• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
worthless IMO

not sure why so many in this thread love to upgrade when half y'all making payments on it anyways :lol:

my girl got the pro, legit same as my X minus the camera.. even then I always say I'm gonna use the camera and never do.

if they don't do something drastic next year I'm gonna be pissed

For me there’s zero point in being on Apple’s upgrade program if you don’t upgrade every year. If I’m paying $54/month for the phone and AC+, it’s gonna be the latest phone.

And as far as payments go, I’ll never go back to outright paying for a phone. The hassle of selling it to recoup some money isn’t worth it for me. And I couldn’t care less about “owning” a phone since I’ll just buy a new one next year. It’s a depreciating asset, not an investment.

To keep it funky, a phone is an item that you SHOULD make payments on at this point (if you upgrade yearly). Now that carriers don’t offer subsidies, your two options are spend $1100+ outright or take advantage of a 0% interest loan. Keeping more money in my pocket wins every damn time.

So it makes sense to pay nearly 700 dollars a year to rent a phone?

well, if you keep it for two years you paid $1500+ for a phone thanks now worth $400

if you plan on upgrading every year or every other year upgrade programs are the way to go

Rent
$700 x 3 years = $2100 (new phone every year)

Own Option #1 - 3 years (1 phone for 3 years)
$1200 x 1 payment / 3 years = $400 a year

Own Option #2 - 3 years (1 phone for 2 years then purchase Swappa phone for 1 year)
$1200 x 1 payment / 2 years = $600 a year
Purchase $700 Swappa phone / 1 year = $700
2 Phones over 3 years = $1900
Bonus keep first phone for kids to watch movies.
Second bonus recycle previous kids phone for parents to use and charge them $30 a month for family plan. Get $60 a month towards your phone bill plus no monthly phone payments. :lol:

Last edited:
So it makes sense to pay nearly 700 dollars a year to rent a phone?

Rent. Own. Whatever.

The bottom line is what matters. It's damn near a wash between using a yearly upgrade program or buying outright and selling your old phone when you get the new one. What tips the scales in favor of the programs for me is there's zero potential to get scammed when selling.

Rent
$700 x 3 years = $2100 (new phone every year)

Own Option #1 - 3 years (1 phone for 3 years)
$1200 x 1 payment / 3 years = $400 a year

Own Option #2 - 3 years (1 phone for 2 years then purchase Swappa phone for 1 year)
$1200 x 1 payment / 2 years = $600 a year
Purchase $700 Swappa phone / 1 year = $700
2 Phones over 3 years = $1900
Bonus keep first phone for kids to watch movies.
Second bonus recycle previous kids phone for parents to use and charge them $30 a month for family plan. Get $60 a month towards your phone bill plus no monthly phone payments. :lol:

Glad that works for you, but I don't want to use the same phone for 2 or 3 years. :lol: :lol:

Rent. Own. Whatever.

The bottom line is what matters. It's damn near a wash between using a yearly upgrade program or buying outright and selling your old phone when you get the new one. What tips the scales in favor of the programs for me is there's zero potential to get scammed when selling.

Glad that works for you, but I don't want to use the same phone for 2 or 3 years. :lol: :lol:

If you had the X before the Pro/11 you basically have been using the same phone for 2-3 years. ??‍♂️

Rent. Own. Whatever.

Yeah I get it. I’m on a X right now. The XS model last year was so similar so I don’t feel like I missed anything. I’m getting the itch now however but only for the XS Max ($700 on Swappa) because of the big screen. I wouldn’t get a 11 for the sake of it. iOS updates every year essentially gives me that new phone feeling. Especially when buying a new case.

I know the 11 doesn’t have 5G, I’m in Dallas and my 11 pro states 5G from time to time. Anyone else have that?

Rent. Own. Whatever.

u either get scammed selling ur phone or u get scammed by apple

cmon b, get u a musket and stop the scamming

the 11 pro max 256 is just under $1400 after tax and the 512 is just over $1500 after tax. and that’s without any insurance on it

where is my math wrong?
u didnt adjust da monthly payment option
well, if you keep it for two years you paid $1500+ for a phone thanks now worth $400

if you plan on upgrading every year or every other year upgrade programs are the way to go
a two year old phone is not 400 b

I get the 5Ge sometimes as well, had me excited until I realized my city won’t get 5G for a long time

I get the price and expense banter so Imma sit back and chill.... since my workplace covers the cost of my phone bill

I did a week sans case and the iPhone 11 Pro felt slicker (slippery) so I just picked up the apple leather case.
Added thickness isn’t that bad but def feels more grippy.

Ever since the subsidies turned into financing (same thing in the end), and greed increased the update cycle with incremental upgrades, I've been over having the newest phone. Incremental upgrades are so whack. That is what made Jobs the man, he didn't stand for it.

My work covers my bill, and I don't have no dam monthly for no phone lol. But to each his/her own. I know people that gotta have the incremental upgrades.

Rent. Own. Whatever.

Shoot i dont even wanna use the same phone for more than a year

Shoot i dont even wanna use the same phone for more than a year

Same. :lol:

Back when TMO didn't carry the iPhone I had a different phone every 4-5 months. Blackberrys, Windows Phone, Nexus/Android joints...had them all. That's probably where my yearly upgrade itch comes from. :lol:

Reactions: Ube
Back
Top Bottom