Artie Lange

This is crazy.

Stern sidekick in suicide try

Troubled comic Artie Lange landed in the hospital after stabbing himself nine times in an apparent suicide attempt, sources told The Post. Lange's frantic mom called 911 Saturday morning after she entered his Hoboken apartment and found the bloodied funnyman, a law-enforcement source said. Lange sustained six "hesitation wounds" and three deep plunges. A source close to Lange's management team confirmed that the Howard Stern sidekick stabbed himself, adding that his mother had come to visit him that day to drop off food. Surgeons managed to save Lange despite heavy bleeding. "We all have our demons," Stern said on-air this week, referring to Lange's past battles with addiction. "Artie has given this show tremendous moments of great comedy. He's a tremendous contributor. He is a good man. Don't forget how great he is."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/stern_sidekick_in_suicide_try_5m9Hwhn1OvpONlzbsiW3oJ##ixzz0bvqd0OSy

Not really surprised to be honest... he's been messed up for years. Hopefully he can get help at some point, but he's had his chances.

I have been catching up on my Stern stuff lately. I like Artie a lot and have been a loyal fan of the Stern show and it sucks to think all this came from himbreaking up with his ex girlfriend Dina.

And Artie's roasts kill! Youtube him roasting Daniel Carver and Gary roast.

Watch this!

I remember dude from back on MADTV classic material
hope he pulls through

damn, Funny people have some of the worst feelings towards themselves sometimes

Without Artie I really don't think Stern would have nearly as many fans

How do people do this
eek.gif
smh.gif

Listened to Howard Stern today and he didn't want to get it to it. Artie is doing well physically but mentally is where the problem lies.

Wow, didn't realize he was that bad.....you don't hear of stab suicide attempts that often....I wonder if he'll ever be back on the show?

omg. artie is the best, him and norm are classic. i saw him kill on fallon a few weeks back.

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

indifferent.gif

come on man seriously do you know who howard is?

Sucks man. I love Artie.

I hope he can get his life back together but honestly I wouldnt be surprised if he kills himself next time.

He must have been on some serious @+@+ to stab himself.

tired.gif

Sad to hear. The stories he would tell on the show are classic.

But he's been a wreck for years. I haven't had the chance to listen lately but I knew he was depressed when he said he wasn't really excited to goto the Yankees games (especially during the World Series) this guy is the biggest Yankees fan.

Hope he gets things together.

Most fat famous comics usually live a life of excess and over-indulgence and eventually crash.

sad to hear, but not surprised at all. Artie has a drug & alcohol addiction problem which created all this mess.

I doubt its from his drug addiction though its highly possible. He's been dealing with depression ever since he hit age 42 because that was the age hisfather died. Also, he had a young girlfriend so its possible that a breakup or some sort could cause it as well.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

indifferent.gif

Yea, Stern might have had the most fans right before Artie even joined....although I do think he makes the show way better.

Originally Posted by scarru

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

indifferent.gif

Yea, Stern might have had the most fans right before Artie even joined....although I do think he makes the show way better.
truth!

Howard has said without Artie the show isn't as good, he adds in those little one liners and his stories are hilarious.... yes the show can work withouthim they do it all the time but with him the show is way better...

he just quit stand up to get his mind right and focusing on the stern show only.

damn..
smh.gif

artie is such an idiot, he's been offered so much help over the years makes me angry considering i've been a fan forever

Back
Top Bottom