Are L.T. and Drew Brees the best 1 and 2 draft picks by a team in NFL history?

I really can't think of a team that has produced the caliber of player that L.T. and Brees are with their top two picks. The Chargers in the 2000 draft couldn't have hit the nail on the head any better than they did with their first two picks.

Are there two players in the same draft class by a team that comparable to these two? I doubt we'll be able to consecutive picks better than these so lets stick to two in the same class.

I really can't think of a team that has produced the caliber of player that L.T. and Brees are with their top two picks. The Chargers in the 2000 draft couldn't have hit the nail on the head any better than they did with their first two picks.

Are there two players in the same draft class by a team that comparable to these two? I doubt we'll be able to consecutive picks better than these so lets stick to two in the same class.

Steelers 1974- Lynn Swann and Jack Lambert in the 1st and 2nd rounds and then John Stallworth for their next pick (4th round).

Steelers 1974- Lynn Swann and Jack Lambert in the 1st and 2nd rounds and then John Stallworth for their next pick (4th round).

chargers are idiots for not winning a superbowl with those two guys on the team. and this coming from a chargers fan. brees wasn't considered a top 5 qb back then, now he's top 3.

chargers are idiots for not winning a superbowl with those two guys on the team. and this coming from a chargers fan. brees wasn't considered a top 5 qb back then, now he's top 3.

Nice topic.

I was pretty happy with Jason Richardson and Gilbert Arenas in 2001.....but obviously not close to the level of what you posted. Will be interesting to see responses.

Nice topic.

I was pretty happy with Jason Richardson and Gilbert Arenas in 2001.....but obviously not close to the level of what you posted. Will be interesting to see responses.

Originally Posted by dland24

Nice topic.

NFL bro. That 2001 draft was nice overall though (JRich, Arenas, Murphy).

Nice topic.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Nice topic.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Sorry its getting late.  

Adrian Peterson and Sidney Rice is a nice draft.  So was Michael Irvin and Ken Norton Jr.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Nice topic.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Sorry its getting late.  

Adrian Peterson and Sidney Rice is a nice draft.  So was Michael Irvin and Ken Norton Jr.

But Drew Brees wasn't the Drew Brees he is today in San Diego. He had good years, but he really didn't become elite until he hit NO.

Especially after that injury.

But Drew Brees wasn't the Drew Brees he is today in San Diego. He had good years, but he really didn't become elite until he hit NO.

Originally Posted by AG 47

This. We saw flashes of NO Drew Brees during the miracle reverse 12-4 season in 2004. Came back to reality in 05 and got injured. The rest is history.

Originally Posted by AG 47

This. We saw flashes of NO Drew Brees during the miracle reverse 12-4 season in 2004. Came back to reality in 05 and got injured. The rest is history.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

They were essentially traded for Mike Vick, is that correct?

Yea.....

Cards drafted in 2004 rounds 1, 2, and 3

Larry Fitzgerald
Karlos Dansby
Darnell Dockett

Ravens got Ogden and Ray Lewis with their first two picks in 96

Bucs got Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks in 95

So no. Its not even close unless you count post San Diego Drew Brees

Back
Top Bottom