Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 25.9%
  • Case

Votes: 283 61.7%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
I hope they're really testing these new glass screens..

They better not feel cheap or fog up or anything like that.

rumors now that iphone 7 will have that new gorilla glass.

There is some stat that like it survives 80% of falls from 5 feet or under or something like that
But will it blend? 
nerd.gif

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2016/07/21/iphone-7-gorilla-glass/

A more resilient and sturdier version of the displays iPhones have always used, Corning will soon be unleashing the latest rollout in its Gorilla Glass series. The new glass is designed to provide further protection against breakage from everyday drops. Rigorous lab tests show that Gorilla Glass 5 survives drops onto rough surfaces up to four times better than competitive glass designs.

Gorilla Glass 5 reportedly survives up to 80 percent of the time when dropped face-down from 1.6 meters (just over five feet, aka “selfie height”) onto rough surfaces.

“We recently did a survey, and it’s fairly obvious that everyone drops their phone. We find that the average height is over a meter high,” Corning’s Senior VP Jim Steiner disclosed when speaking to TechCrunch. “Based on our internal data on drop events, our data shows that Gorilla Glass 5 outperforms 4 by 1.8-times.”

Corning Gorilla Glass 5 is expected to be on product models from leading brands, including iPhone 7, later this year.

Don't even be fooled by the gorilla glass, your **** will still shatter/crack/chip. That's just the nature of having a glass screen, no matter how they market it. Android phones have had gorilla glass screens for awhile and they still scratch and ****

Don't even be fooled by the gorilla glass, your **** will still shatter/crack/chip. That's just the nature of having a glass screen, no matter how they market it. Android phones have had gorilla glass screens for awhile and they still scratch and ****

High end Androids dont at anywhere nearly the rate as IPhones or as easily. You really have to go out your way to crack and scratch your Android. im making the switch to an IPhone and I know this will be a problem :x

I definitely have cracked my screen before, and I'm willing to bet most in here have at some point in time. It's unfortunately a part of the smartphone experience

I finally updated to 9.3.3 now my wifi is extremely slow. I knew I shouldn't have done it. Any suggestions on a fix?

I definitely have cracked my screen before, and I'm willing to bet most in here have at some point in time. It's unfortunately a part of the smartphone experience

*iPhone experience

My androids never cracked

Two members said their iPhones never cracked means we suck at using our phones...

If you haven't cracked a screen, consider yourself lucky. One little drop and it can crack/shatter

I said the same, I had every single iPhone minus the 1st one, never cracked a screen til the 6plus.

And yes I've thrown and dropped my 4 and 5. Those were my 2 favorite phones, solid quality phones right there.

Haven't cracked my own screen, but both of my kids have cracked their screens. I did leave my 5 in my uniform pocket and put it in the washer, by the time I realized my mistake, it was too late. Ironically, the washer that got my phone, Samsung.

Thank the lord I'm ready to get off of 9.0.2 like yesterday. Gonna hold out for now till they get everything up & running

Screen protectors don't stop your screen from getting broken, only helps prevent scratches

My screen can get scratched all it wants, doesn't bother me.

Just don't want the risk of case or no case and having an accidental drop and the freakin screen shatters and ends up costing me $100-150 to get repaired ontop of the $800 I pay for the phone... :x

Back
Top Bottom