Asking a friend straight up what they want for their birthday?

Yay or nay?

I absolutely suck at giving gifts, by the way. I don't want to be remembered as the guy who gave the crappy gift (again).

Originally Posted by th3answ3r

Most of the time they will say "no you dont have to" or "anything" anyway.
^
most of the time I tell them I'm not getting them anything, and they don't have to get me anything.

i always ask, if they say something like "you don't have to get my anything" than just get what you'd think they like best

I get my friends the same *$+* every year

A bottle of liquor

When you're around your friends you usually pick up on the things they want, look for the hints

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by th3answ3r

Most of the time they will say "no you dont have to" or "anything" anyway.
^
most of the time I tell them I'm not getting them anything, and they don't have to get me anything.
exactly what i do. if its my bday he pays for the meal of vice versa

A guy friend. Can't go wrong with a bottle of alcohol.

A female friend. Ask her closest friends what she wants. They'll know.

I HATE asking someone what they want. It defeats the purpose to me, I honestly would rather not get them anything than ask and get them that same exact item. Seems so robotic to me. I hate it. I hate gift giving and receiving. Receiving because if there is anything I want, I already bought it.

I tell my friends not to get me anything just to see if they will or not.

(Sometimes I really don't want anything.)

I think it's nice to ask though, but if you get something on your own then it's that much

give em 20 bucks
now you dont have to worry about picking
laugh.gif

he will appreciate the gift later
some people need to be bought what they need instead of what they want

and to answer the op if you know your friends or s.o and listen to them it's not hard to find a good gift.
most people just lazy and don't want to put the effort in to finding something nice

Back
Top Bottom