Are you single? Do your married/whipped bros act like kids in a candy store when they get to hit the

All my dudes are married and when I'm in town, they don't care if the clubs are wack and the brawds are fat, everything is Aces in their book. :rofl: They're just so happy to get away from their house/wife/kid.
They be doing a diddybop, just like these dudes. :lol:

As a man, I don't think I'll ever understand the "getting permission" part.
that **** is REAL with some dudes :smh: ...everytime you ask them to go somewhere or do something its "let me check with my girl 1st and ill let you know" :lol:

but my mans thats wifed up be pressed to go out and do something when they chicks not around or they got some free time..but they be chillin n not eally thirsty when we make a move tho, its like they just out just to be out

Cats make them 'I...We...She' statements

I can't go out
We gotta get up in the morning
She has something to do

As a man, I don't think I'll ever understand the "getting permission" part.
that **** is REAL with some dudes :smh: ...everytime you ask them to go somewhere or do something its "let me check with my girl 1st and ill let you know" :lol:

but my mans thats wifed up be pressed to go out and do something when they chicks not around or they got some free time..but they be chillin n not eally thirsty when we make a move tho, its like they just out just to be out

To keep it real bruh... it's just a kind way of saying they don't wanna hang out with you.

Trust. I've used it a thousand times! Works like a charm.

To me it isn't necessarily permission, but a courtesy to sort of give her the heads up. I don't know too many successfully married people who just up and dip out without some form of communication. But most of NT wouldn't understand that I guess.

And yes, I use the "let me talk to my wife first" excuse weekly when door-to-door salesman come by. Works perfectly. :lol:

To keep it real bruh... it's just a kind way of saying they don't wanna hang out with you.

Trust. I've used it a thousand times! Works like a charm.
thatreallifeether. Lol

But sometimes, cats do seriously have to ask for permission

:lol:

I don't need to get a visa to hit the club. But I certainly do let her know that I'm going to hang with the fellas. So she knows she can either chill or hang with her girls or whatever. It's courtesy if you live together, or spend a large percentage of time together at each others place's.

There's dudes I know who get their visa denied regularly.

To me it isn't necessarily permission, but a courtesy to sort of give her the heads up. I don't know too many successfully married people who just up and dip out without some form of communication. But most of NT wouldn't understand that I guess.

And yes, I use the "let me talk to my wife first" excuse weekly when door-to-door salesman come by. Works perfectly. :lol:
But it is asking for permission. If you say yes and then tell your wife "I'm going out with ...." thats a heads up. The people I know who have to talk to their wife first do it because she "may have plans" for them or she may get upset if she's not invited.

When you're in a relationship you DO have to ask for permission, it's all part of it BUT is you need to call to let her know you're buying a shirt or going to eat with one of your boys or anything else minor like that........ :smh:

"Baby can I go to the bar with my coworker for lunch?......... Why not? :frown:"

Pathetic :lol:

Last edited:
Its a respect thing, not necessarily control. You can't be in a union and do your own thing. Same for her. Plus most dudes I know leave it up to the wife to plan family activities, so you're giving her a heads up just in case she already got something lined up. Not every wife is a dictator.

LOL Military dudes the worst…Invite em out to get out the house and get a break from the fam, i bring my homegirls out with us and dude is on them and every chick in the bar, bouncing around everywhere, Loud, making weak jokes, stumbling SMH…Its comical but annoying, and forget about posting those any pics y'all took with females in them, you'll be hearing about it in the morning LOL...

Last edited:

And yes, I use the "let me talk to my wife first" excuse weekly when door-to-door salesman come by. Works perfectly.
laugh.gif
But it is asking for permission. If you say yes and then tell your wife "I'm going out with ...." thats a heads up. The people I know who have to talk to their wife first do it because she "may have plans" for them or she may get upset if she's not invited.
See the below response from Mark Antony.  Sums it up perfectly, IMO.  

That said, what's wrong with seeing if your wife had something planned or protecting her feelings about not being invited?  Isn't that kinda what you're supposed to do when you're in a committed relationship or marriage?  
laugh.gif
  Do I ask my wife if I can buy clothes, shoes, etc.  Nope.  But I'm definitely going to communicate with her about scenarios that could potentially affect her feelings (which WILL trickle down and eventually affect me).  And it isn't done out of fear of her wrath, but out of respect.  Two entirely different things.  

Doing your own thing in a marriage without regard for the other person's opinion/feelings is a recipe for a lot of hassle.  Been there, done that.  That little bit of "freedom" that you think you have by doing whatever you want isn't worth the headache that comes from dealing with a pissed off wife.  Trust.  But what I've found is that if you're open and communicate out of respect for the other person, there is no pissed off wife because all your cards are out on the table and there are no surprises.  
Its a respect thing, not necessarily control. You can't be in a union and do your own thing. Same for her. Plus most dudes I know leave it up to the wife to plan family activities, so you're giving her a heads up just in case she already got something lined up. Not every wife is a dictator.

Last edited:
^^ my brother has to get permission to go anywhere. His wife is clingy af.
my homeboy was the same way, had one of those that would say ok, then we in the car down the street she wanna call and complain, now I'm trynna turn up but they on the car speaker arguing, smmmh… typical ensure females questions, who all going, any girls there? did you dance with any girls? did you talk to any girls? Was *insert girl he works with name* there….. he better than me...

superblytrife superblytrife I didn't say those shouldn't be taken into consideration. I'm explaining to you the difference between asking for permission and giving a heads up.

Also, you can give an answer, taking into consideration anything going on in your household, without having to speak with your spouse on it. If you know your wife will be upset about not being included in an event, you simply give an answer of no. Not "I have to talk to my wife". If you say yes to an invite, tell her afterwards, and she springs on a surprise dinner, then feel free to change plans.

All my boys who are hemmed up make me never want to get married...

like I get the whole being about your girl, but I'll be damned if getting married stops me from hanging around my boys.

shame :smh:

I got 2 of my boys (last of a dying breed) who don't see ourselves getting married. We travel, party, pick up girls. It's the best.

I eventually want to get married (mostly for having children)...

but all our boys who are married are either miserable or boring.

All my boys who are hemmed up make me never want to get married...

like I get the whole being about your girl, but I'll be damned if getting married stops me from hanging around my boys.

shame
mean.gif

I got 2 of my boys (last of a dying breed) who don't see ourselves getting married. We travel, party, pick up girls. It's the best.

I eventually want to get married (mostly for having children)...

but all our boys who are married are either miserable or boring.
THIS….epsecially being in the military and doing what i do, I'm always on the road/traveling etc..I can't see it…Divorce rate like 90% in my unit

Back
Top Bottom