Artists With The Worst/Best Beat Selection

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Can I get some song titles of Nas joints with bad production?

Just check out most of the songs off Street's Disciple. God Son had a couple of
sick.gif
beats as well

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! Dre... I think the whole thing is on the Tube. Peep "The Cross", "Get Down", or "Book of Rhymes" to see how much he completely changed the tone of those tracks. DF!!!

Good look my dude...

nas is deaf(post stillmatic...b4 that he was pretty good)
canibus is deaf
joey is so so
jeezy picks good beats
fat joe non rappin @@% b havin some bangers
pun had some hot beats
hov of course
TI is so iffy it aint even funny...
sigel is iffy
mobb deep iffy
hell even kanye ++$*%@ me up wit the beats on graduation... speaking of not liking graduation WHERE THE +%*+ IS JAPE?! dude vanished...
dro b havin some bullfish beats a lot of times
kuntry picks bangers...
joc's ear is pretty good...
zoe is ehhh... maybe he just used all his good beats on the mixtapes...
ball and g usually pretty good wit theirs...
outkast too (when they actually rappin)

can we do singers too?

john legends first cd was crack... 2nd one not so much(production wise)
donnel jones where i wanna b is still a banger
u cant really list people that work wit timbo... thats cheating...
laugh.gif

weezy beats is like 50/50
webbie first cd was hot...2nd trash...dunno if its just cuz they stuck wit mouse beats or what but it was wack...
birdman bum @@% be havin some decent +#@%
kells stay wit bangers
my dude dave hollister is already slept on but this dude be havin some SICK beats...
jagged edge has pretty good +#@% usually...
sean paul hands down has to have the best ear of any dancehall artists ive heard...
luda stays pretty consistent
my N CAM BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN HAD BANGERS...
ja rule used to have some heat as well...
snoops beat selection is terrible... im startin to think that dre not only produced doggystyle but ghostwrote it as well...
laugh.gif

i think thats my last tonight (last tonight)... im high as a satellite(satellite)... i see no flashin lights(flashin lights)... cuz every night every night i bgone
pimp.gif

I have to disagree about "God's Son." Did you hear "Get Down"???? "Made You Look"???? HEAT HEAT HEAT

Plus, I don't really like Canibus, but for those that think he chooses bad beats, go out and buy "Rip The Jacker." Stupid name, but SUCH A GOODALBUM.

And once you see Lupe live, you begin to understand how dope his beats are. "Paris, Tokyo," "Gold Watch," ....you kids are sleeping.

Worst beat selection probably goes to Eminem... whenever he 'selects' himself as the producer of his own tracks instead of Dre or someone elsecompetent... But I guess this comment is about 3 years late so I'll just go ahead and grab a late pass and go back to the studying and *@++ I'msupposed to be doing... holler

Best:

Young Jeezy by far....without dope beats dude wud b baggin groceries n i lik jeezy lol

Worst:

Other than Nas, i guess mayb 8Ball MJG...imo once they singned 2 bad boy their whole sound changed and alotta of their songs had outdated lil jon soundingbeats beats....AZ beats r preety eak 2 imo

Best:
Jay. he pics CLASSICS

Worst:
AZ by far. dont beleive me, look at what that %+%# has done to his career....

Okay people, NAS beat selection ain't that bad.

It just sounds worse than it really is because nas lyrics are so dammn on point.

On a side note, the thread starter came correct with bobby and amerie, some of jayz beats are nice but some of em are just whack.

but how are you gonna put r&b singers in a same cateogry as rappers?

Worst:
AZ by far. dont beleive me, look at what that %+%# has done to his career....
Whoa. Dude may throw a trash filler here or there on each album....but his quality tracks are on point.

Worst album beat selection/imposed:
Nas
Royce Da 5'9"
Fabolous
Cassidy
Em

On a board full of Weezyphiles, he cant get a "best beats" nomination? (Well...before "Lollipop") I think dude is hot microvaveddouble-basted gahbage, but his beats do be hot most of the time...hell, I think the whole 2nd half of Wayne career was carried by beats, cuz it 4 twatdamn surewasn't the lyrics...(and that "swag" excuse is gettin old) but neway, yeah...

Oh and the worst beats? My bol Cass...I mean...dude's one of my fav artists and all, but like seriously, cuzzo...who picks your beats? You need 2 get awayfrom Swizzy and get a new producer cuz the same loops and "hey" sounds in the background 4 the last 10 years aint cuttin it no more...maybe hit theRunners or Timbo up or sumthin...

i forgot cassidy... terrrrrrrrrrrible beats... anybody associated wit swizz really
smile.gif

the cool is like half n half cuz the beats the are good are great but the other ones are very weak...

Originally Posted by Equaztion

Best:

1. Bobby Valentino
2. Jigga
3. Freeway
4. Young Jeezy
5. Amerie
6. Shyne
7. Jae Millz

Worst:

Joe Budden
T.I
Cassidy
Nas
Jim Jones
indifferent.gif
What are you basing this off? andyour list is wacked out if you ask me?
eyes.gif

YO! I'll "o.k." a link to God's Stepson because I know Pat was personally sending it to people through IM and giving copies out at shows.I'll put it up if no one else has when I find it. DF!!!

good looks ant for allowing the link...

good looks whut it is for providing it

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! I'll "o.k." a link to God's Stepson because I know Pat was personally sending it to people through IM and giving copies out at shows. I'll put it up if no one else has when I find it. DF!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom