Are you Team Cremation or Team Burial?

ghenges

Supporter
Let's be real, NT came out like 25 years ago so some of us are halfway over the hump of life. Have you thought about what you want to be disposed of when you DIE?

NGL, I used to be Team Burial for the longest time but now I'm switching to Team Cremation. The thought of having my ashes sprinkled in a few places seems more fitting than just being in a hole in the ground. Also I think cremation is cheaper because graves have to be maintained forever (I think).

So what are you doing?

Indeed, from Allah we come and to Him, we shall return.

Embracing this certainty, the only guarantee, simplifies life for me.

Team Burial for me. Ghusl must be performed, facing Mecca. If not by land, then by sea for my travels internationally.

Last edited:
Team cremation over here. But I have one small request for the people who say they truly love me and will miss me. And that’s to put a half teaspoon of my ashes in their drink of choice and consume.
Too much?

Tbh, Ive never even thought about it. Thinking about it now, I don’t have a preference. Whatever is better for the fam handling the affairs. I mean, Im not here anymore so.. 🤷‍♂️ If I wanted to be buried and they cremated me, what am I going to do about it?

Wasn’t there a rumor or fact that they smoked Tupac’s ashes? The Outlawz.

My whole family is team cremation. Youll live forever in your loved ones memories so you’re not limited to just one spot. they’ll carry you on

Cremation. It's cheaper and you don't have to force religion on people who don't necessarily want to hear all that.
When my dad died apparently there were people who really wanted a church funeral so to keep everyone happy I just cremated him and asked the local church to hold some funeral ceremony.
Definitely wouldn't want to wish that boring garbage on anyone after having to sit through that. It's just jesus bla bla bla jesus bla bla bla for like an hour, who cares. Get on with it.

Sky burial for me or donate my body to medicine

1000015798.png

Had to go through the process recently, cremation was like 800$ and burial was like 8k+ if it matters. Ultimately had to go with the burial cause that's what they wanted

Had to go through the process recently, cremation was like 800$ and burial was like 8k+ if it matters. Ultimately had to go with the burial cause that's what they wanted

$8K is insane. I wouldn't want to put that burden on anyone who has to deal with it. That could buy a lot of groceries and pay a lot of bills.

Tbh, Ive never even thought about it. Thinking about it now, I don’t have a preference. Whatever is better for the fam handling the affairs. I mean, Im not here anymore so.. 🤷‍♂️ If I wanted to be buried and they cremated me, what am I going to do about it?

To avoid the bickering I would just put it in writing before hand.

I don't care either way as long as my funeral is one of those things where they prop my lifeless shell up on a dirtbike or whatever

It's been since 2017 so I don't recall the exact amounts but I remember the burial price would've been several thousand even with the most basic coffin.
Not that I would've bothered either way but I really didn't know how insanely expensive it is compared to just cremation, which ended up being a couple hundred euros.

Didn't exactly have the greatest time with my dad so I dumped his ashes in a ditch somewhere in the local forest :smh::lol: Free of charge, just the effort of going on a walk.
Besides religious reasons, I really don't see any logical reason to not go for cremation. It's dirt cheap compared to a burial service.

You’re not really loved if your family doesn’t burry you. Imagine your ashes sitting in a pot in the basement or addict 😂

The thing about getting buried, there are no guarantees the cemetery doesnt get bought by someone or just gets repurposed sometime down the line by the city. Most likely it will in 50-100-200 years. You aint staying there forever thats for sure. Thats why..........team cremation

I’m a Muslim so the burial route is already decided for me. I definitely see the appeal of cremation for non-religious people

Back
Top Bottom