Are foamposite "played out" ?

It's not even the price. Think about it. I was copping foams at 180 when Jordan's were 100-115.

If you look at it with jays being 175-200 foams should be costing 260+

The problem is all these fruity candy color foams. Foams us to be a staple of rugged durable kicks. Not anymore :smh:

I'll stick with what I have, **** all the new colorway... weatherman? Camo? Pink? Fighter Jets? come on now...

They're played out to me, but Nike will continue to come out with colorways as long as kids stay copping on RD at $220.

Well nike figures since their idiot customers would wear anything as long as its limited. They can do whatever they want. They can probably draw a bunch of weeners on the shoe and only release a 100 pairs and people would probably kill each other for those just cause their so limited, the point I am trying to make is as long as the shoe is limited or hyped up customers will go crazy for them. 

Last edited:
It's not even the price. Think about it. I was copping foams at 180 when Jordan's were 100-115.

If you look at it with jays being 175-200 foams should be costing 260+

The problem is all these fruity candy color foams. Foams us to be a staple of rugged durable kicks. Not anymore :smh:

This, and now since the galaxy them slapping corny SB gimmicks on foams

those termals
sick.gif
,  will def help kill em for people. an those weathermans. i like the weathermans, but not for $250
mean.gif

Yo OP,

to answer your question, Yes, foams are played out. so sell me your size 11-11.5 foams :lol: j/k mods

honestly tho, these upcoming foams are hideous and a slap in the face to one of the most iconic silhouettes nikes produced.

foamposites will never get played out. air forces on the other hand have. especially in ny.

Classics never get played out.

I've said it a million times - the Foamposite is not an all time great Nike shoe. It's a classic, but it doesn't make the 5-headed Nike Mt. Rushmore of models.

The true, true classic silhouettes, exlcuding JB, are - AF1s (highs and lows), Dunks, including SBs (highs and lows), AM1, AM90, AM95. These are the shoes for which you can produce seemingly endless awesome CWs, and even mix up the colorblocking and make multiple good iterations of a single color pallet .

Foams are in the next tier, with shoes like the Flight 89, SC Trainer, Griffey 1,etc. They're dope, and a lot can be done with them, but they are not eternal and infinite like the true classic silhouettes. A big problem is that there aren't enough distinct elements of the upper to develop alternate colorblockings that work. For this reason, after exhausting standard primary colors (and there are a few bullets yet to be fired here), Nike is forced to experiment with patterns or finishes to extend the creative lifespan of the Foamposite design. There just isn't enough there to support endless design iterations.

I'm not taking anything away from the shoe, but the Foamposite will never be in the same class as the AF1 in terms of history, iconography, etc. The 5 shoes I mentioned above were able to survive for years with multiple CW releases basically every month. Foams just can't support that level of whoaring.

Last edited:
Well put, Foams will be played out in a year
I think the real litmus test is the thermal heat map foams coming up. I think everyone here believe it to be the worst colorway ever (and gross) with early nicknames being the tamposite, maxiposite, etc. If this gross thing sells out in a flash, then they are still hot. If it becomes the first foam to just sit on ndc. Then it's the beginning of the end.

they are kinda played out imo..

if they were cheaper i think people would go after them easier. whenever i am thinking to buy some foams, i think of 2 pairs of lets say air jordan 1s..and i remove the foams from the list..every time..the only pair i paid was the nrg(galaxies)

I think the real litmus test is the thermal heat map foams coming up. I think everyone here believe it to be the worst colorway ever (and gross) with early nicknames being the tamposite, maxiposite, etc. If this gross thing sells out in a flash, then they are still hot. If it becomes the first foam to just sit on ndc. Then it's the beginning of the end.
than u should be prepared for a sell out... once nike says that little L word than they will not have any problem moving those kix

in so cal if anything. they are not hyped... I see east coast foams move a lot more than west

Played out, over saturated....same thing in my book.

And they are very much played out at this point.

I love the shoe but I'ts officially dead to me until the Nike stops whoring em out, the hype dies down and Nike goes back to catering to the core that made them a hit after they sat on shelves when they first dropped.

I'm old enough to remember when the OG Foams dropped and people thought they were the ugliest sneaker ever and ridiculously overpriced. Only a selected few fly cats rocked em, while the younger Nike heads and Penny fans lusted over them. When they first began retroing Foams, those fashion forward fly cats and the dudes a little younger then them (now in their early/mid 20's) were the ones that copped, turned it into a cult classic and helped make them into a mainstream craze. Now Nike is cashing in like they always do, with no regards to what made the product beloved in the first place.

Shell Toes, Uptowns, 6 inch Tims, all timeless classics but at some point they all became played out.

When the hype died down, companies stopped OD'ing on colorways and went back to the basics that created the core following....these lines gained back their respectability and "cool factor".

I'm waiting for that to happen to Foams, cause right now they're dead in my eyes.

:x :x :x

Straight up looking like Kotex.

Last edited:
Uptowns , shell toes and Timbs are classics. And classics never die. Just the hype died down, but u will always see them in stores

Back
Top Bottom