Are Middle Eastern, Russian, and Indians asian?

The "Are Filipinos Asian?" topic has been beaten to death.  
sick.gif
  I don't really see the big deal wether or not you think you are "Asian" or a "Pacific Islander"...I'm Filipino if that matters.  
But I asked this question on the other thread, but I didn't really get a response from anyone.  

So like the title "Are Middle Eastern, Russian, and Indians asian?"  What's your opinion on this NT?

you're a pacific islander, because you felt the need to separate yourself from the main thread.

Depends on what you mean by "Asian"..... if Asian, you mean from the continent of "Asia", then yes. If Asian you mean, people that look like Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan, then no....

How hard is it for you to Google a world map?

iNiNe5 wrote:
Depends on what you mean by "Asian"..... if Asian, you mean from the continent of "Asia", then yes. If Asian you mean, people that look like Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan, then no....

roll.gif

Are Indians Asian? I don't get how this is something you can have an opinion on, it's just a fact. India is in South East Asia and therefore, Indians are Asian.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

How hard is it for you to Google a world map?

I dont have to.  I already know what countries are in Asia.  I just understand why the "Are Filipino's Asian?" such a heated debate when the Philippines is right in the middle of Asia.  
eyes.gif

I don't ever see any Russians or people from the Middle East having this argument.  

iNiNe5 wrote:

What do people mean when people ask "are Filipino's Asian?"

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Not all of the Middle East or Russia are in Asia. As for Indians, obviously.

Try again. The entire Middle East is in Asia and (a majority) looking at the map, about 80% of Russia is in Asia
asnewzzz.gif

That map is wrong.

Egypt and other countries are widely considered part of the Middle East. Secondly, the vast majority of Russia's populace lies in Europe, including the capital city.
Terrible thread.

The western part of Russia is in Europe. Most of the country falls in Asia. India is in Asia.
Middle East is in Asia and also North Africa. This is #^@$% Geography 101. Pick up an atlas for christ's sake. 

Originally Posted by Heavily Weighted

The western part of Russia is in Europe. Most of the country falls in Asia. India is in Asia.
Middle East is in Asia and also North Africa. This is #^@$% Geography 101. Pick up an atlas for christ's sake. 

I already know that...like I said.  I just don't understand what's the big debate about "Are Filipino's Asian?" 
alien.gif

When it's no #^%$ the country is in Asia. 

tkthafm wrote:
That map is wrong.

Egypt and other countries are widely considered part of the Middle East. Secondly, the vast majority of Russia's populace lies in Europe, including the capital city.
Terrible thread.

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/me.htm

According to this Egypt is a part of Africa, not the middle east.  Culturally, egyptians are middle eastern...but geographically the country is the northern part of Africa.  I could be wrong though.  

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

Originally Posted by Heavily Weighted

I already know that...like I said.  I just don't understand what's the big debate about "Are Filipino's Asian?" 
alien.gif

When it's no #^%$ the country is in Asia. 

tkthafm wrote:
That map is wrong.

Terrible thread.
http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/me.htm

According to this Egypt is a part of Africa, not the middle east.  Culturally, egyptians are middle eastern...but geographically the country is the northern part of Africa.  I could be wrong though.  

Thanks, but I don't need a link to a "world atlas" to know Egypt is in the Middle East. 

Of course everyone already knows it is in the African continent geographically. You do know they are not mutually exclusive, right ?

From a typical european perspective: Russians are eastern Europeans, just like the people of all those other terrible countries over there to the east.

Residents of the countries in eastern europe and russia are considered as the same group, theyre all eastern europeans, so no russians arent considered asian, although some might be.

Technically speaking, Russia is on the Asian continent. Its just classified as Eastern Europe.
India is in South Asia
The middle East both in Asia and Africa (Egypt is in N. Africa but considered Middle East for some reason).

So yes

Back
Top Bottom