Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

oh so when apple comes out with something its innovative.. but when its made by someone else its "who uses that? that tech is way too far ahead of out time"... yeah ok... nfc, just wait to see what tech tiles can do, google wallet, already sharing files and so on... just because apple doesnt have it yet or made it, its not a bad thing to start having new technology..
Where do you shop that takes NFC payments? Serious question. Very few businesses have the infrastructure necessary to securely accept NFC payments. An NFC chip is useless if nobody takes your payments. NFC chips may have other functions, but the money is in payments. And that is what will drive its acceptance.

exactly, i think the only place that i know of is mcdonalds and i dont think its everywhere to begin with

the thing about nfc implementation though is that apple has a huge market; if apple put nfc into the iphone 5, nfc would be a bigger part of our lives. them leaving it out is slowing the progress of the technology.

i agree 100% but NFC is nothing special and i dont see it taking off for another few years. unless your really into phones, most people dont even know WTH it is

Last edited:
i agree 100% but NFC is nothing special and i dont see it taking off for another few years. unless your really into phones, most people dont even know WTH it is

Apple slowed the advances of this technology in the states by excluding it.

I've driven that point before when I first heard the announcement of the iPhone 5.

Everyone would know about NFC by now if it was implemented into iPhones.

-Drew

:lol: Android fanboys keep rearing their heads in an iPhone 5 thread expecting to convert folks, using the same tired arguments over and over. There was no Android hate in this thread until ya'll came in foaming at the mouth like the rabid fans you are, so enthralled with how others spend their money on tech they enjoy. Just the sight of an Apple iPhone 5 release thread with no mention of Android caused such discomfort that you had to rally the troops and defend that little green goblin of yours with immense vigor and self-abandonment. Enjoy your phones guys :lol:

the thing about nfc implementation though is that apple has a huge market; if apple put nfc into the iphone 5, nfc would be a bigger part of our lives. them leaving it out is slowing the progress of the technology.

Repped.

Same thing I've said over and over before. I'm glad someone sees how Apple screwed us over in that sense.

-Drew

:lol: Android fanboys keep rearing their heads in an iPhone 5 thread expecting to convert folks, using the same tired arguments over and over. There was no Android hate in this thread until ya'll came in foaming at the mouth like the rabid fans you are, so enthralled with how others spend their money on tech they enjoy. Just the sight of an Apple iPhone 5 release thread with no mention of Android caused such discomfort that you had to rally the troops and defend that little green goblin of yours with immense vigor and self-abandonment. Enjoy your phones guys :lol:

I like Android and Apple products.
I'm typing from a Macbook right now and my phone before the S3 was a 3GS as a matter of fact. :lol:

I'm just not afraid to say the truth about each individual product.

-Drew

Last edited:
So if Apple included NFC, how would things be different today? In six months? In a year? Some of you are speaking like stores would have rolled out NFC payment capabilities immediately. It's going to take time and a lot of money to do so correctly.

You boys better be careful with NFC.

We tried to use the tech, to applied combat techniques while I was in the military. Problem is that that their are devices that can pick up information wirelessly.

Meaning if their are multiple people with in a room or area with NFC enable devices. All a person has to do is walk by you and get all your information.

All tech is not good tech.

Last edited:
So if Apple included NFC, how would things be different today? In six months? In a year? Some of you are speaking like stores would have rolled out NFC payment capabilities immediately. It's going to take time and a lot of money to do so correctly.

You have to start somewhere right?
Rome wasn't built in a day but at least it came into fruition.

Besides, you think a company like Apple co-signing NFC wouldn't influence retail stores?

-Drew

Dudes still throwing shots in this thread? I haven't been here in a little while.
Dudes are throwing jabs like Google is good at EVERYTHING.
How many ChromeBooks Google sold so far?
Exactly...
oh so it's time to bring out the sales stats when the discussion is the OS, right? Nas vs Jay all over again, no thanks...

Just because something sells the most doesn't mean it's the best. It's quantitative not qualitative. But any company would be happy to have 2 million pre-orders of a product in one day.

I like Android and Apple products.
I'm typing from a Macbook right now and my phone before the S3 was a 3GS as a matter of fact. :lol:
I'm just not afraid to say the truth about each individual product.
-Drew
[COLOR=#red]

Same here Drew...typing from my MacBook Pro which is my second one, and I bought my mother one as well, all the children have iPads as does me and the lady, but we all have Android phones after coming from the iPhone 4. So in all honesty my allegiance is to great technology as much as it is to a specific manufacturer. I speak with my dollar, not just a fanboy, heck more than %10 of my salary is spent on tech every year.

Fanboyism actually hurts technology. Fanboys mistake being critical as being disloyal. So they accept anything that is offered to them by the company they stan for. The company sees this and strings them along by offering minimal upgrades knowing they are going to blindly accept it. If the fanboys were less fanatic and more critical the company would see that and make sure they are satisfying their customers by giving them what they are asking for. Why? Because a corporations main goal for existing is to make a profit and if the customers aren't satisfied and are demanding more, then it behooves the company to give them what they are asking for.

Not paying attention to the market and the impending doom that occurs by not doing so is what Blackberry is going through right now.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[Android guy] LOL! Apple falling short again! My Galaxy would have bounced! [/Android guy]

You have to start somewhere right?
Rome wasn't built in a day but at least it came into fruition.
Besides, you think a company like Apple co-signing NFC wouldn't influence retail stores?
-Drew
But the technology is not even close to being implemented safely at a scale that would be considered worthwhile. This isn't like Maps where Apple released an imperfect version. They can fix that in house. This is like LTE. The network needs to mature before Apple jumps on board.

The thing about NFC is that having it in a phone doesn't mean a damn thing if nobody else is using it.

NFC right now reminds me of when WiFi hotpsots were in their infancy.  They were far and few between, much like businesses that utilize NFC now.  You had to actually search for places where you could utilize WiFi on your phone or computer, much like NFC now.  Back then, not including WiFi capabilities in a mobile device wasn't a big deal.  Why?  Because WiFi wasn't even close to mainstream yet.  The same goes for NFC in mobile devices now.  

When the technology is adopted by many and captures the mainstream's attention, then you can ***** and moan about it not being included.  Because at that point, you're really excluding something that people use.  At this point, you're just pissing off tech junkies and fanboys (who comprise a very small percentage of total sales, btw) when you don't include it.  

^
Glad I got the white. A lot of people will probably be getting bumper cases for the black one.

The thing about NFC is that having it in a phone doesn't mean a damn thing if nobody else is using it.

NFC right now reminds me of when WiFi hotpsots were in their infancy.  They were far and few between, much like businesses that utilize NFC now.  You had to actually search for places where you could utilize WiFi on your phone or computer, much like NFC now.  Back then, not including WiFi capabilities in a mobile device wasn't a big deal.  Why?  Because WiFi wasn't even close to mainstream yet.  The same goes for NFC in mobile devices now.  

When the technology is adopted by many and captures the mainstream's attention, then you can ***** and moan about it not being included.  Because at that point, you're really excluding something that people use.  At this point, you're just pissing off tech junkies and fanboys (who comprise a very small percentage of total sales, btw) when you don't include it.  
exactly.... they had video phones back in the 80's... was it cutting edge... sure.. but putting something out with no market.. just for the sake of saying yea i did it first means what exactly... ? It didnt turn into higher revenue of sales.. it didnt turn into more and more ppl using video phones. Its two decades or so later and still video phones arent a household staple.. Plus like someone else said nfc in cellphones are at the infant stages and the ability to hack steal info is relatively easy. So at this point it isnt very reliable,safe, or practical. So again its just out there for tech junkies, fanboys, and the whole elitest i have something u dont im better then u.

Outside of ppl saying it allows me to do something i already could in a different way, what else is there.. What has it changed revolutionized? How has it changed everyday life? Exactly...............

For all the grief apple got for just getting lte... it was a smart move... having a phone with the ability to use a service that is spotty at best is ... Having a lte phone 4 yrs ago was virtually pointless outside of having it just to say i have it.. Its like ppl who get a i7 processor and all they do is google/facebook/instagram/ and twitter. nfc is dependent on others, services etc and a variety of other factors.. its not like electric cars where its interdependent and isnt contingent on other motorist, or the market etc.

Went an exchanged my 5 for a new one since the mics were acting up. The lead at the Genius Bar informed me that apple does have plans to start accepting returns for scuffed iPhones. They are just working out the particulars and will not start until they have the supply to do so.

If u ask me it sounds pretty dumb unless the next batch of phones don't have the same flaw, which I don't foresee being the case.

Only time will tell

apple has some intense work to do come up with a fix for the scuff...kind of have to almost redesign on what material to use...

itr would be pretty stupid to keep making them this way and just replacing them with ones with the same problem

man...my contract ends in january...i hope they have the fixed ones by then...

apple has some intense work to do come up with a fix for the scuff...kind of have to almost redesign on what material to use...
itr would be pretty stupid to keep making them this way and just replacing them with ones with the same problem
man...my contract ends in january...i hope they have the fixed ones by then...
they had issues with the 4s first batch also... the infamous mic problem... the antennae issue and only would work with bumpers... the siri servers been done... iphone 4 with its home button being stuck issues, the problems with the white 4 when it came out... every year the first batch of apple phone products have flaws/issues.

If I were to go to the Apple Store, would I be able to buy a Iphone but not have them activate it there?
I've got an upgrade to use, but i need to update the software on my Mac before getting this, still on 10.5.8

Last edited:
Just put my iphone 4 32gb on ebay, listing wasn't even active for 1minute and somebody did a buy it now :wow: , must of listed it to low lol. Had it at $195 +$12 shipping. Never sold anything that fast on ebay, EVER.

If I were to go to the Apple Store, would I be able to buy a Iphone but not have them activate it there?
I've got an upgrade to use, but i need to update the software on my Mac before getting this, still on 10.5.8
um well i bought mines an it was activated for att and they didnt sync to itunes etc they just transferred my info from my old phone to the new... when i hooked it up to my laptop itunes popped up and then it wouldnt let me do anything till i updated to 10.6..

but i didnt think to ask them dont activate it ill just do it when i get home... they kinda just did it when transferring data. if u do let us know im kinda curious since u brought it up

Back
Top Bottom