Aquamanjay tribute- wear your Aqua VIII’s 6/22/23 - #AquaJayDay

I always enjoyed his posts. I have been meaning to get a pair of Aquas for months now, this is the sign I needed to get a pair this week and rock them on the 22nd in his memory.

I really enjoyed @Aquamanjay_ 's posts, especially leading up to this year's black Infrared 6 drop. This was one of his posts that made me laugh...

tonytobacco and rainking: So today we have the concept art for the Air Jordan 3 Fire Red retro. We got a few Pantones for the red and the grey that almost close match the 88 from the dna lab, we got some nice tumbled genuine and synthetic leather swatches, and new sketches for a new 3 mold to be sent to factories. All we need is your approval so we can get a trial sample made.

Gentry: Get the F*** out.

Thanks, @Aquamanjay_, you definitely won't be forgotten. You contributed a lot here and I'm appreciative.

Having been on these forums for so long, it takes a very particular individual to catch my eye in reading through so many posts on a daily basis. Coming back to NT a little more regularly the last year @Aquamanjay_ was that guy. I think I first started paying attention to his posts in the Infrared 6 thread and I just kept thinking...damn who is this guy? Always tried to be extra informative, tons of pics and comparisons, very detailed, had a deft handling of the history, and low key would get some of ya'll riled up...lol. I thought he was an "industry" guy like some of the cats that have passed through NT over the years. Then to see his IG and just see more of his posts here in general that he was a younger cat and genuinely just LOVED kicks. This made me smile, and having never met him or even really having any conversation with him online, it was just so refreshing to see a relative new guy, armed with passion AND information, and not just hype. It's kinda silly because it's just shoes/a hobby, but I felt like he was on here and posting for all the right reasons. It's very sad to have read some of his "i'll be taking a break posts" a few months back, and now not knowing if he was dealing with his health or other issues. Death is always untimely, but more so when the person in question still had so much life ahead of them, and to know that he might have brought joy to some of us reading his posts on here makes it a bit more difficult. I might have to buy a pair of Aqua's just for the 22nd (I had the OG in 8th grade) but it would be worth it. Always wear your kicks kids, your time is always unknown, but be grateful we are all afforded the chance to be here and talking about stuff we love and continuing to be a real community and helping one another. As JRepp23 JRepp23 mentioned earlier, even if it's the smallest sliver of happiness, maybe it would be comforting to his family to know that he was "loved" in our community. Peace. <3
Great post. Lurker for several years, member for just a few though. The one thing that caught my attention being an older guy here was this young guy that spent so much time and research on all these original Jordan shoes. To have a guy that young be as intrigued with not only the J itself but the history behind it I always thought was really cool. Loved his posts. They always had good content. He started to get sick and said it with quickness. He wasnt trying to get attention for that. I just thought he was going to be fine. I would pm him from time to time and he would seem positive. Saying he was too young to quit and give in. Damn you guys on here are great for what your doing here. ALL IN for @Aquamanjay_ day though.:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

It’s crazy. You rarely meet people face to face off these forums but they still hold some impact on your life. I didn’t know him personally but his screen name will pop up on the threads and would give solid info on kicks. @Aquamanjay_ you were a knowledgeable sneaker head which is commendable in this era of hypebeast, resellers and IG flexors. Sad to see a brother who looks so young and full of life gone too soon. Like someone said, it puts things in perspective. Ima look after my health a little bit more closely too. We checking out too early. Too early. Anyways I got my pair of 2015 aqua 8s on deck and June 22nd is a Saturday so I can mos def rock them in honor of Jalen.

RIP fellow sneaker head

The worst part about the Aquas is my girl bought them for me for Christmas in 2015, and I sold them. So not only would it be a disappointment to her, but most of all a disappointment to AquamanJay, smh at myself.

While the aquas def hold value to the reasoning behind this thread, its the black infra 6 shoe, the last shoe he was able to get I think. He loved them. We talked a lot about it. He was soo much looking forward to that release. That I believe was the last pair he got. Just adding.

I don’t own any 8’s so I can’t contribute that way, but I know he really liked the IR6’s and BC4’s so I prolly bust out one of those that day

My first pair of jordans I bought myself, definitely rocking them in tribute for a fellow NTer

RIP

Like some others have said, I don't post much but I can definitely do my part and rock my pair as well.

Long time lurker here since 2005 but recent member. I always enjoyed reading his posts. Good in depth information. Kind of puts things in perspective on a sneaker forum when you see posts that someone wasn't able to cop a shoe and is genuinely upset when there's more to life than shoes. In the end, we can't take those things with us but we can enjoy them while we are still here. RIP @aquamanjay

Pulled the trigger last Wednesday and then found out about homies passing on Saturday :smh:

20190529_082500.jpg

Will rock them on the 22nd in honor

RIP AquamanJay

Back
Top Bottom