Are We Watching Rick Ross Fall Off?

Originally Posted by 951guero

Originally Posted by Lubu1

Niketalk knows what the streets listening to though?

laugh.gif
im saying tho

Out here in Cali that whole trap **%+ aint really big as it is in other parts but i can tell you that Ross is bigger commercially but Yeezy has that true fanbase when it comes to that trap music

Man what are you talking about
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Q, a song with JHud & Ne-Yo (that ain't his own) ain't his lane. The check was probably nice, though.
How is the bul Ross not lyrical, though? I swear most of the naysayers still clutch hard to that CO bias from 05-08.

How can dudes listen to Mafia Music 2, hell even Rich Forever w/Legend (without said bias) and say the fat boy ain't lyrical?

You n's aint ordinary, g.
Maybe you should expand your ears archives because Ross is not lyrical at all. Post those lyrics and I will point out how simplistic they are.

Originally Posted by solefood229

!+$@$%* love that ring ring song though, I gaurantee if he drops a video for its over.
He did a video for it, should be out soon.

Originally Posted by cartune

*!!!$% really bumpin Rich Forever or *!!!$% bumpin stay schemin?

"Drake murdered you on ya own +!#+"

Jeezy got murdered on every feature track on 103 though

Originally Posted by Lubu1

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Q, a song with JHud & Ne-Yo (that ain't his own) ain't his lane. The check was probably nice, though.
How is the bul Ross not lyrical, though? I swear most of the naysayers still clutch hard to that CO bias from 05-08.

How can dudes listen to Mafia Music 2, hell even Rich Forever w/Legend (without said bias) and say the fat boy ain't lyrical?

You n's aint ordinary, g.
Maybe you should expand your ears archives because Ross is not lyrical at all. Post those lyrics and I will point out how simplistic they are.
N_, no.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Welp!

For what it's worth, this is the same NT that champions Lil B.

With that said, Ross isn't some lyrical juggernaut....dude lost me a bit when he started running with Puff and claiming to be "Big Poppa in the physical"...I'm from Brooklyn...that's blasphemy. Then Puff cosigning it made it worse....I've actually sat down and typed Ross lyrics at Def Jam..he better at picking beats that get his point across and making anthems than he is for being a lyricist, per se.

When I heard Teflon Don, I felt like I heaRd the whole album already. I guess that's how good the mix tapes were. It's funny though...because I see that everyone's a Ross fan, but dude never even went platinum. What he is is a good businessman for surrounding himself with legit talent in the rest of the MMG corp...theres someone for everyone, Wale for the chicks, Stalley for his niche, Gunplay for the live wires and Meek has a legit shot t bringing street music back.

All in all, his A&R team is in good hands..Dallas learned from Shakir Stewart who was Ross original A&R...he wont improve lyrically, but he knows his lane. He brought up the BIG comparisons so I judge him based off that...he can make an anthem, but I do get why people say he gets repetitive. At least, Jeezy can provide some introspection as to why he hustled....Ross just started doing that his last album...all the greats have personal elements to their music, Ross is still developing that.

AA changed the game, but let's not act like people won't get tired of him if he doesn't reinvent himself. Rich Forever was solid, so we'll see.

Originally Posted by TheSwagOfSweetJones

Originally Posted by Agthekid

EVERY!

Too Gone was flawless until Future started breathing tho

Lyrical? Ross? …….

His rise has been in large part to the rise of miami in Hip-Hop, Young Money, beats selection, and the rise of his MMG imprint. His raps are extremely repetitive and all over the place, lacking depth and conceptually mediocre, but hey, whatever floats people's boats.

He was never on.

_s a gold artist with average lyrics and a great viral game. The online circle jerk overinflated him like they do everyone else.

Big Poppa reincarnated?....More like the second coming of Memphis Bleek.

_s is so wishy washy and trend hopping these days all I can do is sit back and laugh.

Jeezy could fall off 10X worse than he is now and he'd still have infinitely more substance to his music than Ross. Thats why he will always have a solid fanbase that goes out and supports his work.

Ross is all smoke and mirrors to me. He weighs a ton but his music is weightless. His production and flow sound good at first but his s_ is disposable at the end of the day. Nothing he dropped really struck a chord with me. Like X said...how many times you gonna paint the same picture? We get it...you're a mob boss that smokes good, eats lobster bisque and calls hits with the wave of a finger....what else?

_ has no versatility.

_s laughed about Jeezy constantly getting pushed back...but how many singles has Ross thrown out in the last couple of months that went nowhere? Stay Schemin was a Drake and French track. Why is his "Ready To Die" taking so long to drop if he's the hottest artist in the game with a classic on deck?

Dude is another Ja Rule with a more believable aura.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

Are people's attention span really that short now?

Yes
Absolutely. 
And I don't think Rick Ross is currently falling off. But its on the horizon. If "God Forgives, I don't" isn't great that will probably be the start of it. Look how quickly Rich Forever was forgotten about. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

He was never on.

_s a gold artist with average lyrics and a great viral game. The online circle jerk overinflated him like they do everyone else.

ross at his COLDEST is still better then bleek at his HOTTEST...hell bleek's hottest song was a throw away track from da leak advance copy of vol.3
laugh.gif

_ has no versatility.
c'mon you know you dont believe that....my man is on EVERYTHING...

I don't care about Jeezy either.

That _s halfway through the spin cycle himself....time for both of them to fall back and make way for the Gibbs, KRITs, Kendricks, Trel's and ASAP Rockys.

But what Jay Jenkins did with the mixtapes and 101 gave him his stamp. That s_ changed peoples lives on some Tupac s_.

If Ace Hood was 6 inches taller, 90 pounds heavier, grew an ill beard and had a deeper voice....he'd be Rick Ross.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

He was never on.

ross at his COLDEST is still better then bleek at his HOTTEST...hell bleek's hottest song was a throw away track from da leak advance copy of vol.3
laugh.gif

_ has no versatility.
c'mon you know you dont believe that....my man is on EVERYTHING...

He's hotter than Bleek for sure but them _s selling the same amout of albums and are about equal lyrically, Ross flow is just way better.

He is on everything.....sounding the gotdamn same.
_ sound the same on a track with Erykah Badu as he does with French Montana. 

Jay and 3K can make an R&B song...they got creative flows, they're artists.

Kendrick and Nas can spit a story track that will f_ your head up.

Gibbs or Beans can say some heartfelt grimy s_ that'll have you like 
eek.gif

This _ just bludgeons you to death with mediocre verses about make believe mob lifestyles. His yungin is way more versatile than him....Tony Story to House Party shows more versatility than Ross has displayed in his whole career.

Ross is putting Meek Mill on though....Wale basically quadrupled his sales on his second go around. Gibbs is signed to Jeezy.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif
He's never been good lyrically though.

All style, no substance.
Have you ever listened to Mafia Music 2? I doubt it with a statement like this.
Like I said lyrically, he's not good, pretty whack imo. Yall are all caught up in rhetoric and recycled jargon.

Back
Top Bottom