- Appreciation - Jeff Van Gundy Mark Jackson Breen

^
laugh.gif
@ Doug Collins' "Back when I used to coach Michael..." being his "catchphrase".

Originally Posted by doyung9

Mark Jackson is completely biased toward Kobe Bryant.
I am saying, I wonder if Kobe has a rash from Marks grip on his meat
smh.gif

JVG is a complete @*@#%*% as well

All 3 unappreciated.

Breen is the worst play-by-play announcer today. He's corny, sensationalist, and clearly favors certain teams/players in his announcing. Super annoying.

Jackson doesn't really know what he's talking about; his analysis of the game is limited at best. And yes, he star gazes whenever Kobe is the subject.Very annoying.

JVG... the only difference between him and an obnoxious know-it-all fan is that he's simply coached before. Another guy that is biased toward certainteams/players. Pretty annoying.

Give me Brent Musberger and Tolbert or Marv, Walton, and Fratello for any game, any day over the clowns at ABC/ESPN.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Give me Brent Musberger and Tolbert or Marv, Walton, and Fratello for any game, any day over the clowns at ABC/ESPN.
tom tolbert no thanks
laugh.gif
...marv albert
pimp.gif
...kevin harlan i like his enthusiam for the game hes calling even when its aboring blowout game...hubies pretty decent too...chick hearn>>>>everyone though
pimp.gif
but nbc did have the best combos for their broadcasting then again anything nbcand nba was
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Mama there goes that man!

Boom Boom Pau

smh @ Mark Jackson
franchise3, you're better than that
laugh.gif

but seriously mark jackson is
grin.gif

i appreciate jvg and his wild comments
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

tom tolbert no thanks
laugh.gif
...marv albert
pimp.gif
...kevin harlan i like his enthusiam for the game hes calling even when its a boring blowout game...hubies pretty decent too...chick hearn>>>>everyone though
pimp.gif
but nbc did have the best combos for their broadcasting then again anything nbc and nba was
pimp.gif

Tolbert did a good job most of the time, I thought. Maybe it just seems like that after watching the crap we've been watching the last few years.
laugh.gif

Never cared for Hearn; thought he was a bit overrated.

Bob Costas was good but tended to over-dramatize often and it got on my nerves.

I know most people don't get to hear them but Steve Buckhantz and Phil Chenier on Comcast SportsNet for Washington games are great. Buckhantz:"Dagger!!!"
glasses.gif
Yeah, they can be homers like anyteam's announcers but they're really good at calling games for such a bad team.

This trio is definitely appreciated.

JVG + Mark Jackson are straight comedy, especially when the game is a blowout and they start talking about pop culture
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Breen is a douche, but without him it would be two and half hours of straight bashing on NBA officials
laugh.gif

I wouldn't mind a trio of JVG, Jackson, and... Bill Walton
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. %+@$ would be straight chaos on air..
roll.gif

JVG, "Are you serious?! That's a foul?!"
Bill Walton, "Of course that's a foul, that could be the hardest foul committed in the history of the Laker organization..."

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

tom tolbert no thanks
laugh.gif
...marv albert
pimp.gif
...kevin harlan i like his enthusiam for the game hes calling even when its a boring blowout game...hubies pretty decent too...chick hearn>>>>everyone though
pimp.gif
but nbc did have the best combos for their broadcasting then again anything nbc and nba was
pimp.gif

Tolbert did a good job most of the time, I thought. Maybe it just seems like that after watching the crap we've been watching the last few years.
laugh.gif

Never cared for Hearn; thought he was a bit overrated.

Bob Costas was good but tended to over-dramatize often and it got on my nerves.

I know most people don't get to hear them but Steve Buckhantz and Phil Chenier on Comcast SportsNet for Washington games are great. Buckhantz: "Dagger!!!"
glasses.gif
Yeah, they can be homers like any team's announcers but they're really good at calling games for such a bad team.
everyone has their opinion but for me im majoring in sports broadcasting and journalism...those cliches and catchphrases may be annoying but thatswhat makes you successful in this field and this what networks look for...chick hearn defined that...yehh maybe at the end of his career he was losing his edgeand such but that comes with the age...never cared for hearn?
eek.gif
...hischickisms are now a mark in the basketball world...words such as airball and slam dunk was by hearn
pimp.gif
RIP chick
frown.gif

everyone has their opinion but for me im majoring in sports broadcasting and journalism...those cliches and catchphrases may be annoying but thats what makes you successful in this field and this what networks look for...chick hearn defined that...yehh maybe at the end of his career he was losing his edge and such but that comes with the age...never cared for hearn?
eek.gif
...his chickisms are now a mark in the basketball world...words such as airball and slam dunk was by hearn
pimp.gif
RIP chick
frown.gif

Journalist here. (B.S. '02)

I understand what counts as "success" in the field but that doesn't mean it's good. In fact, it's bad. Really bad.

No, didn't care for Hearn. Must be a Laker thing. No disrespect to him, just thought he wasn't that great.
ohwell.gif

everyone has their opinion but for me im majoring in sports broadcasting and journalism...those cliches and catchphrases may be annoying but thats what makes you successful in this field and this what networks look for...chick hearn defined that...yehh maybe at the end of his career he was losing his edge and such but that comes with the age...never cared for hearn?
eek.gif
...his chickisms are now a mark in the basketball world...words such as airball and slam dunk was by hearn
pimp.gif
RIP chick
frown.gif

Journalist here. (B.S. '02)

I understand what counts as "success" in the field but that doesn't mean it's good. In fact, it's bad. Really bad.

No, didn't care for Hearn. Must be a Laker thing. No disrespect to him, just thought he wasn't that great.
ohwell.gif

well like i said everyone has their own opinion...but like i said it may be bad and annoying but hey it works and successful...props to you on yourjournalist...are you working for a local network right now bro?

JVG and Jackson are very, very appreciated.

But I CAN'T STAND Mike Breen. If he blurts out "Ohhhhh, and a HARD foul" one more time on a foul that's completely normal, I might have tocut my losses and mute the tv for the rest of the game. Announcers like him are partly to blame for the whole technical/flagrant/ejection/suspension epidemicthat's plaguing the league right now. He consistently overreacts to even the most normal fouls, and he puts it in the viewers' minds that the game issupposed to be played with that kind of softness. Basketball is a contact sport. If you can't handle it, go announce ping pong matches.

The random things they talk about every game is just
laugh.gif
. Especially when its a blowout game.

Not a Mike Breen fan at all. Not very exciting and he tries to explain things that most basketball fans should know already. I guess it helps the youngerfans...

pimp.gif

game 3 - lakers-nuggets
mark jackson 'i call this guy the black eyed peas, why? because BOOM BOOM PAU'!
laugh.gif

these guys def. APPRECIATED!
pimp.gif

can't STAND Marc Jackson - dude just tries too hard.

JVG and Mike 'BANG' Breen are appreciated though.

Back
Top Bottom