Are lakes REALLY shark free? Vol. What your parents told ya

Ok so I know I'm not the only one.. but when I was told as a kid that there weren't sharks in the lake, I believed it. Now I'm not too sure. I know salt water sharks couldn't survive because lakes have fresh water. But aren't there fresh water sharks that could be roaming in lakes? Let's not just stop at sharks.. are there any dangerous fish? ie. angler fish, huge 7 foot long catfish, eels, etc.
indifferent.gif
 Next time I'm out there doin stop and go on the wave runner I'm gonna be thinking twice about goin too hard and falling in 
roll.gif
 .. I just don't like not knowing what's under me... what do you guys think? 

Ok so I know I'm not the only one.. but when I was told as a kid that there weren't sharks in the lake, I believed it. Now I'm not too sure. I know salt water sharks couldn't survive because lakes have fresh water. But aren't there fresh water sharks that could be roaming in lakes? Let's not just stop at sharks.. are there any dangerous fish? ie. angler fish, huge 7 foot long catfish, eels, etc.
indifferent.gif
 Next time I'm out there doin stop and go on the wave runner I'm gonna be thinking twice about goin too hard and falling in 
roll.gif
 .. I just don't like not knowing what's under me... what do you guys think? 

same when i got tubing or wakeboarding im trying to get out the water and on the boat as fast as i can. i always be thinkin the seaweed are snakes and i aint about snakes

same when i got tubing or wakeboarding im trying to get out the water and on the boat as fast as i can. i always be thinkin the seaweed are snakes and i aint about snakes

OPs post got me 
laugh.gif

"I just don't like not knowing what's under me"

im terrified of open water for this very reason. 

OPs post got me 
laugh.gif

"I just don't like not knowing what's under me"

im terrified of open water for this very reason. 

Originally Posted by JKomorowski09

Lol i do the same thing bro, if i fly off the jetski I'm rushin to get back on with a quickness, hearin the Jaws theme play out in my mind 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by JKomorowski09

Lol i do the same thing bro, if i fly off the jetski I'm rushin to get back on with a quickness, hearin the Jaws theme play out in my mind 
indifferent.gif

I was watching River Monsters and man I don't ever plan on swimming in nothing but a pool lol
catch-bull-shark-205x110.jpg

alligator-gar-324x205.jpg

goliath-tigerfish-324x205.jpg

I was watching River Monsters and man I don't ever plan on swimming in nothing but a pool lol
catch-bull-shark-205x110.jpg

alligator-gar-324x205.jpg

goliath-tigerfish-324x205.jpg

Bull sharks can be in fresh waters

Bull-shark.jpg

" They have even been known to travel as far up as Indiana in the Ohio River and Illinois in the Mississippi River, although there have been few recorded attacks. As a result, they are probably responsible for the majority of near-shore shark attacks, including many attacks attributed to other species.[1] However, bull sharks are not true freshwater sharks (unlike the river sharks of the genus Glyphis)."

they grow up to 11 feet

Bull sharks can be in fresh waters

Bull-shark.jpg

" They have even been known to travel as far up as Indiana in the Ohio River and Illinois in the Mississippi River, although there have been few recorded attacks. As a result, they are probably responsible for the majority of near-shore shark attacks, including many attacks attributed to other species.[1] However, bull sharks are not true freshwater sharks (unlike the river sharks of the genus Glyphis)."

they grow up to 11 feet

Back
Top Bottom