Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
What about what I said isn't true?  There are poor people, who, if not for cell phones would not be accessing the internet on a regular basis.

And not catering to people is where Apple has erred for a long while now. Their rationale is that people only use their phone as a stop-gap until they can use their tablet or computer at home.

But, a lot of people don't have money for other devices and do all their web-browsing, facebooking, etc. almost exclusively on their phone and want a bigger screen on what is essentially their only computing device.

And yes, while Iphones are pricier than some tablets, computers, other phones, the wonderful thing about phones is they are subsidized via rate plans.  And if there is one thing people love more than anything, it's deferring costs until the future.  So most people pony up there initial $99 or $199 and don't even care or realize that they are paying $699 for a phone.

Last edited:
5S looks :pimp: but since I got the 5 in late 2012, I'll wait for 6.

Like someone said above, I actually DON'T want a bigger screen. I love how light and small the 5 is, and my tiny hands (and johnson) can't handle a larger screen.

i do, the iphone 5 is awesome size and weight. its not gonna get heavier. i bet the next phone will be even lighter and slimmer.

the iphone 5 feels like a 4 in my hands now, screen and size wise. when i first got it, it seems huge.

it'll take a while for me to get used to the 5s. I dont like the extra light feeling of a phone. The 4 was perfect imo.

IMO, the 4-4s was thee perfect phone. Lack of LTE is the only reason I won't go back. I prefer the form factor and design to that of my current 5. The perfect 6 for me would be unibody with the chamfered edges like the 5 with a all glass back like the 4. The clumsy will hate it, but damn if that wouldn't make for a incredible design.

Apple always has the highest re sell value out of any phone. Including galaxy line and note line. Can't beat it if you like getting new phones alot

This is the only reason I'm copping a 5s, I wanna hold out till the 6 but my GNex is on it's last leg. An IPhone with a larger screen is the perfect phone for me. Love Android, always will but I just want give iOS 7 a spin.

it'll take a while for me to get used to the 5s. I dont like the extra light feeling of a phone. The 4 was perfect imo.
When I first got my 5, I felt like it was just gonna fly out of my hands and hit the floor.  Slick back + light weight = high risk of breaking.

Putting a slim case on it actually makes it a little heavier, but still lighter than the 4s and a lot grippier.  With the case its perfect.

I imagine its gonna be the same with the 5s.

Wasnt impressed by either phone yesterday. 

My contract is over this Dec.

I should be good with my 4s for at least another year.

Def going naked when I get mine. Someone spent a lot of time designing the phone, minus whale enjoy it

Something tells me you won't have to wait that long.  

Clearly speculation, but I don't think there is anyway Apple makes it through another 8 months without releasing a larger screen phone.

Clearly speculation, but I don't think there is anyway Apple makes it through another 8 months without releasing a larger screen phone.

I think they're gonna release a regular sized iPhone and an iPhone XL.

Either than or just bump to he screen size to the 4.7-5.0 range

apple aint releasing another iphone til next summer/fall

nothing is coming before then.

apple aint releasing another iphone til next summer/fall

nothing is coming before then.
I'm not sure if it's against NT rules, but I'd place a small gentleman's bet that we see new phones by July 2014.

Last edited:
Apple's release trend doesn't lead toward them rushing out another iPhone. They're more likely to push a release back if anything.

The Black 5S will be had. Upgrading from the Black 32 Gig 4S..I'm in the same boat with regards to buying only the S models. They will be a step up from the previous model, and only just slightly weaker than the one that will come out after it. The difference between the 4S and 5 was noticeable to me, but not enough to convince me to cop...so with IOS 7, newer hard ware, and most of the kinks worked out, the 5S sounds like a sure buy for me. My only issue is trying to figure out how will I sell my 4S now so I have cash for the 5S next week? Because knowing these releases, I might order the 5S right at midnight, but not have my phone ship for like a month or something..so idk...anyone have any suggestions/been a situation like this before?

you should be fine, supposedly the new housings dont scratch as easy as the 5

Only thing I'm worried about scratching is the screen and I'm def rocking a protector.

I understand the argument that you should rock a case because you spent a lot of many in the phone and you want to protect it.

But my reasoning is that you spent a lot of money, so you minus whale enjoy it. One of the best things about copping the newest smart phone is the design and build of it.

People complain about the stale iPhone design, yet they end up putting a case on it anyways

i hate cases and honestly, im pretty rough with my phone and dont have any deep scratches just normal light scratches that you get from everyday use.

its like you guys have ignored apple's release schedule the last few years.
laugh.gif
In my case, I am very attune to apple's release schedule.  Much more so than the average person.

But I have conviction that Apple is feeling the heat from stat after stat that says that they are losing share to Android phones, that people are lusting for a larger screen, that doing a major upgrade once every 2 years is not going to cut it.

Moreover, I think there is added incentive for them to ramp up the cycle for phone refreshes: the US consumer is currently being marketed the early upgrade plans from nearly all major carriers. And while the plans from the big two are absolutely horrendous from a consumer standpoint, it will not stop people from hopping on just so they can have that hot, new **** every 6-12 months.

So, the increased upgrade cycle is going to spur more and frequent purchases in the near future.  Strategically, Apple can hardly afford to rest on the back of an every 2-year update cycle.

Thus, I think this next phone is gonna come some time between 6-9 months after iphone 5s release.

Last edited:
The Black 5S will be had. Upgrading from the Black 32 Gig 4S..I'm in the same boat with regards to buying only the S models. They will be a step up from the previous model, and only just slightly weaker than the one that will come out after it. The difference between the 4S and 5 was noticeable to me, but not enough to convince me to cop...so with IOS 7, newer hard ware, and most of the kinks worked out, the 5S sounds like a sure buy for me. My only issue is trying to figure out how will I sell my 4S now so I have cash for the 5S next week? Because knowing these releases, I might order the 5S right at midnight, but not have my phone ship for like a month or something..so idk...anyone have any suggestions/been a situation like this before?
You should be able to quickly sell your 4s on amazon.

It's easy as hell to do.

If you need any help, just ask.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom