Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

I was on AT&T website and it asked me if I would like to know if my line was eligible for a upgrade and after I checked it said I was eligible for a full upgrade at full retail price...

What does that mean for me when I cop this iPhone tomorrow?

I don't know if I have. Would it be the newest Nexus that recently came out?

If not, then no. 

In any case, I don't have anything against android per se. I just don't like it. Design and performance wise, I just don't like its out-of-box appeal and I dont have the effort to keep chasing mod's to improve that. 

Then what the **** are you talking about, man?

I noticed that you provided a link to a Verge review, showing that you consider it a site that produces content worthy of being shared. Mind checking out the Galaxy Nexus review? Or the Nexus 7? Or the review of Jelly Bean? Remember, this is stock, unmodified Android that we're talking about. Most of the staff is rocking an Android handset, and it's not because they're modifying the crap out of it. They like it stock, and there's a reason for that.

People want quality. They also want cheap. It's up to the company how to find the right balance in marketing it.
You realize that Apple products aren't exactly cheap, right? But consumers believe they are the easiest to use, or the best. It didn't just magically happen that way. It's been years and years of campaigns paying off. You'll see hundreds of threads even here about Macbooks and how they are technologically inferior specs wise to PC's or so for the same price, but that doesn't matter.
People would have paid for Pioneer sets if they knew they were the best and adequately priced.

I guess you misunderstood me because TV's are a different market. Sure my 5 year old Pioneer Plasma doesn't have 3d, apps, wifi, etc. but damn, I'd put it up against most if not all the TV sets that are out today. To this da, no burn in, no problems, just a clear, crisp, and perfect TV IMO for HDTV. I don't need all the customization, 3D, apps, etc. I just need and want it to perform well. Plus it helps that I would never consider a replacement and I haven't so that's money saved as well even though I paid a good amount beforehand.

I know Apple's aren't cheap and there specs arent the best, but when it comes down to it, it preforms, battery life, apps, camera, etc. This is coming from a Galaxy Nexus user who is just tired of Android and now I'm switching back to iOS. As far as pricing goes, iPhones are still basically the most expensive phones you can get but with that, no hassle warranty for a year, software updates, it works, etc.

are you serious? sprint is ridiculous, im glad i didnt end up switching to them.
im just patiently waiting for Tmobile to set up 1900 for the iphone in my area :x :smokin
\Been on Sprint since Sero since they were (kind of still are) the only true unlimited with no throttling and I use over 5gb a month via tether and streaming services like Pandora.

LOL listen to how you sound

:lol: smh

man yall make it sound like androids easy, people at work always asking me how to do **** on their phone, how to forward messages and what not so i doubt the average person can make their phone look cool like the themes posted above, in fact most people just love to pile everything they can on the phone screen making it look all :x

Android Army getting butt hurt in an Apple iPhone 5 thread. Nobody was talking about Android in this thread when it first started but typical fanboys came in to continue their assault on folks who enjoy Apple products and looking forward to the new iPhone. As PRIME stated, I lurk in the Android threads too just to find out more information on Android devices, I tried some Android devices out (EVO 4G and Sll) good phones and fast when I was looking to upgrade last year, Just prefer the iPhone. I swear some of ya'll try too hard, like ya'll looking for folks to validate your tech device purchases. Care much about another person's $?:smh:

LOL listen to how you sound
laugh.gif
smh

man yall make it sound like androids easy, people at work always asking me how to do **** on their phone, how to forward messages and what not so i doubt the average person can make their phone look cool like the themes posted above, in fact most people just love to pile everything they can on the phone screen making it look all
sick.gif
I'm saying.

Dudes stay downloading skins and new keyboards because just stock they can't stand the damn thing. 
roll.gif

I don't think it's that they can't stand it.. What's bad about having a lot of options when it comes to themes and keyboards? When was having a lot to choose from a bad thing, though..

People need their phones to do EVERYTHING nowadays huh?

In 10 years dudes going to be like, maaan the iphone 15 doesn't wipe my *** as clean as the new samsung/nokia/htc or whatever :smh:

Just give me a good phone that won't drop my calls and allows me to use the internet from time to time. Oh and good battery life. I hope in the future its looked at as tacky or whatever to be soooo tech dependent. Sorry kinda venting my frustrations with social media and how our culture is changing, and imo its for the worst.. but thats another story.

I will never understand why people come to a iphone thread and talk android and vice versa. At the end of the day, do what you want to do. If you like android, cool stick with it. If you like the iphone, cool stick with it. The only people that should be beefing are the companies ie Apple v. Samsung. Let them dude it out and we benefit with better phones in the market. Personally I don't need NFC because I do not trust it, I don't need a bigger screen because I wear suits and straight leg jeans and I don't want to see my phone through my jeans. I don't need a bunch of bells and whistles because I wouldn't use it. What I do use is Itunes where all my albums are and the Iphone uses Itunes perfectly therefore I have an Iphone. I will get the Iphone 5 because I want the Iphone 5. That's it. I'm a grown *** man. I got better things to discuss than phone specs.

I'll prolly get it, but just cuz my battery is pretty whack on my 4. Plus I need a 64 GB bad. Sick of having to delete stuff everytime I want to songs on my 4.

:lol: smh
man yall make it sound like androids easy, people at work always asking me how to do **** on their phone, how to forward messages and what not so i doubt the average person can make their phone look cool like the themes posted above, in fact most people just love to pile everything they can on the phone screen making it look all :x

lol mane when I worked at VZW folks would come into the store thinking they droid deleted all they apps or contacts when it happend that they deleted the app from the home screen by accident. Half them folks didnt even know they had an App drawer. When I use to sell people android phones I always made sure before they left they knew how to access the app drawer, make a call, send a text, take a pic, etc.

With the iPhone I use to see my customers in the street and club and stuff telling me how they love the phone and stuff. Like I said before Jelly Bean will prob even the playing field but its still sickening that 80% or more percent of the android phones being used out there are still in Gingerbread lol

If I'm doing my calculations right, A 32 GB iPhone 5 is going to cost me $631.80, But after I get $300 for this 4S, It's just $331.80 out of my pocket.

I hope I'm doing them right. :wow: :nerd: :lol:

Last edited:
laugh.gif
smh
man yall make it sound like androids easy, people at work always asking me how to do **** on their phone, how to forward messages and what not so i doubt the average person can make their phone look cool like the themes posted above, in fact most people just love to pile everything they can on the phone screen making it look all
sick.gif

lol mane when I worked at VZW folks would come into the store thinking they droid deleted all they apps or contacts when it happend that they deleted the app from the home screen by accident. Half them folks didnt even know they had an App drawer. When I use to sell people android phones I always made sure before they left they knew how to access the app drawer, make a call, send a text, take a pic, etc.

With the iPhone I use to see my customers in the street and club and stuff telling me how they love the phone and stuff. Like I said before Jelly Bean will prob even the playing field but its still sickening that 80% or more percent of the android phones being used out there are still in Gingerbread lol
Same thing with my dad.

Dude had NO IDEA where all his apps were and couldn't even find his way around that cluttered message interface on his android phone. 

Design is a weak point of most android stock builds and unless you know how to change it, you're kinda screwed.

He borrowed my sisters iphone for a few days and was just like "oh...i get it!"

Ya'll underestimate how much more reassuring simplicity can be to the average consumer without it being a mark against their intelligence. 

lol I gotta wake up at 7am for work, do yall think its that serious where I need to wake up at 3am to preorder or I should be good doing it before going to work? When I worked at the store pretty much all day when people came in the store they were able to get it on time it, and heck when the 4s dropped my store didnt sell out till Sat.

Back
Top Bottom