Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Quick question, how do I clear the OTHER (about 2gb) on my iPhone? I googled it, etc but no answer came up.

ANy idea?

I'm pretty sure that's the software. You can't get rid of that.

Like when you buy a new iPod and its a 16 gb but you only get 14. That's why

Once in a while i'll notice a new app installed on my phone that I didn't download :nerd:. Could it be from me accidentally clicking on ads that pop up in other apps?

Quick question, how do I clear the OTHER (about 2gb) on my iPhone? I googled it, etc but no answer came up.

ANy idea?

For people who have a gig or more of space being taken up by "other " on Itunes. try this from reddit

i used ifunbox

One of the first things I was able to download when the jailbroke came out was iFile I proceeded to explore some things and quickly noticed something I hadn't seen before. iOS 6 on my iPhone 5 seems to be saving every single piece of media I've ever sent through iMessage or SMS even if the conversation was deleted.

Head over to /Var/mobile/library/SMS/attachments/ and you'll see a bunch of folders inside those folders they'll be more folders and inside this folders there should be the images. I saved 2.7GB of space by delete all of these and definitely got rid for good of pictures I don't want on my device.

Let me know if you guys notice yours is very full as well and just out of curiosity if there's a way to stop it from being saved.

Edit: Just an addendum added to this if you don't have or can't install iFile to your phone you can also do this thru SSH or Ifunbox navigating to the same screen

Just make sure if your going to do this again to NOT have BiteSMS installed

Apple doesn't delete old images from your text and iMessages even if you delete the conversations. Well these all get stored in /var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments. Unfortunately they get stored in random folders with all your current images too. The easist way to do this would be to go through your texts and save all the images you want to make sure you keep in your photo library and then just delete the whole folder

ANy idea?

For people who have a gig or more of space being taken up by "other " on Itunes. try this from reddit

i used ifunbox

One of the first things I was able to download when the jailbroke came out was iFile I proceeded to explore some things and quickly noticed something I hadn't seen before. iOS 6 on my iPhone 5 seems to be saving every single piece of media I've ever sent through iMessage or SMS even if the conversation was deleted.

Head over to /Var/mobile/library/SMS/attachments/ and you'll see a bunch of folders inside those folders they'll be more folders and inside this folders there should be the images. I saved 2.7GB of space by delete all of these and definitely got rid for good of pictures I don't want on my device.

Let me know if you guys notice yours is very full as well and just out of curiosity if there's a way to stop it from being saved.

Edit: Just an addendum added to this if you don't have or can't install iFile to your phone you can also do this thru SSH or Ifunbox navigating to the same screen

Apple doesn't delete old images from your text and iMessages even if you delete the conversations. Well these all get stored in /var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments. Unfortunately they get stored in random folders with all your current images too. The easist way to do this would be to go through your texts and save all the images you want to make sure you keep in your photo library and then just delete the whole folder

you speaking another language right now |I

is there a easier way? i got 3.1 GB of "other" :smh:

Once in a while i'll notice a new app installed on my phone that I didn't download :nerd:. Could it be from me accidentally clicking on ads that pop up in other apps?

That would require you putting in your apple I'd.
I don't know, maybe i'm going crazy. I'll be flipping through my phone and there's something new on the screen that I didn't put there.

Does anyone elses iphone 5 rattle near the camera lens? I called apple care and they told me nothing inside the phone should be loose and to take it back to the applestore where i got it from and get an exchange. I went to the apple store and the guy tells me its completely normal . He told me it was the camera motor or something like that, and doesnt exchange my phone. My friends who also have the same phone do not have the same rattle as mine. The phone is less than 2 weeks old. :nerd:

Last edited:
That happened to me weeks ago, apps suddenly appears on my iphone then realized that i let my moms use my account. Checked her phone on saw the apps there.

Somebody is using your account man

^
My account is logged in to my family's iPad. Maybe that could be it. I should change my password anyway.

Don't know if anyone has ever posted this before but with the 5 being my first iPhone I just found out that old text messages can still be seen?! Is there a way to permanently delete them? This is terrible bc my girl told me about this and I'm kinda shook 
laugh.gif

Don't know if anyone has ever posted this before but with the 5 being my first iPhone I just found out that old text messages can still be seen?! Is there a way to permanently delete them? This is terrible bc my girl told me about this and I'm kinda shook 
laugh.gif
How theres old texts i deleted but want to look at
How can i see them????

How theres old texts i deleted but want to look at
How can i see them????
Well apparently if you scroll all the way to the left and type something in the spotlight search you can see old and existing messages. You can't see the whole thing but it partially shows it and the contact as well.

Does anyone elses iphone 5 rattle near the camera lens? I called apple care and they told me nothing inside the phone should be loose and to take it back to the applestore where i got it from and get an exchange. I went to the apple store and the guy tells me its completely normal . He told me it was the camera motor or something like that, and doesnt exchange my phone. My friends who also have the same phone do not have the same rattle as mine. The phone is less than 2 weeks old. :nerd:
My iPhone 4S did it when it was brand new. I asked the apple people but they said its normal. I then got a brand new 32g and it rattled. It bugged me like crazy, but eventually I got over it

laugh.gif

Your girl might just be trying to "scare you straight" into being faithful.....I think you are good. I hope so.

i used ifunbox

How do I access these old messages. I got some naughty footage on one of my old iphones I would love to recover.

Today I was testing out my speakers on my iphone5 and there was one thing I noticed. The sound on max volume is not as loud compared to the 4s. Does anybody else notice this or is it just me? I've read reviews from other sites and people are saying the 5 is louder.

#firstworldproblems

Today I was testing out my speakers on my iphone5 and there was one thing I noticed. The sound on max volume is not as loud compared to the 4s. Does anybody else notice this or is it just me? I've read reviews from other sites and people are saying the 5 is louder.

#firstworldproblems

Might be your device but my 5 is waaaaay louder than my 4s was and my 4 was, I did a side by side comparison with my 4s before selling it and compared to my girls 4 it blows it out the water.

Might be your device but my 5 is waaaaay louder than my 4s was and my 4 was, I did a side by side comparison with my 4s before selling it and compared to my girls 4 it blows it out the water.

Mine was also a remanufactured one. I had to swap out the OG one because it had blob on the camera. I hate how it is luck of the draw now. Every phone should work exactly the same, or close to it at least.

Mine was also a remanufactured one. I had to swap out the OG one because it had blob on the camera. I hate how it is luck of the draw now. Every phone should work exactly the same, or close to it at least.

I dont even get insurance anymore, if something happens to my phone i rather bite the bullet and buy a new one because I can sell the damage one and pay diff ( of course if I lose the device that wouldnt be the case)

#firstworldproblems
it is its just the base/general settings is lower. on the 4/4s i believe the sound is set at .15, whereas it is set at .25 on the 5. They always do things like this. kinda how they blocked/locked certain settings/features ala like panarama camera on the 4, or lowered the settings on the camera to make it look like the 4s had some more to it.

Back
Top Bottom