Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Alright , I think it’s time for an update coming from the 8 plus .
What would you guys recommend?
12 pro or 12 pro max ? I’m looking for better camera feature btw .

I’m on a road trip right now and used Apple Maps to get to my hotel on a 6 hour drive that was relatively complex. When I got here, I decided to compare my route to Google Maps and found that Google would’ve given me a MUCH simpler route. I decided to check other places like Target, gas stations, etc. and saw the same result. There was even one point that I was using Apple Maps to look at my route home and decided to search a gas station I will literally be driving past to go home and Apple Maps gave me some weird route to go to that gas station whereas Google gave me the same route as if I’m going home. I’m pretty confused. Does anybody know what type of algorithm Apple uses?

Here is an example:
1584FB35-0D43-46FD-9DBB-477BB4740376.jpeg

This is my route going home. I marked the town with the gas station with an X. Keep in mind this route will require me to turn right at Susanville, very important.

9973ECCE-DFD0-45F1-8607-E44BF41BA7F0.png
As you can see, I will literally be driving past the gas station in question.

279791E3-7304-4707-AA69-DF3B4C64EE36.png

Here are the routes Maps is giving me to go to Mobil. As you can see, these routes are completely different than the one to go home even though they’re both going in the exact same direction. Turning right at Susanville isn’t even an option here. My route is go home is also pretty straight shot. My routes to go to Mobil are requiring me to circle around

Can somebody explain this to me? Thanks.

Last edited:
I’m on a road trip right now and used Apple Maps to get to my hotel on a 6 hour drive that was relatively complex. When I got here, I decided to compare my route to Google Maps and found that Google would’ve given me a MUCH simpler route. I decided to check other places like Target, gas stations, etc. and saw the same result. There was even one point that I was using Apple Maps to look at my route home and decided to search a gas station I will literally be driving past to go home and Apple Maps gave me some weird route to go to that gas station whereas Google gave me the same route as if I’m going home. I’m pretty confused. Does anybody know what type of algorithm Apple uses?

Here is an example:

This is my route going home. I marked the town with the gas station with an X. Keep in mind this route will require me to turn right at Susanville, very important.

Here are the routes Maps is giving me to go to Mobil. As you can see, these routes are completely different than the one to go home even though they’re both going in the exact same direction. Turning right at Susanville isn’t even an option here. My route is go home is also pretty straight shot. My routes to go to Mobil are requiring me to circle around

Realized a long time ago, Apple Maps is trash and rather incorrect

Here is an example:

No explanation fam. Google maps just superior in every way. Apple Maps algorithm is the "right near there somewhere" equation. It has gotten me lost so many times bringing me to the back side of businesses.

So glad apple CarPlay allows google maps on the cards now.

Oh yea these are 🔥

these hit lows before i never heard on a headphone

people say they heavy i dont think so mad comfortable

Keepers
476AEF38-4CA5-427D-AE65-A1A2A1CE91E7.jpeg
Do you know if there is any latency issues since it’s wireless?? Or would that only be a Midi issue since more info relay??

Ok, so I’m strongly considering getting the iPhone 12 Pro Max in the 512 Gigs. Is it worth getting from a iPhone 10S max? Verizon is offering $710 on my 10s max. Is the 12 really that good?

Ok, so I’m strongly considering getting the iPhone 12 Pro Max in the 512 Gigs. Is it worth getting from a iPhone 10S max? Verizon is offering $710 on my 10s max. Is the 12 really that good?

That's the model I currently have and love it. I'm good with my 12PM for a couple of years.

WOW! VERIZON GAVE ME CHUMP CHANGE FOR MY XS MAX.:smh:

i got the 12PM 512 came from a regular X big camera upgrade is really the only difference i can see im sticking with the 12PM for the forseeable future dont know when the next time im going to upgrade.

i got the 12PM 512 came from a regular X big camera upgrade is really the only difference i can see im sticking with the 12PM for the forseeable future dont know when the next time im going to upgrade.
Do you think it’s worth the upgrade?

Do you think it’s worth the upgrade?

yea i believe the night photos alone is worth it. So if you want a camera upgrade i say go for it but there is really no difference to me coming from a X to a 12MP in my opinion these phones have hit a plateau and foldables is the foreseeable future

I lost my Right airpod pro earbud today smh. I have the left and case.

def don’t wanna buy a new pair + case. Any hacks?
I’d buy a Right earbud, or buy a fufu if it works the same and works with the charger etc

Sold my iMac - Transitioning to multiple Macbooks on a dock connected to a monitor and USB C Hub for desktop/office use - Will Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse be of use?
I want it to be as seamless as possible - wife and I plug in our laptops to the dock with the USB C Hub connecting everything - Monitor etc - once plugged in the keyboard/mouse recognize which laptop is connected and no other steps.

I've read that this is not feasible with the Apple Magic Keyboard and Mouse and I'll have to pair it each time - is that correct? What are the next best options?

Sold my iMac - Transitioning to multiple Macbooks on a dock connected to a monitor and USB C Hub for desktop/office use - Will Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse be of use?
I want it to be as seamless as possible - wife and I plug in our laptops to the dock with the USB C Hub connecting everything - Monitor etc - once plugged in the keyboard/mouse recognize which laptop is connected and no other steps.

I've read that this is not feasible with the Apple Magic Keyboard and Mouse and I'll have to pair it each time - is that correct? What are the next best options?
Yeah they connect to a laptop via Bluetooth.

unless u have it connected to both on bluetooth but if yallhave both macbooks near the keyboard and mouse it might bewonky

Yeah they connect to a laptop via Bluetooth.

unless u have it connected to both on bluetooth but if yallhave both macbooks near the keyboard and mouse it might bewonky

Thanks. So since they use Bluetooth and not a USB toggle there’s no way to have both set up and when plugged in to work? Probably have to manually connect/disconnect everytime?

probably will look into another option then.

They will both work when either laptop is near
Would there be a situation where both laptops are near the keyboard and mouse at the same time?

with the screen being so strong and me not caring about scratches, makes me wish they would make something to make the back glass stronger. im more worried about the back cracking

Screen being strong my ***. I dropped my 12PM the other day and the corner is ****ed. Small hairline crack from that corner going diagnal to the middle left also.

They will both work when either laptop is near
Would there be a situation where both laptops are near the keyboard and mouse at the same time?

yeah. Both MacBooks are in the same house lol. Going to this setup cause we didn’t use out 27in iMac much so setting up a monitor for the times we wanna use a desktop space.

I lost my Right airpod pro earbud today smh. I have the left and case.

def don’t wanna buy a new pair + case. Any hacks?
I’d buy a Right earbud, or buy a fufu if it works the same and works with the charger etc

I THINK YOU CAN BUY THE 1 POD FROM APPLE, CHECK THEIR SITE.

Back
Top Bottom