Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
The good thing about the 4/4s is that it's relatively inexpensive to fix if you just shatter the screen. Craigslist is littered with iPhone repair shops that charge $40 for the back and $80 for the front(if you don't supply the screen yourself.) The 5 on the other hand is $150 minimum since parts aren't as easy to come by and the unibody design makes for a harder repair.

Quick question, I just put AppleCare on my 5 back in June and now they've discontinued the model so if something were to happen to it in say April that couldn't be fixed, would the still have refurbs to offer as a replacement, or would the have to give me a 5s/5c instead. Just wondering because I wouldn't accept a plastic 5c for my metal 5, no contract retail for 16gb is $549 and the 5 was $649.

Last edited:
If I wasn't planning on selling mine to cop the 6 next year, I would be going naked.

Someone spent a lot of time to design the phone. You also pay a lot of money. Might as well enjoy every aspect on it.

Dudes complain about looks and aesthetics when in the end, they put a case on it. 

The good thing about the 4/4s is that it's relatively inexpensive to fix if you just shatter the screen. Craigslist is littered with iPhone repair shops that charge $40 for the back and $80 for the front(if you don't supply the screen yourself.) The 5 on the other hand is $150 minimum since parts aren't as easy to come by and the unibody design makes for a harder repair.

Quick question, I just put AppleCare on my 5 back in June and now they've discontinued the model so if something were to happen to it in say April that couldn't be fixed, would the still have refurbs to offer as a replacement, or would the have to give me a 5s/5c instead. Just wondering because I wouldn't accept a plastic 5c for my metal 5, no contract retail for 16gb is $549 and the 5 was $649.

Apple supports products up to 6 years after release (in CA) and 5 years in other states. You would get a iphone 5 as a replacement if anything were to happen

I just bought a new iphone 5s. The seller asked me to leave him feedback, I said that I'd ablige if I get what I'm expecting.

I ask him "when did you purchase this iphone?"

He replies: 
Code:
2. The purchase date does not matter in Apple's products, the warranty period is from the date you activate your iphone, meaning when you put your sim card into the phone and activated through wifi or your carrier data
I think that he's full of ....

From my understanding the warranty is kicked in on the day that you purchase the iphone right?

Is there any truth to what he said?

Last edited:
I just bought a new iphone 5s. The seller asked me to leave him feedback, I said that I'd ablige if I get what I'm expecting.

He replies: 
Code:
2. The purchase date does not 
matter in Apple's products, the warranty period is from the date you 
activate your iphone, meaning when you put your sim card into the phone and 
activated through wifi or your carrier data

From my understanding the warranty is kicked in on the day that you purchase the iphone right?

date the phone is purchased.

but if you want confirmation ask apple :lol:

He replies: 
Code:
Code:
2. The purchase date does not matter in Apple's products, the warranty period is from the date you activate your iphone, meaning when you put your sim card into the phone and activated through wifi or your carrier data

date the phone is purchased.

but if you want confirmation ask apple
laugh.gif
I thought that the iphone 5 warranty might be different.

I know the warranty for itouches and 3gss start on the purchase date.

I got a 2 yr squaretrade warranty, just in case.

Last edited:
So the iphone that i dropped on its corner that scuffed.... walked into apple and exchanged it for a brand new White/silver one :lol: :pimp:

did you return and rebuy it, or did they just swap it for you?

did you return and rebuy it, or did they just swap it for you?

swapped it, just told them i didnt like the space grey and wanted silver, grabbed the last 64gb silver in verizon they had tonight. He looked at the phone front and back and guess he didnt see it or cared :lol:

made small talk with the dude as he was doing the exchange

I'm pretty sure that no one was wondering this.

Except half of the last page

And iYen the warranty starts from the original purchase date. You're correct there.

I was just being cheeky.
Thanks for the info. 
I'll wait until I recieve my iphonea(tomorrow) to tell him that he's wrong.

all good bro. i actually work at an apple retail store and the warranty, i can tell you, literally goes by the hour the original device was purchased so even if you come back in on the day of the 1 year the system will still show it out of warranty depending on what time the device was purchased. crazy, i know.

Any good champagne gold cases the reviews of the spigen one was the colors don't match and the gold on the case is shiner than the actual color

Anyone order one of those longer lightening cables amazon makes a 3 foot one FYI the cable apple gives is mad short

So how do I go about buying a gold iphone? Never bothered with QS phones, but my lil sis wants one for her birthday...  Ive seen the news stories of people camping out for iphones, is this what I am going to have to do?   And I know there is always ebay, but I dont love my sister that much.
laugh.gif
  So any tips on how to aquire a gold iphone? 

You can literally walk in an apple store and tell them some BS excuse "battery sucks, if keeps crashing, etc". They will give you a brand new one no problem.

I walked into the apple store around Christmas time a month after I got the 4s. Told them the signal was ******, ran a test on it and didn't find a damn thing wrong with it. Dude literally said "i can't find any software issues but we'll give you another one just in case". Walked to the back and handed me a new one no problem.

And this was while the 4s was sold out everywhere. There was a huge line in the apple store of people waiting for them and I it one as soon as I walked in

So how do I go about buying a gold iphone? Never bothered with QS phones, but my lil sis wants one for her birthday...  Ive seen the news stories of people camping out for iphones, is this what I am going to have to do?   And I know there is always ebay, but I dont love my sister that much. :lol:   So any tips on how to aquire a gold iphone? 

pre-order and / or wait for the inventory to be replenished. it's not that serious.

An apple employee told me that you'd get a 5s of the same capacity IF that they were the case. 
BUT they may have them.

For instance, I asked if apple still had replacements for the 3gs and he said yes.

I just activated my iphone 5S  and that ebay seller was right.

Apple's warranty doesn't start on the day you purchase the phone, but on the day you activate it.

if they discontinued the 5 doesnt that mean if your 5 craps out days before the one year warranty expires they have to replace it with a 5S? i'm going to try in 30 days when they have enough 5S and hopefully no more 5

Back
Top Bottom