• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Pre orders are dumb

all my friends do pre orders and never get the phone release day always week or so after

Just go wait in line im pretty sure you have waited in line for shoes before

So I just got off the phone with my nearest ATT.

Dude was trying to tell me that if I preorder through them on Friday I won't get the phone for 2-3 weeks. Only way to get it on the 19th is to show up and wait in line. Does this sound right? What's the point of preordering if I don't get the phone until two weeks after release. :smh:
Depends. If ur don't preorder right away they can be back ordered and you won't get your phone for weeks later

Dude was trying to tell me that if I preorder through them on Friday I won't get the phone for 2-3 weeks. Only way to get it on the 19th is to show up and wait in line. Does this sound right? What's the point of preordering if I don't get the phone until two weeks after release.
mean.gif
the point of the pre-order is you get the phone and you don't have to wait in line.  I am not sure though why the delay with ATT.  Personally its way easier to pre-order for me then anything else.  When i get the phone isn't the worry its if

Good thing I have this Jump feature on T Mobile

don't have to worry about trade ins/selling my 5S

smokin.gif
But you're also paying $10/month just to have that option.  
laugh.gif

This is proof marketing works lol.   

Yesterday dudes were saying it wasn't a great deal. Now I'm tempted again..
Don't see how it could be bad. You pay for the phone over time (which you'd pay anyway). You aren't being charges extra plus get a yearly upgrade.

Where's the down side?
laugh.gif
you are paying every single month for a phone and its never ending especially if you upgrade everytime
laugh.gif

id say thats the bad side
But you're still paying the same price for the phone in the end.  And that is what counts:  the bottom line.  

I've always paid mine off early by selling my old phone, and I've always come out ahead when dealing with iPhones.  My Nexus 4?  Not so much.  
laugh.gif

Guys the subsidized fee is still buried in your bill.

The example in the article was:
Let's do the math: AT&T says that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will have a monthly installment fee of $32, on top of your existing AT&T service fees, which already include a device subsidy. The exact amount of that subsidy is unknown — AT&T declined to comment when I asked — but most industry estimates have put it at something like $20 per month. That's how you can get a GS4 for $199 with a new two-year contract, even though it costs $620 at retail: after two years, AT&T will have collected $680 in total device payments from you, and you get to keep the phone.

But the balance tips entirely towards AT&T with Next. Assuming that same $20 subsidy, after 12 months of Next you will have paid AT&T $384 in Next monthly installments and $240 in device subsidies, for a grand total of $620. Again, that's exactly the full retail cost of an unlocked Galaxy S4 — but you don't get to keep that phone, even though you just paid full price for it. You have to trade it in to get a new phone — effectively giving AT&T a free GS4 to refurbish and resell to its next unwitting customer.

Now, you do get to keep your Next phone if you pay 20 monthly installments, which will cost you a whopping $1,040 if you assume a $20 subsidy: $640 in Next payments, plus $400 in subsidies built into your AT&T plan. That's $420 in pure profit for AT&T, which just made you pay full price for a phone while charging you inflated service prices that include a subsidy specifically designed to lower the upfront cost of that phone.
And that is precisely why I don't fool with any of these early upgrade programs.  You're paying for the convenience of hassle free upgrading.  I'd rather do a little work and sell my old phone on my own and pocket some $$.  

All I use is the 0% interest loan from T-Mobile's EIP.  It's a no-brainer for me.  

For those planning on doing the trade in with verizon, are u planning on getting the basic iphone 6 or going to use the gift certificate toward your bill?

So whats the catch for AT&T next

I prob wont bite on it cus im not tryin to lose my unlimited everything. But it sounds nice

It's doesn't say you will lose your uninvited data. But go in store and do it. And review your new plan on paper and don't sign if they remove your unlimited data. Every time I go into att they try to recommend I change my data to make my bill cheaper but I'm don't changing.

Heads up to the guys that don't want to use the next program, if you have one of the new shared family plans, you currently pay $15.00 a month per smartphone. If you do a normal 2 year upgrade instead of the next program, you will pay $40 a month per smartphone on your plan. Guy at the AT&T store told me. Smh

How much will the iPhone 6 be if I want to do a framily plan with somebody else? Am I better off just getting that $70 plan?

Dude was trying to tell me that if I preorder through them on Friday I won't get the phone for 2-3 weeks. Only way to get it on the 19th is to show up and wait in line. Does this sound right? What's the point of preordering if I don't get the phone until two weeks after release. :smh:

Sounds about right. I remember ordering the 4s from att. I preorder on day 1 got it 30 days later and it wasn't programmed correctly. Apple store is the best you get it day of release when you preorder. They allocate the most to their stores and online stock. They plan on having enough to fulfill day one walk ups.

Att had some in store during that time period but since I preordered I couldn't buy one. Stupid.

Last edited:
Need to see what Tmobile wants for the down payments already.
http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news/apple-devices.htm
[table][tr][td]Model[/td][td]Up Front[/td][td]Monthly Payment[/td][td]Payment Term[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]iPhone 6 16GB[/td][td]$0[/td][td]$27.08[/td][td]24 months[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]iPhone 6 64GB[/td][td]$99.99[/td][td]$27.08[/td][td]24 months[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]iPhone 6 128GB[/td][td]$199.99[/td][td]$27.08[/td][td]24 months[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]iPhone 6 Plus 16GB[/td][td]$0[/td][td]$31.24[/td][td]24 months[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]iPhone 6 Plus 64GB[/td][td]$99.99[/td][td]$31.25[/td][td]24 months[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]iPhone 6 Plus 128GB[/td][td]$199.99[/td][td]$31.25[/td][td]24 months[/td][/tr][/table]

Good thing I have this Jump feature on T Mobile

don't have to worry about trade ins/selling my 5S

smokin.gif
But you're also paying $10/month just to have that option.  
laugh.gif

This is proof marketing works lol.   

Yesterday dudes were saying it wasn't a great deal. Now I'm tempted again..

Don't see how it could be bad. You pay for the phone over time (which you'd pay anyway). You aren't being charges extra plus get a yearly upgrade.

Where's the down side?
laugh.gif

you are paying every single month for a phone and its never ending especially if you upgrade everytime
laugh.gif

id say thats the bad side
But you're still paying the same price for the phone in the end.  And that is what counts:  the bottom line.  

I've always paid mine off early by selling my old phone, and I've always come out ahead when dealing with iPhones.  My Nexus 4?  Not so much.  
laugh.gif

I also have a corporate discount with each cell phone provider. Paying $60 a month for unlimited everything, a phone, and a option to upgrade whenever? Having a career definitely proves marketing works
laugh.gif
But you also need to have at least half of the full cost of the phone paid off.  And if not, you're coming out of pocket to cover the difference, right?  

So you're paying $10 extra per month to have the privilege of paying at least half of the full price cost of a device whenever you want to upgrade.

But hey, you can upgrade whenever, right?  
laugh.gif

Fact remains that these early upgrade programs are pure moneymakers for carriers, regardless of your corporate discount (which a lot of folks have, myself included).  

Sounds about right. I remember ordering the 4s from att. I preorder on day 1 got it 30 days later and it wasn't programmed correctly. Apple store is the best you get it day of release when you preorder. They allocate the most to their stores and online stock. They plan on having enough to fulfill day one walk ups.

I swear people need to just do this. Go to the Apple store after work or close to closing. I guarantee you will get the phone you want. There is literally no point in lining up for this thing. I even heard someone in NY Apple store has been lined up since last week. I am sure it's just a gimmick to be interviewed or whatever but I will get the phone the same day he gets it without the hassle.

I had this very spigen series on my 4, would not recommend it. Paid $25 + Shipping. Yes, it will work as intended for a couple of months, but the first thing to go like what quise2024 said the rubber/silicone starts stretching out until it's just too loose. Afterwards when you struggle to keep the rubber in check, the frame part which is cheap *** plastic will break and it's always the bottom area which will crack first. Crazy glue can solve the crack temporarily, but it will not last and another area will just crack again on the bottom. So I learned my lesson with these hybrid or soft rubber/silicone cases.
sick.gif
Sticking with leather or thin hard shell.
This is what I figured would happen with the hybrid case

[table][tr][td]Model[/td][td]Up Front[/td][td]Monthly Payment[/td][td]Payment Term[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]iPhone 6 16GB[/td][td]$0[/td][td]$27.08[/td][td]24 months[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]iPhone 6 64GB[/td][td]$99.99[/td][td]$27.08[/td][td]24 months[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]iPhone 6 128GB[/td][td]$199.99[/td][td]$27.08[/td][td]24 months[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]iPhone 6 Plus 16GB[/td][td]$0[/td][td]$31.24[/td][td]24 months[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]iPhone 6 Plus 64GB[/td][td]$99.99[/td][td]$31.25[/td][td]24 months[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]iPhone 6 Plus 128GB[/td][td]$199.99[/td][td]$31.25[/td][td]24 months[/td][/tr][/table]
is this for upgrades or new customers? I know I have A1 credit, if this is the case I`m gonna do the 128gb, if the 6s plus is legit pay off balance in full with my 5S money and flip the 6plus.

Pre orders are dumb

all my friends do pre orders and never get the phone release day always week or so after

Just go wait in line im pretty sure you have waited in line for shoes before
Not necessarily dumb, but preordering doesn't guarantee the phone at your door on RD which is why most people do it in the first place. When the 5 dropped, I remember a good amount of orders made after 9am going to backorder and a bunch of pissed off people were on here salty that they couldn't cancel and pickup from the store. Apple seems to do better than carriers, they tend to go to backorder quicker. Either way, if you must have it, tell you boss you'll be in late and go get it in person.

is this for upgrades or new customers? I know I have A1 credit, if this is the case I`m gonna do the 128gb, if the 6s plus is legit pay off balance in full with my 5S money and flip the 6plus.
Same prices for everyone.  But depending on your credit, you may not be eligible for these up front prices.  You say you have good credit though, so you should be good.  

But you also need to have at least half of the full cost of the phone paid off.  And if not, you're coming out of pocket to cover the difference, right?  

So you're paying $10 extra per month to have the privilege of paying at least half of the full price cost of a device whenever you want to upgrade.

But hey, you can upgrade whenever, right?  :lol:  

Fact remains that these early upgrade programs are pure moneymakers for carriers, regardless of your corporate discount (which a lot of folks have, myself included).  
yes I pay $60 instead of $50 to have the privilege of paying $400 instead of $800 and getting a new phone without paying ETF or early upgrade fee.

What a terrible scam.

yes I pay $60 instead of $50 to have the privilege of paying $400 instead of $800 and getting a new phone without paying ETF or early upgrade fee.

What a terrible scam.
People don't realize that insurance is included in those $10.....which is huge

Reactions: ct3

Same prices for everyone.  But depending on your credit, you may not be eligible for these up front prices.  You say you have good credit though, so you should be good.
i`m eligible for up to 8 lines (have two now) and 5 internet devices so I assume I have good credit by their standards, I mean I have a car and house in my name so it cant be that bad lolol.

F it ... ill pay my usual upgrade fee. I know whats included in that i dnt have time for that next stuff to go determine if im winning or losing.

Dont think im due for upgrade til middle of this month anyway

Back
Top Bottom