Are you an Atheist? What Promted Your Choice?

Me personally I've reached the point of psychosis where I just can't endure the anguish and restraints that something non-existent (or yet to be seen) has over one's life.
I deal with real life issues, real life problems, real life pain ...It's just preposterous to give control of my life to something that has yet proven to be viable.
People aimlessly limiting themselves to chance and it rules in their favor it's "God" and if it doesn't it's Lucifer. *#*+ that, faith in "God" is mental disease....religion is a
cash cow that exploits the stupid. "Sin", is mental terror for the weak who are scared to explore horizons to obtain knowledge of self.

God doesn't exist

Me personally I've reached the point of psychosis where I just can't endure the anguish and restraints that something non-existent (or yet to be seen) has over one's life.
I deal with real life issues, real life problems, real life pain ...It's just preposterous to give control of my life to something that has yet proven to be viable.
People aimlessly limiting themselves to chance and it rules in their favor it's "God" and if it doesn't it's Lucifer. *#*+ that, faith in "God" is mental disease....religion is a
cash cow that exploits the stupid. "Sin", is mental terror for the weak who are scared to explore horizons to obtain knowledge of self.

God doesn't exist

Lack of convincing evidence as well as overall disillusionment to the idea of religion.  I can see the appeal and understand why people can devote themselves to it but in the end its just not for me.

Lack of convincing evidence as well as overall disillusionment to the idea of religion.  I can see the appeal and understand why people can devote themselves to it but in the end its just not for me.

I praise Based God
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

...because believers cannnot explain this; If the proposed omnipotent god has given man free will to do as he chooses (and that is why the world is such a corrupt place), then what is the purpose of god? Even if such an entity exists, it's irrelevant. 

...because believers cannnot explain this; If the proposed omnipotent god has given man free will to do as he chooses (and that is why the world is such a corrupt place), then what is the purpose of god? Even if such an entity exists, it's irrelevant. 

Originally Posted by 23islegendary

I praise Based God
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
basedgod>>>>>the other "god"

I can communicate with my god, see my god, hear my god, and visit my god when he does shows in different cities.
What can the other "god" do?
Spoiler [+]
i'll wait

Originally Posted by 23islegendary

I praise Based God
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
basedgod>>>>>the other "god"

I can communicate with my god, see my god, hear my god, and visit my god when he does shows in different cities.
What can the other "god" do?
Spoiler [+]
i'll wait

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

God doesn't exist
clap23.gif

God doesn't exist
clap23.gif

yeah i feel a similar way stockholm patriot. i especially don't rock with christianity for this reason. it's like you know this religion has been and is used to rob other cultures of their own beliefs through missionary work nowadays and even back in the slave days they used religion to pacify the slaves into accepting their fate as some twisted part of "gods plan".

that's what i think religion really does to a lot is just pacify them so they accept the *@$%%+ up situation that they're in.

not saying i don't believe in a higher power, i'm just not sure yet and i like to make informed decisions... until then, kindness is my religion.

yeah i feel a similar way stockholm patriot. i especially don't rock with christianity for this reason. it's like you know this religion has been and is used to rob other cultures of their own beliefs through missionary work nowadays and even back in the slave days they used religion to pacify the slaves into accepting their fate as some twisted part of "gods plan".

that's what i think religion really does to a lot is just pacify them so they accept the *@$%%+ up situation that they're in.

not saying i don't believe in a higher power, i'm just not sure yet and i like to make informed decisions... until then, kindness is my religion.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

god gave man  life and free will to follow his rules or not... follow his rules = heaven, dont = hell..... pretty simple....

Lack of convincing evidence as well as overall disillusionment to theidea of religion.  I can see the appeal and understand why people candevote themselves to it but in the end its just not for me.

what actual evidence have YOU yourself tried to find rather than just going by hearsay and watching others practice their religion

and to the OP... it just seems like you made your decision based on pain and anguish like you mentioned... at the end of the day i have the same question for you.... what actual evidence or research have YOU done of ANY religion for you to feel there is no god. and really, everyone goes thorugh pain and anguish, its apart of life. life is hard, some peoples life are harder than others, thats just the way it is. just because a person is religious doesnt mean their life will be easier.

just think of all the muslim countries that are at war now. they are in fear of there life everyday, i cant imagine a more painful life, seeing my family and friends being killed everyday right in front of me, yet they still pray five times a day as they are supposed to. Not to ask god for help. but to thank god for giving them what they have....

the people that are considered "religious" are the people that actually take the time to learn about there religion, whatever it may be, i dont want to make this a religious battle saying which is right or which is wrong, but lets just say there are many loopholes in a lot of religions. these are the same religions that cause people to disagree or contemplate what is the truth and what is not.

sorry for the caps im not mad at all just trying to emphasize a few things...at the end of the day its up to YOU to learn about religion on your OWN and not just make assupmtions through what you see in the media or just watch your friends practice there religion

if it matters im muslim.... with all the hate towards my religion these days i will probably just get the usual immature replys here on NT

but if you are serious about learning or if you even want to prove your statement (god doesnt exist) to be true. pick up a quran one day and read through completely. and then see if you have questions about anything. it will explain why everything is the way it is. everything makes sense. in stead of asking people questions about there religion, or certain aspects of it, just look it up.

im done

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

god gave man  life and free will to follow his rules or not... follow his rules = heaven, dont = hell..... pretty simple....

Lack of convincing evidence as well as overall disillusionment to theidea of religion.  I can see the appeal and understand why people candevote themselves to it but in the end its just not for me.

what actual evidence have YOU yourself tried to find rather than just going by hearsay and watching others practice their religion

and to the OP... it just seems like you made your decision based on pain and anguish like you mentioned... at the end of the day i have the same question for you.... what actual evidence or research have YOU done of ANY religion for you to feel there is no god. and really, everyone goes thorugh pain and anguish, its apart of life. life is hard, some peoples life are harder than others, thats just the way it is. just because a person is religious doesnt mean their life will be easier.

just think of all the muslim countries that are at war now. they are in fear of there life everyday, i cant imagine a more painful life, seeing my family and friends being killed everyday right in front of me, yet they still pray five times a day as they are supposed to. Not to ask god for help. but to thank god for giving them what they have....

the people that are considered "religious" are the people that actually take the time to learn about there religion, whatever it may be, i dont want to make this a religious battle saying which is right or which is wrong, but lets just say there are many loopholes in a lot of religions. these are the same religions that cause people to disagree or contemplate what is the truth and what is not.

sorry for the caps im not mad at all just trying to emphasize a few things...at the end of the day its up to YOU to learn about religion on your OWN and not just make assupmtions through what you see in the media or just watch your friends practice there religion

if it matters im muslim.... with all the hate towards my religion these days i will probably just get the usual immature replys here on NT

but if you are serious about learning or if you even want to prove your statement (god doesnt exist) to be true. pick up a quran one day and read through completely. and then see if you have questions about anything. it will explain why everything is the way it is. everything makes sense. in stead of asking people questions about there religion, or certain aspects of it, just look it up.

im done

I don't have a religion I follow, but I don't go outta my way to prove people "wrong" or make arguments. I'm not saying you are. I'm just saying it goes through everybody, they wonder, they realize, then they realize its not worth it to say their piece. Let it be and live your human life. After realizing how cruel this world is and how unimportant we are, I see life as a game. Your own game.

I don't have a religion I follow, but I don't go outta my way to prove people "wrong" or make arguments. I'm not saying you are. I'm just saying it goes through everybody, they wonder, they realize, then they realize its not worth it to say their piece. Let it be and live your human life. After realizing how cruel this world is and how unimportant we are, I see life as a game. Your own game.

God doesn't exist

Just as bad as people who think one does exist. 
Humility in the face of questions you can't answer > *

Agnosticism > *

God doesn't exist

Just as bad as people who think one does exist. 
Humility in the face of questions you can't answer > *

Agnosticism > *

Just like Tfromthe617 said, there's groups that have used religion to exploit and damned African-American's forever...they corrupted the word of this so-called "good book" (because that's all it really is)
and basically bearded false witness. Thought that was a carnal sin? Blasphemy even...yet they seem "blessed" with the riches of the Earth, that were suppose to be inherited by the "meek and faithfully".

There's so many contradictions in your bible it's not even funny...Faith is an epidemic of delusion.

Not mention 90% of this world's war have religion as the catalyst. If you shoot someone because you claim "God" told you, then you go to jail.
But, they tell you swear to tell the whole truth so help you God...how is your word discounted less than the prophets that claim to have heard him ?
laugh.gif

If there is a God, Earth is cable channel with the best reality television... and him and Jesus are the equivalent of Beavis and Butthead sitting doing nothing, %#*$%!% up ##@% for fun.
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom