IMG_6128.jpeg
IMG_6127.jpeg
IMG_6126.jpeg
2007 retro sold very well because of this man bere

All the hypebeasts was on these hard.
I had them Jordan shorts Don C got on back then… 💨

in on the 25 joints…

13000632574_dcdb0af2f3_b.jpg

In respect to aquamanjay aquamanjay , as this was his avy for some time, I hope this next release puts the curve back into the heel area like the 93. Along with a higher paintbrush graphic plate. Everything about the 2015 was spot on except these two details.
The purple in the graphic plate is too light also in comparison to the midsole on the 2015. So there is plenty for JB to improve here.

Last edited:
Put the same exact Black Leather that was used on the Reimagined 4,s, on these 2025,s Aqua's, and I would cop a few pairs of these. If it's the exact same as the 2015,s with small miner changes in the details, like glow in the dark outlines like the metallic 5,s are going to have. Then i might cop one pair.

Getting the same release, with no significant change to detail, isn't exciting to me anymore. Because at this rate, we're all buying the same exact shoes over and over. This is why significant changes like the reimagined 3,s and 4,s had, made me a little bit more interested in those releases. It's not so bad of a release, because they made improvements in the shapes, but they're totally different from the originals, with either the color change or material change.

Those releases will be a big deal a few years from now, especially if they never re-release any of the reimagined retros. Then everybody will claim that those are their favorite releases, simply because they wont ever retro, or nobody will know if they will 10 to 20 years from now.

Going to be hard to top the 2015.. I hated the Playoffs and skipped. 2015 had a way of being better than the 07 and not being excessively clunky. I'm mega selective with VIIIs and these'll have to be an 11/10 for me to cop :lol:

Only way I pass is if they change up materials, obviously I’d prefer true to OG but 2023 Playoffs were good enough for me, if they use the same mold and give us the 2015 colors/glitter I’ll be satisfied with a pair. OG box is a given, a card would be a nice addition.

Anybody mentioning these being reimagined or any of that nonsense needs to stop. Stop it right now. Stop it yesterday lol. I’m in for these 100% but I do agree with an earlier post that the OG Bugs Bunnies would have been an equally as nice return to see. . . Hopefully while these dudes in charge are in panic mode, we may see them sooner rather than later as well but I’m hype to see these too IN THEIR OG FORM NO LESS.

Weirdly enough, I feel like we’ve come full circle with this 2025 release. I know it’s popular to hate on sneaker YouTubers nowadays but this dude was spot on with this sketch back then lol:

If they do these like the did recent playoff 8 then I might pass too. They ruined the playoffs by not using the same material as the 2015 aquas which came with the grey lines. Playoffs were all blacked out which I hate.
I love my pairs and don't regret doubling up, but without a doubt, the '23 Playoffs were a step back from the '15 Aquas, which is wild considering that JB/Nike has been doing pretty well lately with improving silhouettes over time. They didn't fix the issues that the '15 Aquas had (e.g., inner bootie needing to be taller, pull tab needing to be a little larger and longer, heel needing a sharper V-shape, etc) and instead made more mistakes on top of those issues. The heel stands straight up in the back with no curve/slant toward the toe, the toe box itself is too slanted, and the upper should have been completely monotone and used the exact same nu-durabuck/synthetic nubuck(?) that the '15 Aqua 8s used.

If, by some chance, they couldn't recreate the OG cracked texture look on that material, I'd have been fine without it. At least the upper would have been mostly perfect. Then there's the two-tone contrast issue that the upper has which stands out when viewed up close. It's also why even when adding more contrast to the cut lines, they look better yet at the same time kinda odd. The OGs were completely black, so the contrast provided by the bright cut lines looked better.
1000007578.jpg
20231001_143906.jpg
pixlr_20240710234158378.jpg
20231001_143947.jpg

The 2023 release was a solid 7/10 imo but it's a huge step back from the 9/10 release that was the 2015 Aqua 8s.

Back
Top Bottom