April 29th, 1992..there was a riot on the streets tell me where were you?

20 years ago today. even though i was a wee lad at this point, living near the LA metro area this was a HUGE deal. I was definitely sitting at home watching my TV. I vividly remember all the coverage and the changes LA went through in the years after that. Lots of people came up in the end, not just on loot but investing into the community and buying up storefronts to rebuild and set their stake

I turned 7 and Reginald Denny got cracked in the head with a brick. My how time flies

A good portion of NT wasnt born yet. I was 6 years old so I was probably gettin my Ninja Turtles on

I was 4. I remember my late uncle bringing in a bunch of stuff. a couple of TVs, food, jewelry for my granny. It was crazy.

I was 3 so I don't remember

Probably doing my ABC's
laugh.gif

I was swimming trying to get to the egg before everyone else.

Spoiler [+]
I won

I was in my crib in South LA, smoke coming in the house through the windows. I was a few weeks old.

I actually had childhood asthma because of all the smoke I inhaled as a newborn from my neighborhood burning around me.

I was two running around the house with no pants on screaming pee pee

My family was living in the Echo Park/east end of downtown. I was only 4 but I do remember having a couple new TV's. Almost certain that the property value in South Central really depreciated following the riots because my fam got the house they stay in now for dirt cheap around 94'. The white family that lived there previously literally left everything in the house except for the clothes off their backs and never looked back.

I was 6. I do remember watching tv and just seeing a bunch of $%$+ on fire and I knew it was in LA, but couldn't grasp why

About to turn seven on the first so I was probably awaiting that day and the gifts it would bring.

lakers were playing the blazers in the playoffs. lakers had to cancel a playoff game and lost home court advantage. darrel strawberrys brother was a cop and he got shot during those riots i believe

Back
Top Bottom