Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

unless you're always wearing highlighter colors, these aren't hard to get a fit wit. Unless you're a fake *** trend setter thinking you doin it
They wouldn't be but if I'm wearing mainly dark colors I'm picking bred 1's, bred 4's, bordo 7's and varsity red 6's over these anyday and it'll look better just accepting the fact these will collect dust still a nice colorway though
wear mostly dark colors and can't get these to work?

8422653.gif

They wouldn't be but if I'm wearing mainly dark colors I'm picking bred 1's, bred 4's, bordo 7's and varsity red 6's over these anyday and it'll look better just accepting the fact these will collect dust still a nice colorway though

8422653.gif
Wear simple [emoji]128169[/emoji]
For me, the reasons why my 8s (play offs, aquas, and bugs bunnys) dont get much wear these days has nothing to do with colors. For me theyre just a bulky a** shoe when compared to similarly colored shoes. i feel like that bulkiness makes them too "casual" when compared to what i would be wearing in my wardrobe. my 8s come out when im wearing jogger sweats and a basic tee/hoodie/crew neck and that about it. i just prefer the more conservative look of like the 1, 2,3,4, 7, and 10s. other models sometimes depends on the color way

Last edited:

8422653.gif

Wear simple [emoji]128169[/emoji]

For me, the reasons why my 8s (play offs, aquas, and bugs bunnys) dont get much wear these days has nothing to do with colors. For me theyre just a bulky a** shoe when compared to similarly colored shoes. i feel like that bulkiness makes them too "casual" when compared to what i would be wearing in my wardrobe. my 8s come out when im wearing jogger sweats and a basic tee/hoodie/crew neck and that about it. i just prefer the more conservative look of like the 1, 2,3,4, 7, and 10s. other models sometimes depends on the color way
yea but come on, can't bring too casual into this when... they're basketball shoes

yea but come on, can't bring too casual into this when... they're basketball shoes
you know what im driving at though. the 1s and the 8s are 2 completely different levels of casual. way more flexibility in terms of what you can wear when it comes to the 1s. And it has nothing to do with color. in the same token id say the 8s have more flexibility than something like the 19s. In my opinion in this day and age where everything is tapered, fitted, and custom sized there are definitely some kicks that go better than others. basketball shoe or not.

Exactly tapered jeans don't look as good with these as they do with 1's-6's I feel as almost as if i'm wearing timbs when I wear 8's

Last edited:
Exactly tapered jeans don't look as good with these as they do with 1's-6's I feel as almost as if i'm wearing timbs when I wear 8's
i would even go as far as to say the 5's and 6s look huge and "loud" with the tongues out as well when wearing slimmer/tapered jeans but i still have a few of each in collection still

i would even go as far as to say the 5's and 6s look huge and "loud" with the tongues out as well when wearing slimmer/tapered jeans but i still have a few of each in collection still
yea I tend to stray away from those as well 1's, 4's, and 7's look the best with tapered jeans Imo never stopped me from copping 5's or 6's though.

Last edited:

Exactly dude talking like he fin step into some gators with robin jeans and a jersey.... Nothing casual at all about the Jordan line period.... Too many angles,cuts,corners and curves funky colors outrageous Materials. Nothing casual bout nun
on the line.

Last edited:
Exactly dude talking like he fin step into some gators with robin jeans and a jersey.... Nothing casual at all about the Jordan line period.... Too many angles,cuts,corners and curves funky colors outrageous Materials. Nothing casual bout nun
on the line.
since when were gators casual? all im saying is that in my opinion 8s dont go well with tapered/fitted clothing. not in the way a shoe like the 1s do. not saying that sneakers like the 1s are somehow formal attire. not sure whats so hard to understand about that. bulky shoes like the 8s look better with relaxed looser fitting clothing (which im currently not wearing hence why my 8s arent getting much wear). Yall are acting like im trying to turn jordans into dress shoes.

if yall are dressing like this, by all means, do your thing. but i stand by my point. 8s are too casual for lots of non formal outfits, and dont go well with tapered slim pants. 1s would look better in both cases below. not because of color but because of shape and size. @vintageog7  maybe if youre dealing shoes like son of mars or other shoes that go out of their way to include obnoxious colors but most retro jordan, especially OG colorways were mostly simple silhouettes with simple neutral color blockings (white,black, red, grey).

Last edited:
since when were gators casual? all im saying is that in my opinion 8s dont go well with tapered/fitted clothing. not in the way a shoe like the 1s do. not saying that sneakers like the 1s are somehow formal attire. not sure whats so hard to understand about that. bulky shoes like the 8s look better with relaxed looser fitting clothing (which im currently not wearing hence why my 8s arent getting much wear). Yall are acting like im trying to turn jordans into dress shoes.

if yall are dressing like this, by all means, do your thing. but i stand by my point. 8s are too casual for lots of non formal outfits, and dont go well with tapered slim pants. 1s would look better in both cases below. not because of color but because of shape and size. @vintageog7
 maybe if youre dealing shoes like son of mars or other shoes that go out of their way to include obnoxious colors but most retro jordan, especially OG colorways were mostly simple silhouettes with simple neutral color blockings (white,black, red, grey).
View media item 1631176
View media item 1631185

Never said gators were casual. That part of my reply was on sum dumb [emoji]128169[/emoji]. U kno sarcasm. Oan once you pass IV colors are being thrown atcha like grape,aqua,Bordeaux,... You figg@hdealme.....

Last edited:
Never said gators were casual. That part of my reply was on sum dumb [emoji]128169[/emoji]. U kno sarcasm. Oan once you pass IV colors are being thrown atcha like grape,aqua,Bordeaux,... You figg@hdealme.....

I get what you're saying but those grape Aqua colors are in the minority even when you get passed 4s and 5s

For me 8s are the 2nd best Hatfield design off all time, 3s are #1,13s #3.

Not sure why they aint hitting with the new gen., but its cool by me all the same. Makes em easier to grab when they drop a c/w that appeals to me.

The Aquas and Chromes dont fit that easy script , theyre gone quicker than the average Retro upon release.

I'm pretty much retired from Retro Js. That being said, I need to freshen up my Aquas.
Memory Lane, 1993 - I was a freshman in HS and wearing Aquas the day I got my first piece of ace.
:nerd:
(side note: i didn't like playing ball in these due to the weight, but i adore this CW - Easily my favorite VIII)

I think when it comes to the 8's, let's be clear and real with ourselves the Aqua's, Play-offs, and Chrome 8's will NOT be sitting on shelves. No matter how "unpopular" people are saying the 8's are. I just don't see those three sitting on anyone's shelves. I happen to like the 8's myself, they look best in the fall/winter time with jeans.

I think when it comes to the 8's, let's be clear and real with ourselves the Aqua's, Play-offs, and Chrome 8's will NOT be sitting on shelves. No matter how "unpopular" people are saying the 8's are. I just don't see those three sitting on anyone's shelves. I happen to like the 8's myself, they look best in the fall/winter time with jeans.
i guess we'll see when they drop. in my area the plays offs sat and so did the bugs bunnys and pheonix suns. for whatever love for the 8s just skipped this generation. regardless ill be copping the chromes if they do a good job with them

^Yeah, the last three 8's didn't sell out instantly. So i'm not sure what's going to be different now that the price is higher. Aquas now, I think there's zero chance those sit, depending on just how big a GR they are. Because those are the most popular 8's by far, with the colorway itself beign highly desired and appreciated. Unless they're limited though, I see the Threepeats sitting. Chromes could then go either way in my opinion, but i'd bet on them sitting too.

If y'all define sitting as not selling out within 3 hours then yes they'll all sit but by Tuesday the chromes and aquas will be long gone, 3 peats might still be available for a few weeks like all those 14s from the last couple years

If y'all define sitting as not selling out within 3 hours then yes they'll all sit but by Tuesday the chromes and aquas will be long gone, 3 peats might still be available for a few weeks like all those 14s from the last couple years
the last 3 8s were all available in store in my area for far longer than 3 days. especially the bugs bunnys and pheonix suns

the last 3 8s were all available in store in my area for far longer than 3 days. especially the bugs bunnys and pheonix suns

This...Got my "Sun's" pair something like three weeks after they dropped...Still had my size in the White / Red's at that time but passed just because of the leather quality...

Playoff's were still available out here in Vegas a while after release as well...Purchased two pairs at HOH the weekend after the release and they still had most sizes up for grabs...

This...Got my "Sun's" pair something like three weeks after they dropped...Still had my size in the White / Red's at that time but passed just because of the leather quality...

Playoff's were still available out here in Vegas a while after release as well...Purchased two pairs at HOH the weekend after the release and they still had most sizes up for grabs...
I think this will be different. From what I'm seeing, this is the most popular retro 8. Plus you'll have the holiday factor included. With that said, it may depend on what else drops around the holiday. I could see them each to obtain if there are multiple 11s coming out.

Back
Top Bottom