Are rappers causing women to be more materialistic? vol. Just throw it in the bag.

Just marry a rich guy and then you don't have to work
alien.gif
.It wouldbe nice if it was the other way around and I could get with ms berry, ms berry and she could hook me up
pimp.gif

Not just some rappers but for a long time now, Men have treated women as things instead of people.

Kinda. Alot of rappers' spending habits are really a product of merchandising and plain bad parenting
grin.gif
. Mom dukes used to always tell us to at leastact like we knew what having *!#@ felt like
laugh.gif
. These __s get a lil shine and start balling out of control. Of course these hood chicks look to them to setthe trends and *!#@, so they think that whatever a rapper is doing is what other __s should be on. I'll be damned if I throw my hard earned money in a club
laugh.gif
. Some *!#@ is just stupid
grin.gif
. But in the end, it's the fact that black people have gone without for so long (for the most part) that a lot of usdon't even know how to act when we finally make a lil dust . It ain't just rappers.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

the last thing any guy wants is a materialistic chick w. no funds of her own....
exactly! i don't want to be the only one working.

nothing i hate more then a chick with gold digger ambitions......

i was driving back from Ohio(yuck), Throw it in the bag came on and this chick started talkin bout how she needs a guy like that....then how she can get freeweed and drinks outta any dude, and how she never pays for dinner....i was laughing in my head thinkin of how this the 2nd time in the last 2 weeks i abusedher full tank of gas and her car when i got a perfectly good car sitting at home....and when check came at dinner, i told her i got the "next one"knowing damn well, her time is up by the weekend.

No, the society in the United States is causing everyone to be more materialistic. If you think about it, we're suppose to spend in this country. It'show our economy works and it's how we've acted for years. We generally import what the Japanese, Chinese, etc. exports. If you don't believe solook at the problems Japan's economy is facing and the large stimulus China gave out because of the decline in aggregate demand in the United States.We're not importing as much and it's affecting them.

Also, Obama and the rest of the government would prefer if we stopped saving and continued spending like it was pre-recession times. It would make their jobs alot easier (and the Treasury issuances run a lot smoother). In fact, the economic policy they've been using leads me to believe they just want to recreatean Alan Greenspan-type bubble so that we CAN spend like crazy.

Edit: Misread the OP, thought he meant everyone not just women. I still stand by ^. We're consumers in this country and we're constantly told we needthings we don't really need.

Originally Posted by eight2one

i was driving back from Ohio(yuck), Throw it in the bag came on and this chick started talkin bout how she needs a guy like that....then how she can get free weed and drinks outta any dude, and how she never pays for dinner....i was laughing in my head thinkin of how this the 2nd time in the last 2 weeks i abused her full tank of gas and her car when i got a perfectly good car sitting at home....and when check came at dinner, i told her i got the "next one" knowing damn well, her time is up by the weekend.
pimp.gif
My man

A sucker is born everyday

With that being said if you come off as a trick then you will treated as such. If a woman isn't down with Friday's(and thats a push) she want'sfour star resturants then just down mess with her. She has to earn lavish dining over time. And that throw it in the bag bs is for the birds. If you decide totrick your money off on the unstable ones that think that rap money is real life then thats your fault.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by eight2one

i was driving back from Ohio(yuck), Throw it in the bag came on and this chick started talkin bout how she needs a guy like that....then how she can get free weed and drinks outta any dude, and how she never pays for dinner....i was laughing in my head thinkin of how this the 2nd time in the last 2 weeks i abused her full tank of gas and her car when i got a perfectly good car sitting at home....and when check came at dinner, i told her i got the "next one" knowing damn well, her time is up by the weekend.
pimp.gif
My man

Co-sign
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by illwill8710

With that being said if you come off as a trick then you will treated as such. If a woman isn't down with Friday's(and thats a push) she want's four star resturants then just down mess with her. She has to earn lavish dining over time. And that throw it in the bag bs is for the birds. If you decide to trick your money off on the unstable ones that think that rap money is real life then thats your fault.

Qft

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

With that being said if you come off as a trick then you will treated as such. If a woman isn't down with Friday's(and thats a push) she want's four star resturants then just down mess with her. She has to earn lavish dining over time. And that throw it in the bag bs is for the birds. If you decide to trick your money off on the unstable ones that think that rap money is real life then thats your fault.

Qft

See the thing is, MANY dudes think spending a lot of $ on an undeserved female is a sign of RESPECT. It is fed to these dudes at early ages (MANYare products of single mothers and we know how these women CAN be very bitter (not all)). Hell I was told by someone that I didn't have respect for womenbecause I didn't give my seat up on the train to a 20 something year old female.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

See the thing is, MANY dudes think spending a lot of $ on an undeserved female is a sign of RESPECT. It is fed to these dudes at early ages (MANY are products of single mothers and we know how these women CAN be very bitter (not all)). Hell I was told by someone that I didn't have respect for women because I didn't give my seat up on the train to a 20 something year old female.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
at the train situation.

But I bet you that the female doesn't respect that dude that spends that money. The single mother thing is very true too. though i come from that too butmy mother put to the game way early so I wouldn't be caught out there without a clue about what young women without anything want from men who havesomething

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I blame pseudo Feminism.

SO TRUE!! Girls want equality when it benefits them, but want to revert to old school when it also benefits them. They want the same salary as men,independence like a man. But when that dinner check comes, or if you don't hold a door for them, or buy them that double sized, top shelfliquor......Please. Respect, whether male or female, is EARNED. And things get better over time...i.e. gifts, dinners, whatever really.

If your girl can't appreciate the 1 appetizer, 2 entree, and 1 dessert joint from Chili's for 20 bucks. Then drop that bird. If I aint got a coupon,then we aint going.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ICUP

If your girl can't appreciate the 1 appetizer, 2 entree, and 1 dessert joint from Chili's for 20 bucks. Then drop that bird. If I aint got a coupon, then we aint going.
smokin.gif

roll.gif
.....my dad clowns me all the time for using a gift card to Mongolianbbq that HE GAVE ME on a first date......
pimp.gif
no shame in my game.....$5 goesa long way when your hitting the dollar menu.....naw really, i hate when women feel entitled...i also hate a chick that has more money that aint holding herown weight.

Back
Top Bottom