Aquamanjay tribute- wear your Aqua VIII’s 6/22/23 - #AquaJayDay

#NTFam #RIP

IMG_20151120_135839.jpg
Damn nice

Damn. His last post in the Jordan 6 thread was truth. I appreciate all I have but it can all just be gone tomorrow. We miss you man. Him and I chopped it up couple times in the pm and like many others here...i always appreciated homies passion for the sneakers we all love. May GOD bless your family with fond memories and help them ease the pain of losing their beloved son.
Capture+_2019-05-29-08-49-29.png

Jalen Anthony Law, 25, passed away on Thursday, March 28, 2019. He was born in Silver Spring, MD on June 22, 1993. He attended school in Silver Spring, Maryland and later graduated from Morehouse College in May of 2016. He graduated with honors and obtained a Bachelor of Art in English. At Morehouse College, he was an editor of the Maroon Tiger and was also the campus videographer, and photographer. During his freshman and junior year at Morehouse College, he was featured as being Man of the Year for his stylish dress and various campus activities. He was currently employed by Montgomery County Public Schools as a part-time teacher.
R.I.P. @Aquamanjay_
Aye, I'm in Mont Cnty.
Didn't know yo!! Wow! Blessup to all he held dear!
20190626_073927.jpg

This thread turned into something really special :nthat::nthat::nthat:
For a little while recently I kinda stayed away from Niketalk because @Aquamanjay_ ’s passing bothered me more then I realized. I use Niketalk as a getaway from the real world, where I can come and forget about issues in my life and just talk about shoes and have some fun. But finding out about him passing injected some realty into my internet getaway. But seeing this thread and all the people That didn’t even know him in real life show compassion, for a stranger they may have talked to on the internet is very touching. And has brought back my happiness to be on such an amazing website! Good people still exist and a lot of them are right here on Niketalk.
Thanks fam, all of you. :nthat:
I know there’s no way this could ever heal the loss his family has to deal with but I hope in some little way this thread could help.

This thread turned into something really special :nthat::nthat::nthat:
For a little while recently I kinda stayed away from Niketalk because @Aquamanjay_ ’s passing bothered me more then I realized. I use Niketalk as a getaway from the real world, where I can come and forget about issues in my life and just talk about shoes and have some fun. But finding out about him passing injected some realty into my internet getaway. But seeing this thread and all the people That didn’t even know him in real life show compassion, for a stranger they may have talked to on the internet is very touching. And has brought back my happiness to be on such an amazing website! Good people still exist and a lot of them are right here on Niketalk.
Thanks fam, all of you. :nthat:
I know there’s no way this could ever heal the loss his family has to deal with but I hope in some little way this thread could help.
It's always tough when the "realness" of a situation can suck the fun out of a room (or message board), but as an all encompassing whole, I agree with your sentiment. I never knew @Aquamanjay_ and I never even had a PM or IG discussion with him, BUT I did greatly appreciate what he brought to this forum and to the culture as a whole. Some might see it as small and frivolous because at the end of the day it's a First World hobby, but when a stranger can bring a bunch of other strangers together, to give their respects to someone who made them think, smile, argue, or appreciate this hobby more with his "personality"...then that's about as real an impact as one person can hope to have. It's unfortunate that it took his passing for this to happen, but the fact that we're able to discuss this hobby in any capacity at this level is a gift for sure in this day and age, and as silly as it might be, I appreciate all you you guys

He and I had some serious discussions. Some good some not so good. But still we would pm back and forth about the shoe we wanted and why. He personally was responsible for me buying a pair of 2014 White infa with a few pics he sent me comparing to the original from a SC mag. No regrets there btw. What I found so cool about him was you could argue to hell with him, disagree, and still he was cool after it all holding really no grudge at all.
When people would bag on him, he would ask me why they doing this to me? I would say, because you act like you know everything and you come off as a snob. For real, I told him that. His response, was he really dont want people to think that more than he was an obsessive researcher that wanted to get to the conclusion of the discussion. I couldnt help but respect that.
One night I was so pissed at him, but when I really thought about what he was trying to say on certain thread, I was cool with it. He was one of those dudes that always wanted to prove his case. With pics among pics among pics lol. But overall, I loved it. It was discussion about Jordans shoes. He genuinely wanted true discussions. That was so awesome.

yea we all want to be right on the internet. nobody is innocent of that but we got to realize that this shoe forum is nothing compared to reality. there is an actual human being behind that computer screen/phone. Somebody with real feelings and a heart. we are all that somebody. we can argue about shoes all day on niketalk but at the end of the day we all brothers here and we all got each others backs. we dont need to get personal and ugly with one other. theres too much of that ugliness in the real world.

rest in peace again to our niketalker brother aquamanjay as well as all the rest of our fallen brothers over the years some that we dont even know have passed. all love

yea we all want to be right on the internet. nobody is innocent of that but we got to realize that this shoe forum is nothing compared to reality. there is an actual human being behind that computer screen/phone. Somebody with real feelings and a heart. we are all that somebody. we can argue about shoes all day on niketalk but at the end of the day we all brothers here and we all got each others backs. we dont need to get personal and ugly with one other. theres too much of that ugliness in the real world.

rest in peace again to our niketalker brother aquamanjay as well as all the rest of our fallen brothers over the years some that we dont even know have passed. all love
:pimp:

I still remember my moms buying me the ogs for my bday

My bday is in feb and jordan releases use to fall on that month

This was back when we got like 3 or 4 jordan releases a year lol

Yup, the good old days, and u didnt have to really worry about them selling out. It usually took them at least a few weeks until they ran out, and even then they usually got multiple shipments at least until the next color was going to drop. This might have changed when the 9’s came out though.

Yup, the good old days, and u didnt have to really worry about them selling out. It usually took them at least a few weeks until they ran out, and even then they usually got multiple shipments at least until the next color was going to drop. This might have changed when the 9’s came out though.

They definitely didn’t sell out. I remember getting these OG’s and a few others at Nike outlet :smokin

Full circle, ended picking these 2015’s up 22 years later at the Nike outlet

Last edited:
They definitely didn’t sell out. I remember getting these OG’s and a few others at Nike outlet :smokin

Full circle, ended picking these 2015’s up 22 years later at the Nike outlet

I fought myself against picking up the Aquas back then because my 07's are almost perfect. Now I'm trying to move the 07's to get them.. smh.

Back
Top Bottom