Ask a Jehovah's Witness Vol. Who's that at my door?

1. So you know God's personality, based on what a man wrote in a book?....fair enough

2. You didn't answer my question at all. I said at what point will God's little experiment be over? You said dude will come back after human-rule has failed. History repeats itself, human-rule has been "failing" since the dawn of civilization. At what point will dude finally be like "Aite I seen enough"? Simple question.

3. You didn't even come close to tackling my third point. You said God will come down when people have achieved some "higher knowledge of truth". I asked what happens to people that / have been oblivious to him? And are you insinuating that God can only come down when ALL MEN are converted to Jehovah's Witnesses?

This is why I asked you to pay close attention to what I'm asking.

1. So you know God's personality, based on what a man wrote in a book?....fair enough

2. You didn't answer my question at all. I said at what point will God's little experiment be over? You said dude will come back after human-rule has failed. History repeats itself, human-rule has been "failing" since the dawn of civilization. At what point will dude finally be like "Aite I seen enough"? Simple question.

3. You didn't even come close to tackling my third point. You said God will come down when people have achieved some "higher knowledge of truth". I asked what happens to people that / have been oblivious to him? And are you insinuating that God can only come down when ALL MEN are converted to Jehovah's Witnesses?

Originally Posted by retrospect90

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Do you know who rules the world?
we believe satan rules the world, and thats why things are deteriorating as time progresses. eventually though he will be done away with
I think you knew I knew the answer
laugh.gif
They asked me this (and different ppl kept asking) when I was walking home and the first time I said humans. They gave me the devil talk and I told them he doesn't exist and if he did, he's doing a piss poor job of destroying human civilization
laugh.gif
Cuz if I had his powers there would've been a nuclear holocaust. Lady looked at me crazy.

2nd time these old ladies asked I hit him with the math of the day. I told her GOD rules the world and then they said the Devil and I was like you don't get it, I'm GOD. I told them I was out fighting the good battle for my old earth and that they should be happy they got to meet me.

I walked away with a smile and good laugh those days.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by retrospect90

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Do you know who rules the world?
we believe satan rules the world, and thats why things are deteriorating as time progresses. eventually though he will be done away with
I think you knew I knew the answer
laugh.gif
They asked me this (and different ppl kept asking) when I was walking home and the first time I said humans. They gave me the devil talk and I told them he doesn't exist and if he did, he's doing a piss poor job of destroying human civilization
laugh.gif
Cuz if I had his powers there would've been a nuclear holocaust. Lady looked at me crazy.

2nd time these old ladies asked I hit him with the math of the day. I told her GOD rules the world and then they said the Devil and I was like you don't get it, I'm GOD. I told them I was out fighting the good battle for my old earth and that they should be happy they got to meet me.

I walked away with a smile and good laugh those days.
roll.gif

Where in the bible does it say you can come on my private property and knock on my door, bother me, to try to influence me on something I could give two craps about.?

Where in the bible does it say you can come on my private property and knock on my door, bother me, to try to influence me on something I could give two craps about.?

JWs, I see that you base everything off of scriptures... well is it really proven that scripture is correct and divine? Because the Bible was written by humans - The Old T was written sometimes thousands of years after the events "happened" and the New Test. was written by NO eyewitnesses to Jesus' miracles... just guys that were students of the apostles. Also the bible endured several translations, so I'm assuming much had to be lost through that. Do you think Noah's Ark really physically happened? Or the burning bush, or Jonah and the whale?
Also... what is your success rate? Like out of all the doors that you knock on, how many actually express interest in converting to your religion?

JWs, I see that you base everything off of scriptures... well is it really proven that scripture is correct and divine? Because the Bible was written by humans - The Old T was written sometimes thousands of years after the events "happened" and the New Test. was written by NO eyewitnesses to Jesus' miracles... just guys that were students of the apostles. Also the bible endured several translations, so I'm assuming much had to be lost through that. Do you think Noah's Ark really physically happened? Or the burning bush, or Jonah and the whale?
Also... what is your success rate? Like out of all the doors that you knock on, how many actually express interest in converting to your religion?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Point #2
Prophecies in Book of Daniel. (in a nutshell actually, please elaborate guys)
According to the JW interpretation of the statue described in Chap 2:
each level of the statue represents each major civilization on this planet, all the way from the greeks, romans, persians all the way to the british and now the american "empire"
where it gets interesting is where the interpretation fits into actual historical timeline, (of course, your argument here might be that things might be made to fit, but bear with me) at the point where we are now, with the United States as the dominating power, the corresponding layer on the statue is the bottom-most layer, meaning that the after the American "empire's" downfall, the stage is set for the great tribulation and as such after that, Armageddon.
this fits into the rest of the general JW interpretation of us living in the "last days"

Point #3
JW Rhetoric says:
refer to Matthew 24:14

[sup]14[/sup]And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

This verse is used to explain that very thing.  It is a JW's duty to go out and preach, and preach as much as they can, the main goal as described in the congregation, is not to convert as many as possible, but rather to spread the word and to make Jehovah's name known, just make it known at the very least, thats where it ends.  Now, with the organization as a whole growing and expanding into more and more countries, thats where the end goal comes into play, I honestly have no idea if this interpretation by the JW religion is completely literal (all 7 billion people hearing about "Jehovah") or if it allows for a bit of wiggle room of sorts.
To those oblivious to him, to those who have heard the truth and have decided to go against it or not take part in it, as long as they've heard of Jehovah's name, as long as his name has been made known to the world, then thats the end cue.  

--
BG info on me:
18 y.o.
went to meetings for all my life.. recently (HS), i've started having my educated doubts about the JW rhetoric and religion in general and I've tried to do my research here and there, but unfortunately, its inconclusive as to an absolute personal spiritual truth in my own case.
I grew up learning and internalizing to a degree the teachings of JW's, but due to my recent interests or w/e I am also able to see the opposing POV, be it from an atheist or a person from another religion, if i continue to try to answer any of these questions, please keep in mind that I cannot speak as an ordained member of the Jehovah's Witnesses, but can give a fact based answer due to my "experience" in it.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Point #2
Prophecies in Book of Daniel. (in a nutshell actually, please elaborate guys)
According to the JW interpretation of the statue described in Chap 2:
each level of the statue represents each major civilization on this planet, all the way from the greeks, romans, persians all the way to the british and now the american "empire"
where it gets interesting is where the interpretation fits into actual historical timeline, (of course, your argument here might be that things might be made to fit, but bear with me) at the point where we are now, with the United States as the dominating power, the corresponding layer on the statue is the bottom-most layer, meaning that the after the American "empire's" downfall, the stage is set for the great tribulation and as such after that, Armageddon.
this fits into the rest of the general JW interpretation of us living in the "last days"

Point #3
JW Rhetoric says:
refer to Matthew 24:14

[sup]14[/sup]And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

This verse is used to explain that very thing.  It is a JW's duty to go out and preach, and preach as much as they can, the main goal as described in the congregation, is not to convert as many as possible, but rather to spread the word and to make Jehovah's name known, just make it known at the very least, thats where it ends.  Now, with the organization as a whole growing and expanding into more and more countries, thats where the end goal comes into play, I honestly have no idea if this interpretation by the JW religion is completely literal (all 7 billion people hearing about "Jehovah") or if it allows for a bit of wiggle room of sorts.
To those oblivious to him, to those who have heard the truth and have decided to go against it or not take part in it, as long as they've heard of Jehovah's name, as long as his name has been made known to the world, then thats the end cue.  

--
BG info on me:
18 y.o.
went to meetings for all my life.. recently (HS), i've started having my educated doubts about the JW rhetoric and religion in general and I've tried to do my research here and there, but unfortunately, its inconclusive as to an absolute personal spiritual truth in my own case.
I grew up learning and internalizing to a degree the teachings of JW's, but due to my recent interests or w/e I am also able to see the opposing POV, be it from an atheist or a person from another religion, if i continue to try to answer any of these questions, please keep in mind that I cannot speak as an ordained member of the Jehovah's Witnesses, but can give a fact based answer due to my "experience" in it.

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

lol.. yeah, thats where I personally have had the big doubts in terms of my faith.. I've brought up these very points in conversations with Congregation elders and I haven't received an answer that I consider myself to be adequate, but keep in mind, thats just me..
However, other christian religions also believe these things to be fact, so you can't really bring this point up as "ZOMG THEY BELIEVE JONAH AND THE WHALEZ?!", when most major christian religions and sects also consider these to be true.   Jehovah's Witnesses believe these things to be true, and they believe that the bible is the correct and divine inspired word of god. 
now... Council of Nicaea 1215, i know, i know.. KJV, i know i know..
the bible that the JW religion uses is the "New Translation of the Holy Scriptures" a translation that to my knowledge, was made in house by Witnesses themselves in order to have a version of the bible that is as close and correct to the original scrolls and tablets as possible.

Success rate? honestly it depends, preaching is highly organized, down to the street blocks, records are kept so that the visits are as spaced out as possible... you might get a good success rate in an apt complex you havent visited in a while, or a bad success rate in one that is visited every other month or so... i will say this: most people who listen once will be receptive to a return visit in which the actual seed is put down in terms of a bible study or a visit to the kingdom hall, from there it's up to the person whether or not they would like to continue.  there's a significant majority of people who don't even open their doors in the first place, and I myself while on the preaching work got a door slammed in my face.. i was around 7 or 8 years old at the time.

lol.. yeah, thats where I personally have had the big doubts in terms of my faith.. I've brought up these very points in conversations with Congregation elders and I haven't received an answer that I consider myself to be adequate, but keep in mind, thats just me..
However, other christian religions also believe these things to be fact, so you can't really bring this point up as "ZOMG THEY BELIEVE JONAH AND THE WHALEZ?!", when most major christian religions and sects also consider these to be true.   Jehovah's Witnesses believe these things to be true, and they believe that the bible is the correct and divine inspired word of god. 
now... Council of Nicaea 1215, i know, i know.. KJV, i know i know..
the bible that the JW religion uses is the "New Translation of the Holy Scriptures" a translation that to my knowledge, was made in house by Witnesses themselves in order to have a version of the bible that is as close and correct to the original scrolls and tablets as possible.

Success rate? honestly it depends, preaching is highly organized, down to the street blocks, records are kept so that the visits are as spaced out as possible... you might get a good success rate in an apt complex you havent visited in a while, or a bad success rate in one that is visited every other month or so... i will say this: most people who listen once will be receptive to a return visit in which the actual seed is put down in terms of a bible study or a visit to the kingdom hall, from there it's up to the person whether or not they would like to continue.  there's a significant majority of people who don't even open their doors in the first place, and I myself while on the preaching work got a door slammed in my face.. i was around 7 or 8 years old at the time.

Ok I want more detailed info on this statue....this is new
laugh.gif
 . Anyone care to chime in?

And someone already asked this, but what exactly is your success rate with converting people. JW don't exactly have the best reputation, I can't fathom anyone being like "Aite bet, I'm sold."
laugh.gif

Another really really really good question.  JW is essentially a sect of Christianity. The fundamentally believe everything other Christian sects believe. So why exactly do other Christians NEED to convert to JW. I mean I can understand you coming to hedon's like myself to preach, but I don't see the need to preach to other Christians.

Ok I want more detailed info on this statue....this is new
laugh.gif
 . Anyone care to chime in?

And someone already asked this, but what exactly is your success rate with converting people. JW don't exactly have the best reputation, I can't fathom anyone being like "Aite bet, I'm sold."
laugh.gif

Another really really really good question.  JW is essentially a sect of Christianity. The fundamentally believe everything other Christian sects believe. So why exactly do other Christians NEED to convert to JW. I mean I can understand you coming to hedon's like myself to preach, but I don't see the need to preach to other Christians.

I'm 24 now, I stopped going to the hall when I was 21. I'd been going since I was born though, and stopped going cause I got into it with an Elder about my beard and other things. Even tho I no longer attend meetings, I will never say anything bad about the religion or the people. They made me the man who I am today. The congregation our like families and even though I dont go, I'd still do anything for anyone who needed me

I'm 24 now, I stopped going to the hall when I was 21. I'd been going since I was born though, and stopped going cause I got into it with an Elder about my beard and other things. Even tho I no longer attend meetings, I will never say anything bad about the religion or the people. They made me the man who I am today. The congregation our like families and even though I dont go, I'd still do anything for anyone who needed me

So, yall are forum "knocking" now?

do you know what time it is?

So, yall are forum "knocking" now?

do you know what time it is?

Is doggy cool with JW chicks or is it strictly missionary? And does the repression make them as freaky as Catholics?

Is doggy cool with JW chicks or is it strictly missionary? And does the repression make them as freaky as Catholics?

We believe that it is so.

When I started to study I asked the same question. I wondered if the bible was just a fantasy novel or a book that had prophecies that were fulfilled. After I did serious research and study I was able to come to the conclusion that the Bible is a book that is inspired by God.

The Hebrew scriptures (or Old Testament) were written by various men who lived around that period of time. For example Moses wrote the book of Exodus.

Also the books of the Gospels were written by the apostles . The books are named after the some of the 12 disciples i.e. Matthew, John, Luke; these men were there when Jesus walked the earth.

Yes we do believe in every account in the Bible. For a book this old to still be around, to be the most distributed book in the history of mankind, from it's historical accuracy, the geographic and geologic accuracy, how practical it is, the scientific accuracy, and it's candor of the bible writers in my opinion it has to be fact.

Back
Top Bottom