Are we gonna do a week in review for week 16? Vol til Shoes gets here

Not tryna steal dude's trademark or anything, but it's monday, we all are waitin, just have the mods merge the topics when he gets here or somethin, hemight be on vacation or out of town for the holiday's. If he shows up soon, I'll edit the thread to something else and delete, no problem.

Chris Johnson will pass Eric Dickerson vs Seattle next week.

What the hell happened to Matt Hasselback?

S.D. is my super bowl sleeper pick this season.

Steve Jackson not playing probably ruined a million fantasy bowls, like it did mine.

Randy Moss sure catches a lot of touchdowns for a quitter.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Speaking of quit, NY Giants????
sick.gif

Pitt just won't die.

Dallas has done it, they are in the postseason, now we'll see if they can get a postseason win. Should be entertaining.

Tampa givin up a top 2 pick?
smh.gif

That TD by Steve Smith was incredible, Hines can't do that.
laugh.gif
Props to Steve for that play.

Not blocking Dwight Freeney at all.
roll.gif
roll.gif

I was ready to kill the Dolphins at halftime for quitting, but they came out and fought their @#$%$ off in the second half. That's all I can ask for. They failed, we let down, we choked, but we didn't quit. At least we have that.
All that said, what a wasted season we just had. 3 EXCRUCIATING losses that will keep us out of the playoffs.
tired.gif

Andre and Gore keep the Canes in the end zone every week in paint for Canes.

Giants lines have been dominated too much this season (O and D), they either need to fire the D coordinator or get some new personnel who will fit. PersonallyI'd just get rid of the coordinator cause this same group was dominant prior to him gettin' here. Get a safety first and foremost since Phillips is aquestion mark to return and go from there. Our receivers are fine.

Props to Tampa, the Saints secondary is very vulnerable.

Skins really need a better offensive coordinator, give Campbell some better protection and a stable system he'd do a lot better.

Carolina Steve Smith.
sick.gif

Pitt is done, though.

Colts are so @*#!%#! stupid its not even funny, they are going to ruin the damn thing and when they lose, everyone will point fingers to the Jets game.

All that matters to me is my Jets winning , even if it was handed to us on a silver platter. A W is a W. Plain and simple.

-LMAO!!!!! @ osi going off after the game

-
pimp.gif
@ Smitty for breaking his arm running dude over and still getting inthe end zone

-i dont care what the colts players say after the game, but manning and others where pissed the @%@% off when they got taken out.

S.D. is my super bowl sleeper pick this season.
thats a great sleeper pick since alot of people are picking them
eyes.gif

Why couldn't the Eagles/Cowboys been the flex game? Now I get to try to watch it on my bus ride back from NYC. Ugh....

-CHESTER!
roll.gif

-I said that NO peaked too early. Can I get a spot in QOTW?
-Again, Special Teams play is terrible in the NFL right now.
-If Urban Meyer's heart ain't right, how the hell is Rex Ryan still out there?
-SD and NE are smelling blood right now. The sharks are circling Indy...
-Jim Caldwell is pathetic. How can you play for that man? How?!
-Stokely.
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

-I know those dogs are barking, Donovan...
-Maualuga with a broken ankle. Huge loss for Cincy.
-First Aid!
-NYG, I'm disgusted.
-Osi already has his bags packed.
-If Tampa dumps Morris for Cowher, I'll be dissappointed in that franchise.
-Houston is my favorite perpetual 8-8 team.
-Get Matt Hasselbeck out of my NFL.
-NoSho, Massaquoi...
pimp.gif

-Please, Atlanta. Get the W next week so I never have to hear it again...

- My Eagles keep the streak rolling
pimp.gif
. 6 straight W's and no onestalking, I love it. Not without drama but still a decent victory seeing as though we led the whole game. Next week is gonna be a BATTLE, Dallas wants revengefor last season, I just want home field in the playoffs.

- Speaking of Dallas, the Skins suck. I'll leave it at that, Dallas should have scored way more than 17 points. Still not over .500 in December though sothe tradition still holds
laugh.gif

-
smh.gif
Jim Caldwell and Bill Polian are the idiots of the week for trying to rationalize benching Peyton Manning. They owe it to him to let him try forperfection. Caldwell hasn't made a real coaching move all season long and this is the one he chooses? The fans deserve better than that.

- Saints looking mighty ordinary, Cowboys and Eagles are salivating
happy.gif
. Iwouldn't be surprised if neither New Orleans or Minnesota make the NFC Championship game.

- Chargers can't be a sleeper pick, when there's only one team in the AFC who's better than them record wise. That old Vince Young creeped backaround
smh.gif
, I don't think CJ is breaking any records but hopefully he can get 2000.

- Bengals with a tough win yesterday, my man Esteban in the paint once again scoring the game winner
pimp.gif
. I still think that stale offense is gonna hurt themin the playoffs.

- Houston put a foot right on the Fins throat in the first half.
smh.gif
at that dude who was trying to "tackle" Jacoby Jones, that was horrible. JasonTaylor had a right to be pissed on the sideline. I hope the Texans make the playoffs because I think they could upset a team like New England as long as theweather isn't snowy.

- Ravens vs Steelers
smh.gif
I saw way too much of the officials on my TV screen yesterday. Derrick Mason with the EASY drop
frown.gif

- The New York Giants have no heart, pitiful way to close out the stadium. Matt Moore should be starting next season, there ain't no college QB that willcome in rookie year and do work next season.
sick.gif
at Steve Smith eatingMichael Johnsons hit and still scoring the TD. First Aid was just
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

My NFC Playoff thoughts: Here's to hoping the Bears beat the Vikings tonight
laugh.gif

AFC Playoff thoughts: I can't make any sense of the scenarios but I wanna see Houston and Baltimore in there

-Chester = 07 Pats

-Steve Smith is the toughest SOB in the NFL

-As much as I want someone to get a killshot on Miles Austin, he somehow ALWAYS avoids the big hit.

-The success of Ray Rice, Chris Johnson, and MJD will do wonders for the draft stock of guys like CJ Spiller, Best, etc...Smaller RB's CAN carry theworkload.

-Colts deserve every ounce of criticism(sp?) they get....there are going to be a A LOT of questions if they don't win their first playoff game. You couldtell by the faces of the guys on the sidelines that they were pissed.

-Please cut/trade that stupid POS Laron Landry...

-Am I the only one who thinks Osi will be with the Cowboys next season? He'll be with a division rival for sure, but I think he'll go to the Cowboyscause he's real close w. Ware.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

6 straight W's and no ones talking

Really?

Tell me about it...it's like when a Giant fan early in the season (When they were 5-0) came here talking about "We get no respect, keep sleepingblah blah blah"

laugh.gif

- Anyone thinking the Jets win next week, do not know the Jets.

- Cowboys i felt were better sans TO since they cut him. There's no way to prove it, and certainly they could use someone with his skills over RoyWilliams...but...over time, they have been better with less distractions. Roy can act and talk dumb, and nobody cares. TO does it and people care.

- As the decade is coming to an end, it pisses me off that Carolina never broke through and won a title.

- Hope there are no more questions about who the MVP belongs to.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

6 straight W's and no ones talking

Really?

Tell me about it...it's like when a Giant fan early in the season (When they were 5-0) came here talking about "We get no respect, keep sleeping blah blah blah"

laugh.gif

Yes really, I'm talking about people can't really criticize because we are playing well when it really matters unlike the beginning of theseason when everyone thought it was over as soon as McNabb got hurt.

I could care less about respect, I just want a spot in the Super Bowl and then we'll see what happens from there.

Eagles keep rolling
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Cant count on the skins for anything
smh.gif

Praying for a Vikings loss tonight!

Steve Smith
pimp.gif

Sidenote: champ played great vs D Jack... glad my dude still got a TD though
pimp.gif

San Diego has it working, and they really don't have any huge weaknesses...
New Orleans...
roll.gif
Credit to the Bucs for showing up against a divisional foe and not laying down after trailing 0-17.
Matt Ryan
pimp.gif

Houston
pimp.gif

Andre Johnson and Frank Gore
pimp.gif

Green Bay, hats off you guys had a good day running finally.
Carolina
pimp.gif

NYG = Candidate for biggest fraud of the year. The Broncos are the lead candidate right now though...
Cleveland and Oakland... Not much to talk about there.
Tom Brady to Randy Moss
pimp.gif

Cincy should've blown KC out of the water... You can't struggle against teams you're supposed to beat.
Pittsburgh will probably be in Tampa
smh.gif

Eagles should've lost.
Indy saving it for the playoffs. Good choice, perfection is nothing without the cherry on the top.
Washington
laugh.gif
The best team on paper in the L year in and year out.
BTW, Thank you Arizona for letting St Louis lose and keeping Suh away from Detroit
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

THIS CLOWN LOST!!!!!

I'm never playing Laurence Maroney again...especially when things matter. #!+* was I thinking?

indifferent.gif

ON TO THE WEEK IN REVIEW...

I posted this in the Jets/Colts thread:

Some fun stuff I've found across some different forums:
REASONS WHY THE NFL HAS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE COLTS ROLLING OVER IN WK 16 and 17 YEAR AFTER YEAR:

1) It impacts the playoff picture for other teams, which absolutely hinders the integrity of the league
2) The season ticket holders don't have the option to sell back their tickets if the game doesn't mean anything
3) Terrible publicity, the Colts probably cost the NFL millions in revenue by not pursuing an undefeated season (Licensing deals for apparel)

REASONS WHY THE COLTS THEMSELVES SHOULD NOT ROLL OVER IN WK 16 and 17 YEAR AFTER YEAR:

1) Off the top of my head they haven't dominated anyone of significance this season besides the Cardinals.
2) They are a rythym offense, and will now have 4 weeks in between full throttle meaningful games
3) They do it every year and underachieve in the playoffs

Is there really anyone out there that is confident they'd beat the San Diego Chargers if they played today? I wouldn't even count out the Patriots, or Ravens for that matter.

I just don't understand how someone as smart as Bill Polian, can pull the same strategy over a 10 year span with literally zero sign of its effectiveness.

In the Polian/Manning era, the Colts have never won a playoff game in a season they had the bye week.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00.htm

They've only won playoff games in 3 seasons:

2003 - Played Broncos in the wild card round
2004 - Played Broncos in the wild card round
2006 - The year they won the superbowl, played the Chiefs in the wildcard round

In the 3 seasons they've had a first round bye (1999, 2005, 2007) they lost their first game to Tennessee, Pittsburgh, and San Diego.

Chester the Cheetah wrote:

I posted this in the Jets/Colts thread:

Some fun stuff I've found across some different forums:
REASONS WHY THE NFL HAS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE COLTS ROLLING OVER IN WK 16 and 17 YEAR AFTER YEAR:

1) It impacts the playoff picture for other teams, which absolutely hinders the integrity of the league
2) The season ticket holders don't have the option to sell back their tickets if the game doesn't mean anything
3) Terrible publicity, the Colts probably cost the NFL millions in revenue by not pursuing an undefeated season (Licensing deals for apparel)

REASONS WHY THE COLTS THEMSELVES SHOULD NOT ROLL OVER IN WK 16 and 17 YEAR AFTER YEAR:

1) Off the top of my head they haven't dominated anyone of significance this season besides the Cardinals.
2) They are a rythym offense, and will now have 4 weeks in between full throttle meaningful games
3) They do it every year and underachieve in the playoffs

Is there really anyone out there that is confident they'd beat the San Diego Chargers if they played today? I wouldn't even count out the Patriots, or Ravens for that matter.

I just don't understand how someone as smart as Bill Polian, can pull the same strategy over a 10 year span with literally zero sign of its effectiveness.

In the Polian/Manning era, the Colts have never won a playoff game in a season they had the bye week.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00.htm

They've only won playoff games in 3 seasons:

2003 - Played Broncos in the wild card round
2004 - Played Broncos in the wild card round
2006 - The year they won the superbowl, played the Chiefs in the wildcard round

In the 3 seasons they've had a first round bye (1999, 2005, 2007) they lost their first game to Tennessee, Pittsburgh, and San Diego.

Co-sign.

Peyton Manning has done A LOT throughout his career. Why blatantly take away an opportunity to secure his legacy? I am completely baffled that an organizationopted to do something like this. They could have catapulted themselves past just a regular season team if they would've finally won all the regular seasongames and sealed the deal with a SB win. Regardless of the season's outcome, there will always be a question of what if...

It's terrible for the fans. It's terrible for the players. It's SB or bust now...and that is probably more pressure than if they went 16-0. Someonehas been there before and failed. Got a chance to do something never done and you give it up for the CHANCE at a SB...which is won by somebody every year.
indifferent.gif

What a @$!@@*! joke. The offense doesn't even need rest. Are they serious?

Back
Top Bottom