Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

i still have my last Verizon "New Every Two credit" (my current smartphone is 3 years old) up for grabs, but i'm going back and forth with Verizon. They say it's $50 off, but it's always been $100 since I have a smartphone and data plan . . .

Was it 100 dollars when you checked before or are you assuming it was 100 from your last upgrade. I've only seen 100 NE2 credits on people who had basic phones forever accounts.

Tmobile dead? why would tmobile PAY to get the iphone when they easily already have more than a million iphones on its network without even pushing or sell them :lol:

the next entire year will make or break tmobile, i expect them to get the next iphone once they see how they can handle all the iphone users and all the data usage since they offer the best unlimited plan period.

T-Mobile is in it's last death throes. They're just trying to package themselves as a good deal to other carriers with as many users as they can push with the iPhone and Android phones and their unlimited plans and "too good to be true" promotions. The more users they have, the more bargaining power they have.

Verizon and AT&T don't have to offer these plans to users like T-Mobile and Sprint because they're they're top dogs.

Still indecisive man 
mean.gif

looks like im a hop on either ATT or Verizon's 110$ /mo mobile share plan dolo 

this really helped me a lot http://static.ips.apple.com.edgekey.net/ipa_preauth/content/catalog/en_US/index.html

pros,VZW has more LTE areas and better call quality and signal, ATT can do simultaneous voice and data 

cons on both though is that Verizon's i5 cant do simultaneous voice and data and ATT is always dropping my damn calls! 
mad.gif

T-Mobile is in it's last death throes. They're just trying to package themselves as a good deal to other carriers with as many users as they can push with the iPhone and Android phones and their unlimited plans and "too good to be true" promotions. The more users they have, the more bargaining power they have.
Verizon and AT&T don't have to offer these plans to users like T-Mobile and Sprint because they're they're top dogs.

pretty much all Tmobile is trying to do is show that they can be profitable so a company will want to buy them, but they have been failing greatly because they attract the customers VZW and ATT dont want, people who dont want to spend money lol

Anyone know how much Sprint give for the Iphone 4S trade in?
Anyone know how much Sprint give for the Iphone 4S trade in?

at Best Buy we are giving 200 for a good conditioned Iphone 4s....5 dollars off if you dont have the charger
Trade in ASAP since everyone is trying to already the trade in value will decrease this coming week just a heads up
Any idea how much u can get for a brand new 4s on sprint?

Verizon which i thought was the best but SMH they dropped the ball with this shared plan crap.

And btw, all you VZW and AT&T dudes should want to keep TMO around. Why? Once they're gone, what lower-priced company do they have to compete with? Competition is good.

It cracks me up seeing people hype up their overpriced carrier, as if there is some nobility in paying more for cellphone service. The more people who don't adopt that attitude and realize that getting bent over monthly isn't what's poppin', the better off everyone will be because more people will demand better rates. Hell, even TMO is overpriced when you compare some of their rates to prepaid plans with the same coverage.

But somehow, Americans got it twisted and we see it as a status symbol that we're privileged enough to pay almost $100/month for a single line of cell service.

pretty much all Tmobile is trying to do is show that they can be profitable so a company will want to buy them, but they have been failing greatly because they attract the customers VZW and ATT dont want, people who dont want to spend money lol

The cheap customer thing is a fallacy I think. From a business standpoint, both AT&T and VZW would love to add millions of customers. It just doesn't make sense for VZW, as they're CDMA. And AT&T, well.....they already tried to get TMO's subscriber base, but got shot down.

:stoneface: .. so just because im on T-mobile means i dont wanna spend money? i have been on t-mobile for the last 8 years... never had a problem with reception or anything and the prices are good..

Last edited:
And btw, all you VZW and AT&T dudes should want to keep TMO around. Why? Once they're gone, what lower-priced company do they have to compete with? Competition is good.
It cracks me up seeing people hype up their overpriced carrier, as if there is some nobility in paying more for cellphone service. The more people who don't adopt that attitude and realize that getting bent over monthly isn't what's poppin', the better off everyone will be because more people will demand better rates. Hell, even TMO is overpriced when you compare some of their rates to prepaid plans with the same coverage.
But somehow, Americans got it twisted and we see it as a status symbol that we're privileged enough to pay almost $100/month for a single line of cell service.

All of this

All of this

Thing is VZW and ATT see companies such as Metro PCS as a bigger threat than Tmo and Sprint.

Tmo and Sprint are trying to be High End yet Value focused which sadly doesnt work.

While ATT and VZW put all the emphasis on the network and devices you get with them so when you see the price you assume it comes with the territory.

Tmo struggles and I seen it First hand because you have these 2 types of customers. 1) The Guy who wants the big nice fancy phone but doesnt want to pay a high bill, so he stays crying about Tmos phone selection, talking about poor service, complaining yet been with Tmo for 10 yrs and isnt going anywhere. Then 2) The Overall cheapskate who comes in talking about how Cricket and so and so are so much cheaper than TMO and Tmo needs to lower prices.

Customers want so much but dont under stand the science behind wireless, which is why Sprint and Tmo are struggling so bad.

Now there are normal Tmo Customers who had the company before a smart phone and havent really had issues, but those are the people leaving in the hundreds and thousands every quarter to go to ATT Sprint and VZW.

You will RARELY see a VZW or ATT customer go to Tmobile unless price is the issue and if thats the case they usually go to Sprint.

Tmobile would be much more successful if they marketed themselves as a Virgin Mobile/Metro PCS type company for the avg customer, they simply dont have the man power to compete with the big boys.

Lol while folks think threating to leave ATT and VZW is big to them, its not The Consumer market is done with, all these companies are worried about now is B2B customers because there is so much stuff they can offer businesses, the regular Consumer market is an added bonus. ATT knows 50 million customers are going to bounce just because Tmobile lets you use their iphones on 2g/3g.

Honestly the past 4 years I've had T-Mobile, I have no glaring complaints. Service was good for the most part with the occasional drops. I just wish it had the iPhones, and I get a big discount from my employer so I jumped ship.

no they didnt. VZW sold Tmobile some spectrum it accquired from the Cable companies, pretty much throwaway spectrum.
lol yall going to learn All LTE isnt created equally come about 2014, especially once VZW turns on that VoLTE and companies cant rely on their old 2g networks for voice. Lol Without putting out confidential info I seen the coverage maps for 2014 for all ATT and VZW VZW got the game in a strangle hold.
Like seriously ATT know they cant compete with LTE thats why they put emphasis on their HSPA+
I like a Direct TV or some forgien company to buy out Sprint or Tmobile.
And YoungTriz ATT been at the top well before their iPhone move, the only reason ATT did the iPhone thing is because VZW surpassed them as the num 1 carrier, Apple initially wanted VZW to be to sole provider of the iPhone but VZW wasnt trying to risk their network, and we all see what happend to ATT as a result.

let me set this straight.

4g is a broad term.. Verizon lte and att hspa+ is the same thing...4g.... ATT has the same speed as vzw lte no difference. actually att may be a bit faster

indifferent.gif
.. so just because im on T-mobile means i dont wanna spend money? i have been on t-mobile for the last 8 years... never had a problem with reception or anything and the prices are good..
I'm saying, as if getting raped by Verizon is cool. Makes no sense.

Still indecisive man :smh:

looks like im a hop on either ATT or Verizon's 110$ /mo mobile share plan dolo 

this really helped me a lot http://static.ips.apple.com.edgekey.net/ipa_preauth/content/catalog/en_US/index.html

pros,VZW has more LTE areas and better call quality and signal, ATT can do simultaneous voice and data 

cons on both though is that Verizon's i5 cant do simultaneous voice and data and ATT is always dropping my damn calls! >:

Its the phone that determines call signal and quality not the network. my droid razr with vzw signal sucks but my girl iphone 4 has good signal..

u guys are all caught up in who has better service bla bla.. its all the same

I agree.  Competition is good...If you're actually competing.  T-mobile isn't.  The most anticipated phone ever just released and T-mobile doesn't even get it.

Even if you unlock and go to T-mobile....no LTE for you.

That's competing in a manner on par to how the Bobcats compete in the NBA.

I'm all for more competition and the resulting cheaper options, but it has to be an equivalent or similarly featured option.  T-mobile is a decent option, but without LTE it's a non-starter for me.

most people arent even gonna get LTE unless they are on verizon though....
Idk man...I actually checked out those coverage maps pretty thoroughly before choosing to port to VZ from AT&T.  Checked out tons of technology mag LTE market comparisons as well.

I think if you live in a major market, you're gonna get LTE if you go with either of the two major carriers.

I could be wrong though.

Back
Top Bottom