Asian Culture Discussion Thread

10867-2.gif

죽을래

'Do you want to die?'

That's how I know I've watched too many kdramas, when I know what she said

:rofl:

Last edited:
I kinda admire your situation. Now you can enjoy all these great films for the FIRST time unlike many of us.

But if you chose to NOT watch these now, then
anigif_sub-buzz-7566-1523337988-1.gif

I kinda admire your situation. Now you can enjoy all these great films for the FIRST time unlike many of us.

But if you chose to NOT watch these now, then
anigif_sub-buzz-7566-1523337988-1.gif

Who’s the actress at right: Go Ara?
If so, :emoji_fire: . She’s hot.
Haven’t watched too many k-dramas in a minute.

catching up on about 4 or 5 days of this thread and it seems that the overwhelming conversation to be discussed/polled is whether or not E everysingletime is indeed "asian"

:lol: i'm kidding. i'm equally as guilty as having not seen some of the films/shows amel mentioned. this might get me kicked out and banned from the thread but i haven't seen infernal affairs or Ipman and I never really played Initial-D...i just remember settin up asian kids in high school just to say "initial D..eeeez nuts!"

Watching these shows/movies, doesn't make you less or more asian. It's like he never seen or heard about these movies that gets me . :rofl:
Like growing up in some bubble devoid of Asian influence.

At the end of the day, if you've live the Asian experience, you are asian in my book.

Now someone get this man a torrent application :lol:
original.gif

Last edited:
YG Future Stratrgy

It's on netflix

Blackpink is in the first episode

Lisa really can't act

Rose looks like she might be a natural 🤔

speaking of the Asian/Asian American experience, PBS released a 5 hour docu-series on Asian folks for APAHM. it might have been mentioned earlier in the thread but I plan on watching it soon.

computersputin computersputin highlighted a few pages ago that all folks of color have faced some type of discrimination and marginalization in the US and I couldn't agree more. It's necessary to break down and differentiate the various forms of racism people face. Granted I live in a country that is rooted in upholding systemic racism and white supremacy, it'd be disingenuous for me to say that I face the same struggle as Black, Latino or Native American men. That being said, I feel like issues within Asian/Asian Am communities have been silenced and overlooked on a national scale.

communities of iImmigrant, poor, and/or working class Asians are still negatively impacted by that "model minority myth." long story short, im curious as hell to see what PBS includes in this docu-series

https://www.pbs.org/show/asian-americans/

Like i said, every minority group have experienced and STILL experience their own unique form of discrimination and hatred.
I'm not saying AA's struggle is greater /lesser or comparable to that of other races.
Is it really a contest or honor to be crowned "most historically/currently oppressed"??
The goal is to not have minority group vs minority group conflicts and rise up together to challenge that systemic racism that is hurting ALL of us.

Growing up in NYC in the 90s, I got the "ching chang chong" / pull eyes back treatment on a weekly basis at school from Blacks, Whites, and Hispanics.
Did it make me mad, it sure did at the time. and I probably even wished I was not Asian in the back of my mind.
As I grew order, I learned to appreciate my culture, and the cultures of other countries that shares similarities to my culture.
Facing that form of discrimination allowed me to bond and relate to all the other AA in America that have felt the same form of discrimination since first landing in this country.
But I do not go and attack other groups based on my experience because
1) they were uneducated /ignorant/immature kids
2) judging others based on their race combined with my past experience with that race is repeating that cycle.

All I can do/will do is to educated those we are willing to learn ( and also learn more myself ) and also teach my future children to never do the same as those kids, to embrace different cultures, and not to paint a whole race with the same brush.
I cant tell you how to feel about your own experience. I'm just giving you my thoughts on mine.

If you want to do some "fun" reading about the asian experience in America

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom