do you know how many people have IPhones?
laugh.gif

whats up with people's obsession with apple/iphones? i dont get it

all these people say "ill def jump on this"...we dont even know much about it yet

I'm just waiting on that Apple gaming console.

It's only a matter of time.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

milestailsprowe wrote:

All it takes is a SUPER aggressive move from Google and Apple is done.

laugh.gif

Comments like these kill me..

Actually I'm being serious. Google has the ability by just shutting down all their services to all apple devices. Lets see how good Apple products are without youtube, gmail, search and more. 

Uhh you do realize that Google makes more money off their products on Apple than they do on their own phones right? Oh, you didn't?

Read this
http://www.iphoneincanada...than-its-android-phones/

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

oh, you mean this?

02_pippin.jpg

Released in 1995

That was through Bandia and was practially a Macintoch. I mean a proper Apple gaming console of the "i" generation.

They don't need to.  They already have a ton of people playing games on itouches, iphones, and ipads.  Mobile gaming is major now.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

inferior? why are you acting like 99% of androids arent cheap underspeced phones obviously your bias is too heavy for anyone to take you or your opinion seriously go back to the endgadget comments section plz
MJ, please don't talk about fanboy. You are the biggest Apple fanboy on this board, if I'm not mistaken
laugh.gif

And I am HARDLY an Android fanboy. Apple basically pays my bills, and I'm likely to get an iPhone 5 along with the Galaxy S3. I'm just telling it like it is.

The reason "99% of androids arent cheap underspeced phones" is because companies like Metro now have Android. Which I think is awesome, because Apple is so damn snobby.

oh, you mean this?

02_pippin.jpg

Released in 1995

That was through Bandia and was practially a Macintoch. I mean a proper Apple gaming console of the "i" generation.

Get an iPhone/iPad and Apple TV, use airplay mirroring. Done.

Originally Posted by shogun

They don't need to.  They already have a ton of people playing games on itouches, iphones, and ipads.  Mobile gaming is major now.

Exactly. Game Center is apple answer to a gaming platform.

Apple becoming a Mobile service provider is laughable. It won't happen.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Apple becoming a Mobile service provider is laughable. It won't happen.
Apple is a gigantic company sitting on a TON of money, but I tend to doubt this will happen as well.

People don't realize everything that setting up a wireless service entails. For example, Berkeley, CA just got it's first Verizon towers like last year because of airspace regulations of something.

Even if this happens, it is YEARS away.

You guys forget than Apple is a WORLDwide company. If they even attempted to do this, they would have to roll out the same changes to all countries that they currently offer the iPhone. Otherwise they'll end up with 2 versions of the same product, which does not fall in line with Apple's current strategy.

unless their prices are better than all other carriers i dont see how this works except for fanboys who will jump on it regardless just because its apple and even if its more expensive than Verizon
30t6p3b.gif

tmobile is the worst and they are a rip off
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

You guys forget than Apple is a WORLDwide company. If they even attempted to do this, they would have to roll out the same changes to all countries that they currently offer the iPhone. Otherwise they'll end up with 2 versions of the same product, which does not fall in line with Apple's current strategy.
and the way Jobs trashed AT&T
they'd have to roll out something better

oh, you mean this?

Released in 1995

Get an iPhone/iPad and Apple TV, use airplay mirroring. Done.

eyes.gif
 So I can play Cut the Rope on my TV? Whoopty Do.

so does that mean that in order to have an iphone you would have to get their service? i'm guessing no since they'll lose A LOT of customers but there has to be an incentive or why would anyone switch?

Back
Top Bottom