Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Never do the carrier trade-ins unless you're sure you want to be roped into bill credits and one carrier for 2-3 years. Bill credits are the new contracts.

Buy outright, trade in directly with Apple in-store for minimal hassle, rinse & repeat. The upfront cost is high, but once you get in that cycle you're only coming out of pocket $700-$800/year for something you use for hours daily. It's worth it.

Never do the carrier trade-ins unless you're sure you want to be roped into bill credits and one carrier for 2-3 years. Bill credits are the new contracts.

Buy outright, trade in directly with Apple in-store for minimal hassle, rinse & repeat. The upfront cost is high, but once you get in that cycle you're only coming out of pocket $700-$800/year for something you use for hours daily. It's worth it.
I’m grandfathered in TMo old unlimited everything plan so I’m never leaving :lol: bill credits dont bother me. It’s why they give us the worst deals. The OG TMobile peeps know :smh:

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 4.11.45 PM.png

Scam central

- Just copped a leather band before they dry up.

- No more gold body Pro Max and I have 500+ GB of free space... I'm good until they bring it back.

Holler.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..... the natural Titanium might work. My series 7 gold watch is not as yellow gold as my iPhone 14 Pro Max.

We'll see if I am feeling froggy on Friday... I have next-up so the expense is negligible.

My 1TB 14 PM is pretty damn heavy, I could really go for a lighter phone frfr... I'll also be able to charge my phone and iPad pro on the same USB-C charger by the bed.

exactly i reccomend everyone of my friends/fam to buy directly from apple and i dont shame if u wanna pay in payments apple gives u zero interest payments and there are no silly contingencies or added fees to ur bill

I personally don't mind going through ATT. Been with them for years and grandfathered to my unlimited plan. It's easier for me.

the service/plan isn’t the issue it’s just the carrier “locking you” in to the payments process for the 3years

Rather just pay outright from Apple and sell old phone myself to get the most I can for it, push come to shove in the end trade in to Apple just do the 24 patents. And with them u can pay off early no penalties

Company pays my monthly, so it's just the initial cost of the swap for me... $300 give or take some change...

Still torn... I'd be pissed if they released an actual gold body later on.

1694557563047.png

Last edited:

This.
I’m currently in year 2 of 3 with my 13PM with the AT&T trade in credits. My phone has been A1 so far, battery capacity is at 95% but those 3 years seem like forever. I was used to switching phones before the 2 years.

Easy pass if you have the 14

This is true unless you're paying for AT&T upgrade service where you're eligible to upgrade when 50% of your phone is paid off. I have a line eligible that I'm going to take advantage of and then drop the upgrade service to sit tight for a few years.

Isnt it cause the EU mandated usb-c’s? In any cause I could care less, I was fine with the regular lightning port. Less wires to carry but whatever lol.

That's exactly why. The mandate doesn't start until 2025. Apple could've waited to do it for the 16 but did it a phone cycle early.

Do people really care about this carbon stuff that it would sway them from not buying apple products. Who’s tracking how much each device product is putting out these carbon emissions?

I honestly have no idea about all this carbon stuff and new materials. I hear it but if I like products I just buy them.

If Apple really cared they wouldn't be releasing new phones, watches etc every year. They don't care.

And the phones are at a point they should drop every other year.

Yeah looks like I'll be good with my Ultra watch for a few years. Can't really seeing them adding much to this joint yearly to warrant an upgrade. Probably grab a new Ocean band tho in one of the new colors.

Ultra 2 don’t seem like that much of a difference

I still want the Ultra. But the 1 is enough for everyone. The additions to the Ultra 2 are minimal. You're literally wasting money.

Might swoop the ultra 1 if it’s discounted enough. I got the series 8 last year when I should’ve just got the ultra instead.

Exactly what I'm waiting for.

This is my first Apple event and it is TRASH. Bunch of old folks trying to look young and giving information that I don’t care about.

Sounds about right. I actually expected more random celebrites to pop-up throughout the keynote.

What filmmakers are using iPhones to make movies? Most of them are trying to get fair wages.

Most content creators (********, Fansly) use their phones as the main camera. :lol:

Telephoto is only on the max? Welp, I know what I'm getting.

That's been reported and confirmed for a few months now.

these colors suck

Terrible. I love the purple from the 14 Pro series so much. If they had brought that back again the 15 would be a no question purchase.

So camera system is basically the same sans the diff focal lengths and particularly the zoom?

Pretty much.

iPhone 14 pro models removed from Apple site. They know it is the better buy after this announcement but took away the option direct.

They've been doing this for a few years now. If you want the previous model you have to do it in-store and even then that's a toss up if it'll be available. Last year, at least here, it was tough to find the 13 Pro series in an Apple store after the 14 announcement.

Easy pass if you have the 14

Pretty much.

Yup. Or sell your current phone via other platforms, and use that money towards your new phone. As long as it's not damaged you'll get a better return value vs. the Apple trade-in price.

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 4.11.45 PM.png

Scam central

Damn, my 12 Pro. :smh:

Better off just buying it upfront for the full price

I've never done contracts, never will. Rather just buy full price OR if I had to I'd do the Apple finance program.

exactly i reccomend everyone of my friends/fam to buy directly from apple and i dont shame if u wanna pay in payments apple gives u zero interest payments and there are no silly contingencies or added fees to ur bill

Nothing wrong with monthly payments. The average person trying to get premium phones should probably do that and use the rest of the money towards other priorities.

I’ll upgrade from my 12 pro to the 15 pro. Even though I really don’t have to.

I'll wait to see how things go into the new year. If they had brought the purple back I would've got. My 12 Pro battery health is at 81% :smh: and it's almost at full capacity storage (256GB). Aside from that I have no real issues with the phone. I do a lot of file transfers from phone to phone, phone to Mac, and phone to my iExpand Flash Drive so USB-C would be refreshing to have.

I'll wait to see the phone in person and feel it. I have to buy my new Macbook at the end of the month so I'll check out the phones then.

Back
Top Bottom