Asian On Asian Racism? Have You Experienced Or Witnessed It?

Chinese and Japanese people from my experience just dont like each other. History and imperialism btw the two is still remnant in there mentality. 

This could go for most of East Asia and Japan :lol:,mostly due to their conquests around the time of WW2. The enmity between the Japanese and Chinese is almost like the deep hate between Paki's and Indians. All lingering effects of colonialism as you mentioned.

The Japanese screwed all of them. The Filipinos, Korean, Chinese. And a good part of why those ethnic groups still hate them is because The Japanese deny the atrocities they've commited and rewrote their history books. At least the Germans admitted to what they did and made their peace.

The Japanese screwed all of them. The Filipinos, Korean, Chinese. And a good part of why those ethnic groups still hate them is because The Japanese deny the atrocities they've commited and rewrote their history books. At least the Germans admitted to what they did and made their peace.

They don't officially acknowledge a lot of those atrocities committed under the "empire" banner yet senior Japanese government officials still regularly visit a shrine dedicated to their war dead to honor a host of war criminals :x.

Very true.

I date a Filipino girl and she tells me about the prejudice nature that many Asians experience from one another. It's really amazing to see how history still impacts the way we think and behave towards eachother.

Also, true story about the self-hate experienced in South Asia as well. Indian, Pakistani's and Bengali's all hate eachother.

Anything I can read about this? Or can you quickly tell us that don't know? What did they do?

Anything I can read about this? Or can you quickly tell us that don't know? What did they do?

Look up the "Rape of Nanjing" for starters. One of the worst atrocities of the war comitted against Chinese families including countless women and children :smh:. There were many more massacres during the Japanese occupation of Asia but that might be the most well known.

Last edited:

Look up the "Rape of Nanjing" for starters. One of the worst atrocities of the war comitted against Chinese families including countless women and children :smh:. There were many more massacres during the Japanese occupation of Asia but that might be the most well known.

This was obviously a horrible act the Japanese committed, but you need to let that stuff go. It was done decades ago and not happening anymore. Yeah, it would be nice if Japan owned up to what they did, but they won't. People need to move on and let love in.

/thread

One thing that annoys me though is when you go eat at different places and when they find out you don't speak their language, they stop being nice and service falls off the face of Earth.

I really, really hate this when it happens. I'm a really small ethnic minority so I look Chinese and Vietnamese but people always assume I'm one or the other.
ROFL, that's how one of the arguments started. The girls didn't have an accent at all, their English vernacular was with perfect pronunciation. One of them got irritated and spoke another Asian language. The manager was Chinese, after he couldn't understand them, he ignored most of their request. Most of the people were Chinese, and that's when the demeaning insults from the girls started and the Chinese people start giving our section the side eye.

Last edited:
This was obviously a horrible act the Japanese committed, but you need to let that stuff go. It was done decades ago and not happening anymore. Yeah, it would be nice if Japan owned  to what they did, but they won't. People need to move on and let love in.
Words sound very familiar. 
nerd.gif

This was obviously a horrible act the Japanese committed, but you need to let that stuff go. It was done decades ago and not happening anymore. Yeah, it would be nice if Japan owned up to what they did, but they won't. People need to move on and let love in.

I'm not caught up on that though tbh,just giving some backstory. What I believe is that if even Germany can apologize for the actions of the Nazis,there's NO reason why Japan can't for their atrocities. It's still important and relevant nowadays because it's still a huge wedge issue in the way of, improved Sino-Japanese,Korean-Japanese,Pinoy-Japanese etc, relations.

Last edited:
Interesting...

All of the Asian chicks I know only **** with white guys. But most of them are westernized to where they only hang out with white people. 

I've heard it's different where you have a large Asian population. 

I had an Asian professor once and the dude used to talk like he wasn't considered a minority. At one point he even let the class know his wife was white...
grin.gif

Last edited:

I'm not caught up on that though tbh,just giving some backstory. What I believe is that if even Germany can apologize for the actions of the Nazis,there's NO reason why Japan can't for their atrocities. It's still important and relevant nowadays because it's still a huge wedge issue in the way of, improved Sino-Japanese,Korean-Japanese,Pinoy-Japanese etc, relations.

It was easier for the Germans to own up to it, because their actions were widely known. Not many people are familiar with some of the war crimes Japan committed.

It was easier for the Germans to own up to it, because their actions were widely known. Not many people are familiar with some of the war crimes Japan committed.

That's only because they burned most of the documents implicating themselves in countless war crimes during the final days before surrender. Germany tried to do the same initially but they didn't have any time to. Japans crimes have been widely known for decades now and still nothing from the government. Imagine if the Germans rewrote their history books to wash out the holocaust...that's sort of equivalent to Japans whitewashing of that period.

Last edited:
They don't officially acknowledge a lot of those atrocities committed under the "empire" banner yet senior Japanese government officials still regularly visit a shrine dedicated to their war dead to honor a host of war criminals :x.
Honoring war criminals? So I see they took a page from the US playbook. And I strongly disagree with Germany being forward about how things went down; better than Japan maybe, but that's about it.

Honoring war criminals? So I see they took a page from the US playbook. And I strongly disagree with Germany being forward about how things went down; better than Japan maybe, but that's about it.

In the States, the war criminals get cozy corporate gigs with defense contractors :lol:. Just saying that at least they've expressed some sympathy for all the suffering they caused in the past. It's not much but it's something they've at least acknowledged unlike Japan.

Last edited:
So there is a guy who runs my favorite Chinese restaurant. It is called Yen-Ching in Dekalb IL. As you can imagine Yen-Ching is a common chinese name. I saw a Yen Ching close to where I live now and asked him if he owns that place too since he had recently bought an extra store somewhere else.

Dude yells "NO! THAT IS A KOREAN STORE! YOU MUST NEVER GO THERE!"

Well..... Damn......

All my Asian friends assure me that Asians hate other Asians. Even my brothers gf, who is Chinese, says the same

Last edited:

What was his reason behind it? Was it contextual or pertinent to the conversation?
It really wasn't pertinent to the conversation, but he was mentioning how his kids are often picked on for looking different. 

In that he brought up his wife being white. 

A lot of people who are mad about this dont mind the way America rewrites its history books (not saying you are one of those people). But if you are going to be mad about this then you must be mad about every culture that does this, including your own.

I haven't seen Asian people talk bad about the Japanese in real life. My grandfather was a POW of the Japanese during ww2 and my fam never talks bad about them. My dad will only buy Japanese cars and tv's.

A lot of people who are mad about this dont mind the way America rewrites its history books (not saying you are one of those people). But if you are going to be mad about this then you must be mad about every culture that does this, including your own.
Absolutely. But I'm confused why this is directed at me, maybe because of my name. Oh I'm not German, I just own a Stihl tool.

I've seen it in Asia and among immigrants here, but from my experience most Asians born here get along, at least in the Bay Area/Cali in general. Pretty much any time of the day you'll see East/Southeast/South Asian people kicking it, dating, etc. They especially all unite against the white washed POS Asians thay go out of their way to @!!@ on the rest of the Asian community :lol:

Last edited:
Absolutely. But I'm confused why this is directed at me, maybe because of my name. Oh I'm not German, I just own a Stihl tool.

I just quoted you because you were the first to bring it up. Did not know you were german or what your name means

EDIT: NVM i missed someone else's post on the same subject

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom