Army Strong

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I'm not in, but I'm an Army brat and have been around it my whole life. People really talk out of their +!@ when it comes to the military. It's a great decision IMO, and you can sign a short term if you're unsure and just reenlist. Like dude said, AF girls are bad though, but so are Army females. You get money for college, get to learn a skill, get respect and discounts everywhere, secure employment, travel, meet a diversity of people you might not have otherwise, you could go on for days about the benefits. What MOS are you considering?

My room mate was Air Traffic Control and he got out and got a job at O'Hare, which IIRC is like the 3rd biggest airport in the country and is paying him 6 figures right off jump. He's like 26. He'd probably be more an example of someone who isn't so bright who was able to use the Army as a stepping stone to get where he wanted, but on the same token you have people who are bright and know exactly what they want out of life who are able to use the Military to get there, any career, college, etc.

Been thinking about it lately
grin.gif

You're right, every man has to stand on his own and to keep it all the way with you, some cats are built for it, some are not. I was not built for service (Navy).

I was in a similar situation. I had failed out of college and thought I was out of options. I didn't have any children at the time, but I really felt like it was either that or become one of those dudes who leaves high school and never makes it out of the hood.

You have a positive attitude about it and sound like you have a lot of info going in. That will definitely work in your favor.

Be sure to take advantage of that GI Bill and get that degree WHILE you're in or at least take as many classes as possible.

Good luck.

Military = welfare with different strings attached.

laugh.gif

Lemme stop hating, haha. Don't rely on it for your entire life though, and it looks like you won't so that's a plus. Save up while you're in there if you can..

I did the Army for a little over 5 years and got 50,000 for college for it.  Did two tours in Iraq and now I'm in my third year of getting an Electrical Engineering degree.  No loans thus far
pimp.gif

Congrats on your decision. It's good to see that you're focused and have a game plan. I'm an AF Air Traffic Controller and I don't regret enlisting at all. Definitely be sure to keep yourself in top physical condition but going to BMT you don't really have a choice lol. Like others have said BMT is nothing but mind games don't let them get to you. When it's all said and done you'll laugh at the weeks you spent there.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

What MOS are you considering?
I'm already locked it for Signals Intelligence Analyst.  35N

94E >

Wooo Wooo!

I'd have taken it if it was available...but I'm happy I'm in intel.  I wanna be a counter-intelligence agent in the future
glasses.gif

And naw, I have one son. 
laugh.gif
I COULD have had three kids if the two other girls didn't get abortions.  Phew!  I don't know how many classes I'll be able to take while active, but I really want to take as many as I can...because I'm gonna get a degree no matter what.  If I could knock out some hours during my enlistment that'd be GREAT.

Good lookin out for the good words, y'all.

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

who the hell gets tattoos on there neck
Who the hell gets tattoos at all? It's like getting married. When I was little I wanted tats like 90s rappers....oh boy if did actually get those type of tats I would probably off myself.

Originally Posted by soggymayo

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

who the hell gets tattoos on there neck
Who the hell gets tattoos at all? It's like getting married. When I was little I wanted tats like 90s rappers....oh boy if did actually get those type of tats I would probably off myself.
9af367531bee78610ce496f10c4dff24eed4991d.jpg

man with that asvab score your gonna wish you came into the AF, been in for 5 years and been deployed to iraq and afghan 3 times, spent some time living and working with the army due to my career field (military police) and no matter what you score or what your job is, you live like @#$*. you probably should have done some more research because the lil price that you would have paid to get your tat removed would have paid off because right now the bonus that Intel guys are getting in the AF is up to $90,000. i tried to retrain into it but i didnt score as high as they require. goodluck to you though

And Wordy, I plan on doing Green to Gold in the future. You ever considered it?

I'm about 12 classes away from my BS and so I think I'm going to go the OTS route. Either way though becoming an officer is were it's at. My home boy just got a C130 pilot slot, I wouldn't want to be on his plane
laugh.gif
but he's set.

Back
Top Bottom