Are Jordans wearable in games?

Originally Posted by SoSickening

How are the retro Playoff XIII in ball?

BAD.very very stiff.and you'll have a hard time running and chasing your guy on defense regardless if your playing in a clean or dusty/moist wooden court.you'll slip all the time.traction is sub-par. well that's what i've experienced while using them
tired.gif
(white/reds and playoffs).don't know when it comes to outdoor playing though. hth!

THANKS RED

I used to ball in every one of my retros in high school , theyre all solid and the older models hold up fine, one of my favorite shoes all time to play in were the black cool grey iv from 99 oved those things, also played in the mocha iii alot during summer league aau, now that I'm grown though I preserve the retroes for casual wear and have a pair of flight 45's that I ball in they've held up good thus far, I know alot of people here love kobes to play in but they just come across to flimsy for me , just my opinion

I balled in my 21's lows and man my feet were killing me but I also balled in my 01 black/red 11's and I didn't feel a thing

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by ORSRT8

Originally Posted by trappedintime

There are better options out there with 2010+ technology, but everything else you said is just flat out false. Who is this WE that are physically bigger than guys playing basketball in the 80's? Who is this WE that are so much stronger, faster, quicker than in the 80's? This is just a load of crap, even when you extend it to the pro level in most regards. But at any amateur level, you want to say that amateurs are so much better that they NEED/REQUIRE shoes that the best player ever used for most of his career? Give me a break, this is one of the dumbest things I've read.
eyes.gif

The average high school kid today, is bigger than a kid was in the 80's when the first few J's came out . Even early 90's. When it comes to sports, the athletes in general are bigger, stronger and faster than they were 20 years ago. That's a fact. So why would I wear something that is 20 years older and performance wise is inferior to what is out today? Even at a amateur level. I require a shoe thats gonna feel good on my feet and lessen my chances of injury. I love the early J's. 1's- 6's specifically. But in reality the feel like bricks when it comes to performance. I'll take Zoom Air any day of the week over that.
That's not a fact at all. You couldn't back that up with any statistics or data to support anything you're saying. Weight training became a more important part at the high school level in the '70's. If you want to go back 40-50 years, you might find some data to support your argument. However, this is a ridiculous misconception, just like people who claim that today's NBA players are more talented or gifted than those of decades past.  I volunteer my time with high school students (and I'm 26); a decade later are these kids physically different than the kids were when I was playing at their age? Not at all. The fact that there's better technology available has nothing to do with the needs of athletes today versus the needs of those 10, 20 or 30 years ago. A 6'6 shooting guard today has the same needs as Jordan did.  It just speaks to the times we live in, and advances in materials and footwear design, not the athletes. Feel free to provide some stats or facts to dispute, but you can't call your opinions facts and expect to be taken seriously.

I'm not talking about a decade ago. Shoot, 2001 seems like just the other day to me... We're talking about 20 years almost 30 (when the first few Jordan's came out) Take a look at football. You got bigger and faster linebackers and D-ends running ridiculous 40 times for their size. So you seriously don't think that if basketball was played in shoes with 80's tech there wouldn't be more injuries or even more fatigue? I love the old sneaks but I've also had plantar fasciitis and the old shoes with minimal cushioning really wouldn't help with that.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

For $160 you can find a lot of better shoes to hoop in. Lebron, Kobes, Melo etc.

Technology is really outdated on any Jordan from 1-11. Even though 12-14 are great hoop shoes they can't be compare to today hoops shoes

I see dudes who rock retros, Penny, Air max, etc on the court and they look struggling to play ball.

Lebrons seem the most comfortable to play ball in

Originally Posted by ACGrizzy

Michael Jordan played in old Jordans and I think he did "ok"
laugh.gif
Remember that he also wore his old AJ 1 in MSG in 1998 the whole game and was again the top scorer!
MJ also wore the AJ 3 trueblues at the age of 38 many times too.

Originally Posted by bullsfan4life

Originally Posted by SoSickening

How are the retro Playoff XIII in ball?

BAD.very very stiff.and you'll have a hard time running and chasing your guy on defense regardless if your playing in a clean or dusty/moist wooden court.you'll slip all the time.traction is sub-par. well that's what i've experienced while using them
tired.gif
(white/reds and playoffs).don't know when it comes to outdoor playing though. hth!

THANKS RED
agree

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

laugh.gif
Remember that he also wore his old AJ 1 in MSG in 1998 the whole game and was again the top scorer!
But people also need to realize IT'S HIS SHOES. They design for his game and mold after his foot shape so of course the shoes always work in his favor

The tech and design are for a different era .I would not wear any retros to ball-in yea jordan played well in them he was jordan ! Us normal people are not , best to play in some brons, kobes or other nike basketball shoe . Save the j's to turn heads off the court

i got no problems with the og 16s and 23s
when it comes to retros the 8s and 12s are aight with me..
and you cant beat the og crazy 8s too..

I've balled in my cool grey 11s a few times.

Traction is terrible is the courts aint clean though. When I balled in a semi-dusty court, i was slipping all over the place and couldn't even make a decent jump stop without sliding a couple centimeters forward smh.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

laugh.gif
But people also need to realize IT'S HIS SHOES. They design for his game and mold after his foot shape so of course the shoes always work in his favor

Those old AJ 1's MJ wore in MSG in 98' were sneakers he had in his closet way back from 1985. He even says so after the game which can easily be found on YouTube to commemorate his first and last appearance as a Bull in MSG....so it's not exactly like Nike threw him some new "re-designed" Jordan 1's....

Jordan said after that game, that his feet were killin him because they were a .5 size smaller than what he wore at the time (1998)....but at least they were 1 game wearable.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eltouha

you really can't go wrong with 12's. they are still tanks.

Yes they are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I would do it just so i can look good in the school bb pictures they take of me
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom