Argument with my roommate on Kid Rock

We were discussing Kid Rock and his phases between Rap, Rock, and Country.
Can someone breakdown by album, year or mixtape when he went on to each phase of genre?

Specifically speaking, were the albums "Devil Without a Cause" and "Cocky" considered Rap or Rock. My roommate thinks they were rap while i think they were both rock.

His Albums...

We were discussing Kid Rock and his phases between Rap, Rock, and Country.
Can someone breakdown by album, year or mixtape when he went on to each phase of genre?

Specifically speaking, were the albums "Devil Without a Cause" and "Cocky" considered Rap or Rock. My roommate thinks they were rap while i think they were both rock.

His Albums...

I haven't heard anything before Devil Without a Cause but I wouldn't consider anything I've ever heard Rap.

I haven't heard anything before Devil Without a Cause but I wouldn't consider anything I've ever heard Rap.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

This
But also haven't heard anything after Devil Without a Cause..... I do think Early Mornin Stoned Pimp is a rap album tho

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

This
But also haven't heard anything after Devil Without a Cause..... I do think Early Mornin Stoned Pimp is a rap album tho

1990: Grits Sandwiches for Breakfast
1993: The Polyfuze Method
1996: Early Mornin' Stoned Pimp

Rap
1998: Devil Without a Cause

Metal/Rap
2000: The History Of Rock

Metal/Rap
2001: Cocky

Mostly hard rock, mixed with some southern rock, with some rap. This was were he started to go more softer rock as well.
2003: Kid Rock

Mostly southern rock mixed in with some hard rock. There's like 1 rap/rock song...
2007: Rock N Roll Jesus
2010: Born Free

Southern rock / Hard rock

1990: Grits Sandwiches for Breakfast
1993: The Polyfuze Method
1996: Early Mornin' Stoned Pimp

Rap
1998: Devil Without a Cause

Metal/Rap
2000: The History Of Rock

Metal/Rap
2001: Cocky

Mostly hard rock, mixed with some southern rock, with some rap. This was were he started to go more softer rock as well.
2003: Kid Rock

Mostly southern rock mixed in with some hard rock. There's like 1 rap/rock song...
2007: Rock N Roll Jesus
2010: Born Free

Southern rock / Hard rock

hate to say it bro, but your roommates right. Devil without a cause was his rap stuff coming down and then cocky was the end of his rap career. So yeah man, hope your not too salty about your roommate being correct.
nerd.gif

hate to say it bro, but your roommates right. Devil without a cause was his rap stuff coming down and then cocky was the end of his rap career. So yeah man, hope your not too salty about your roommate being correct.
nerd.gif

BALL WITH THE BALL THE BANG THE BANG DIGGY DIGGY DIGGY SAID THE BOOGIE SAID UP JUMP THE BOOGIE!

Can't stand this dude.
30t6p3b.gif

BALL WITH THE BALL THE BANG THE BANG DIGGY DIGGY DIGGY SAID THE BOOGIE SAID UP JUMP THE BOOGIE!

Can't stand this dude.
30t6p3b.gif

Did anyone actually listen to this clown? I've literally thought he was a joke and
laugh.gif
'd every time i've ever heard his music throughout my entire life

Did anyone actually listen to this clown? I've literally thought he was a joke and
laugh.gif
'd every time i've ever heard his music throughout my entire life

Back
Top Bottom