Are you tired of the Jordan Brand price raises? Vote and voice your opinion! Be heard!!!

Are you tired of the Jordan Brand price raises?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The last 4 years has been the worst time to buy kicks, because its been a sellers market. Sell sell sell, just like real estate or the stock market.

Before 2010, it was hard to sell kicks. Rarely you could break even. After the Concords in 2011, I was surprised at how much I cleaned up.

2015 was the first time I bought a pair of retro Jordans for myself in 3 years. And that's only because the Bred OG 1 low were reasonably priced.

Last edited:
The 4% must have been the "Get Money Boyz" 
laugh.gif

I've pretty much stop buying completely. I can't afford to spend $200 on a pair a couple times a month. with 2 kids, mortgage, car payment, and bills, I can't justify spending that money on myself. Plus I'm too old to be waiting in line or camping for some shoes. I pretty much have most of the J's I wanted as a kid and more, but there is still some pairs I want. I'm just waiting for the retro Jordan bubble to burst (hopefully sooner than later) so prices will drop and the market will be flooded with J's from all the beasts trying to get rid of them. Like others have said, JB is a business and their in it to make money. As much as I hate it I can't really get mad at them for raising prices and cashing in on the hype train. I can get mad at them for the stupid remasterd crap their pulling. If they're going to raise prices and say the retros will be remaster as close to OG as possible then that's what they should do, not just use slightly better quality materials claim they're remasterd and raise prices.
same. I think it's utterly ******ed to spend $200 on these shoes.

The last 4 years has been the worst time to buy kicks, because its been a sellers market. Sell sell sell, just like real estate or the stock market.

Before 2010, it was hard to sell kicks. Rarely you could break even. After the Concords in 2011, I was surprised at how much I cleaned up.

2015 was the first time I bought a pair of retro Jordans for myself in 3 years. And that's only because the Bred OG 1 low were reasonably priced.
weren't they like 140? I think that's way too much for a 1 low lol. should be 100 or lower

Sometimes luxury goods attract higher demand when price goes up. For example, Chanel.

I'm not saying JB is in that category. I'm just making an observation.

The prices these kids are prepared to pay now because of the re-sellers is ridiculous.

A little while ago in the legit check forum, someone was skeptical about a pair of Royal Blue Is... skeptical because the price of $400 seemed too good to be true.

Keep voting!

By the way almost every major sneaker forum/website has had a thread created like this within the past week or so. And this thread has by far the most participation. And some of those threads were started by forum administrators or on-staff writers.

Last edited:
The problem isn't Nike. It's the people who pay "resell" prices for shoes. They're the ones that show nike how much more people are willing to pay for a sneaker and they're the ones who make nike think they represent the entire sneaker community.
/thread

Ehhhh not /thread
Dude missed the point where we as consumers are also failing.
Whenever jordan hits us with the "limited" but marked up releases, we still buy them up and they sell out. Resell is ehhh but sales are everything.
Look at us.... The laser 4s shall sell out at $250. What sign are we giving Jb when they do sell out other than to tell them that $250 is certainly doable for future pricing.
Historically, this has been a very successful tactic for nike. Releases like the lab series... The BIN series.... The db and BHM releases.... All of these get mark ups and sell well.

There have been times where the public hasn't bit but it hasn't been on retro Jordans much.

Lebrons aren't killing it in sales so they have stayed at $200 for 2 and soon to be 3 years as an example.

It'll take more than a vote to get Nike/JB to stop with the price hikes. The remastered marketing ploy is just a cover. Following the logic, you can only ask: What have people been paying for beforehand?

All this voting won't do anything. Start voting with you wallet. For example last year by this time I had bought 4 to 5 pairs already. This year 1 so far and it was at a 30% discount so until we all start thinking like this they hikes will continue. My limit was at 160.00 for Jordan 4s 190 plus I'm very very selective . And as far as lebron for 200 they are going have wow me for me to buy his latest shoe. Even the KDs for 150 is too damn much.

I just voted YES, because these price increases are pure greed.

Jordan Brand use to increase prices by $5 but now they hiking it up

to $20. Someone please explain why the need for a $20 price increase.:nerd:

as i said...with the price increase, the fact i have 100+ pairs of shoes, and that JB is releasing fewer classic colorways that are desireable to me....my wallet is staying full.

all i bought in 2015 was the university red lunar air force 1. my last jordan purchase was the Xmas 11 releases. 

I just voted YES, because these price increases are pure greed.

Jordan Brand use to increase prices by $5 but now they hiking it up

to $20. Someone please explain why the need for a $20 price increase.:nerd:

To increase profit margins.

I think it's a joke that people won't fight for what's right. We all know we won't stop buying. But, we need to let Jordan Brand know we don't like these price hikes one bit on every model. This thread is only pointless if people don't vote. Numbers matter.
I too would like to see them stop with the price increases but this post is so wrong.  A vote on NT wont make one difference, the difference is people voting with their wallet.  Until JB's sales are impacted they wont care.

Ehhhh not /thread
Dude missed the point where we as consumers are also failing.
Whenever jordan hits us with the "limited" but marked up releases, we still buy them up and they sell out. Resell is ehhh but sales are everything.
Look at us.... The laser 4s shall sell out at $250. What sign are we giving Jb when they do sell out other than to tell them that $250 is certainly doable for future pricing.
Historically, this has been a very successful tactic for nike. Releases like the lab series... The BIN series.... The db and BHM releases.... All of these get mark ups and sell well.

There have been times where the public hasn't bit but it hasn't been on retro Jordans much.

Lebrons aren't killing it in sales so they have stayed at $200 for 2 and soon to be 3 years as an example.
We don't always agree but Im with you on this one.  Until people (and by people I mean the majority of consumers) are willing to sit a release out because of the price nothing will change.  I like the topic, its a good discussion thread, but don't expect anything to change because 10,000 voted YES but the same 10,000 people still bought the shoe.

Saunupe1911 this is a great thing you are doing. Dont worry about others saying this is a dumb idea and it wont matter. Those people will do 2 predictable things.

1. Keep letting Nike rob them for their dollars while in heavy denial.

2. They will complain passively and deflect anger/frustration of being a brand slave towards others (ie the hate you are getting right now)

I got a question for those who keep on saying speak with your wallets and that tired old "if everyone stopped buying" junk. Why are YOU not "speaking with your wallet" and "stop buying". Its too many of yall to call out but you guys personally know who yall are. You guys are in here giving the OP crap because he wants to take initiative to fix the problems we all complain about but on the other side of the sword you same guys are in every new release thread buying (and reselling look at your sigs smh). You call everybody else a hypebeast and slave but you are doing the same thing no matter how its spun or rationalized. How can you hate resellers in this thread but in Frag/Just Don threads ready to toss a grand for the same sneakers you say all the beasts are after. 98% (myself included) of NT members are part of the problem and exploitation of the shoe culture. We pay 15-20x manufacturing costs for cheaply built sneakers every week. If we cant get them at the store we pay double and triple from the resellers we have a twisted love/hate relationship with. We dont complain. We dont speak up against the system but quick to fight/scam each other. We willing accepted a 70-100% msrp inflation on all the models since 1999. Its time for alot of us to admit that we are the problem, the suckers, the sheep. Not the hypebeasts at the mall, not the matchy matchy dude with new releases or an youtube. Its YOU

Saunupe1911 this is a great thing you are doing. Dont worry about others saying this is a dumb idea and it wont matter. Those people will do 2 predictable things.

1. Keep letting Nike rob them for their dollars while in heavy denial.

2. They will complain passively and deflect anger/frustration of being a brand slave towards others (ie the hate you are getting right now)

I got a question for those who keep on saying speak with your wallets and that tired old "if everyone stopped buying" junk. Why are YOU not "speaking with your wallet" and "stop buying". Its too many of yall to call out but you guys personally know who yall are. You guys are in here giving the OP crap because he wants to take initiative to fix the problems we all complain about but on the other side of the sword you same guys are in every new release thread buying (and reselling look at your sigs smh). You call everybody else a hypebeast and slave but you are doing the same thing no matter how its spun or rationalized. How can you hate resellers in this thread but in Frag/Just Don threads ready to toss a grand for the same sneakers you say all the beasts are after. 98% (myself included) of NT members are part of the problem and exploitation of the shoe culture. We pay 15-20x manufacturing costs for cheaply built sneakers every week. If we cant get them at the store we pay double and triple from the resellers we have a twisted love/hate relationship with. We dont complain. We dont speak up against the system but quick to fight/scam each other. We willing accepted a 70-100% msrp inflation on all the models since 1999. Its time for alot of us to admit that we are the problem, the suckers, the sheep. Not the hypebeasts at the mall, not the matchy matchy dude with new releases or an youtube. Its YOU
Which is why people need to speak with their wallets.. your post is contradicting itself.  I have nothing against the topic or the OP for starting it but do you really think voting YES in this thread will make a difference?

As others have mentioned, the ONLY way to change JB's pricing behavior is to speak with your wallets. Nike has a commitment to their shareholders, first and foremost. Not hating on OP's topic at all, it's always good to have discussion, but the day that these price increases hurts JB's overall profitability will be the day JB considers slowing down on their price increases.

To answer OP's question, I don't think there's a single customer that will say they like JB's price increases. I don't like their price increases either. But am I TIRED of their price increases? No, because I keep on buying Jordans. And that's all that matters to Nike.

As others have mentioned, the ONLY way to change JB's pricing behavior is to speak with your wallets. Nike has a commitment to their shareholders, first and foremost. Not hating on OP's topic at all, it's always good to have discussion, but the day that these price increases hurts JB's overall profitability will be the day JB considers slowing down on their price increases.

To answer OP's question, I don't think there's a single customer that will say they like JB's price increases. I don't like their price increases either. But am I TIRED of their price increases? No, because I keep on buying Jordans. And that's all that matters to Nike.
well said sir

This dude really thinks he can stop price raises by telling JB "I don't like it!" but still continue to buy. :rofl:

This dude really thinks he can stop price raises by telling JB "I don't like it!" but still continue to buy.
roll.gif
Also, does not get that people don't vote.

Even if its just a click.

60+ votes and right at 1000 posts.

Less than 7% who viewed the thread voted............

Also, does not get that people don't vote.

Even if its just a click.

60+ votes and right at 1000 posts.

Less than 7% who viewed the thread voted............
huh what does that matter?  Even if 1000 or 10000 people voted yes, still doesn't make a difference.

You have a better chance of having your vote count in a presidential race while living in Florida, than voting here.  #hangingchad

Back
Top Bottom