Asians.....Want to be in a movie?....Last Airbender

The Last Airbender casting
We are looking for Chinese and Korean actors for principal roles in M. Night Shyamalan's new film, "The Last Airbender."
"The Last Airbender" is a new Paramount Pictures production, written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan. The film is an epic adventure story based onthe Nickelodeon TV series, "Avatar: The Last Airbender."

Needed are Chinese and Korean actors- MEN ONLY, age 30-60, SAG or non-Union.
All roles are paid under a SAG contract.

Shooting begins in Philadelphia in April 2009.

If interested please e-mail a picture/resume to: airbendercasting@gmail.com

NO Phone calls please.

man i hope M.Night doesn't mess this up
grin.gif

i'm a big Avatar fan

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

Originally Posted by instant klassic

^M. Night WILL mess this movie up, like he has for the past several movies.
i liked the happening.
really? i think the happening is one of the worst movies i have ever seen

Originally Posted by instant klassic

^M. Night WILL mess this movie up, like he has for the past several movies.

Nah, hopefully all of his flops have convinced him that it's time to ditch the "twist" style.. I doubt The Last Airbender will have a twist tothe story so it could work..

Originally Posted by dgk3188

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by dgk3188

man i hope M.Night doesn't mess this up
grin.gif

i'm a big Avatar fan
lol. have you seen the casting assignments?
ohwell.gif
i haven't....is it doomed from the start?
... here.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]First Look: The Cast of The Last Airbender[/h2]
Posted on Wednesday, December 10th, 2008 at 4:17 am by: Peter Sciretta

lstairbenderlogo.jpg

Entertainment Weekly reports that M. Night Shyamalan has found the cast for The Last Airbender, the live-action adaptation of the popular Nickelodeon anime-inspired series Avatar.

angecasting-440x260.jpg

Karate star Noah Ringer (discovered in a Texas open casting call) will play Aang, the Avatar (the spirit of the planet manifested in human form), the last surviving Airbender and a monk of the Air Nomads, a race of people with the unique ability to manipulate the air around them. He is assigned with the task of keeping the Four Nations at peace.

sokacasting-440x275.jpg

Jackson Rathbone (Twilight's Jasper Hale) is in talks to play Aang's friend Sokka, a warrior of the South Pole's Southern Water Tribe, a race of people who can control and manipulate water.

kataracasting-440x221.jpg

Nicola Peltz (Deck the Halls) has been cast as Sokka's fourteen-year-old sister Katara, the last remaining Waterbender of her entire Tribe.

zukocasting-440x221.jpg

Pop/R&B singer Jesse McCartney is in talks to play the Fire Nation's evil prince Zuko. Exiled from the Fire Nation by his father, Zuko is sent to capture the Avatar in order to restore his honor and right to the throne.

The Last Airbender is being targeted for a July 2nd 2010 release.

...although Jesse McCartney is gone.
it's the dude from Slumdog now

just a little bit of color now...

as long as they gave white people the main roles....
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Just, kidding, don't know anything about the show/movie
laugh.gif

Hmm.. on imdb, Dev Patel (Slumdog) is listed to play Zuko though.. But damn, this is Disney Channel casting..

On a tangent, I had heard that M Night was going to direct Life of Pi.. looks like that's no more but I'm almost certain they have to cast Dev Patel asPi Patel.. Perfect age and no more famous a brown actor right now..

Well, anyways.. this movie could work and since there's less emotional ties to the story/characters since it hasn't been around forever, casting can bemore flexible than it was for DB.
I just hope M Night captures the spirit of the tv show.. It was different ya know? Definitely didn't feel like a Disney show or anything..

Back
Top Bottom